What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What round Raiders win their next game?

Spot On

Coach
The yearly question for a team going absolute shit at the bottom of the ladder... where does their next win come from?

Rd 10: Storm Away

Rd 11: Bulldogs Home

Rd 13: Cowboys Home

Rd 14: Broncos Away

Rd 16: Eels Home

Rd 17: Roosters Away

Rd 18: Sharks Away

Rd 19: Storm Home

Rd 20: Dragons home

Rd 21: Warriors Away

Rd 22: Knights Away

Rd 23: Souths Home

Rd 24: Titans Away

Rd 25: Panthers Home

Rd 26: Bulldogs Away

Or in 2012?

I am leaning towards Eels at home, though maybe an upset against the Cowboys at home as well. Rd 23 against Souffs is a given but I reckon they will break the drought before then.

Ps. I hit submit by accident so the title makes little sense and doesn't include a poll, epic fail

In all honesty, if Campo takes a while to come good and plays all games after his comeback, I can only see them winning four games on that list. Otherwise, two? Surely not.

Apey

Staff member
next week, given how these threads usually go

the upset of all upsets if they managed that

does anyone know exactly when Campese is expected back? Cowboys at home or later than that?

Charlie124

First Grade
It'll be either the Eels or Cowboys, I really hope its not us because that would be a huge let down from what we've shown so far this year.

there is (well, was going to be :lol:) an option for 2012

Yeah if they win against the Eels they could find something slightly resembling form and go on to win the next 2.

Eels is looking likely but still a while to go before then.

Form? At the moment it would be an improvement if the Raiders found something that vaguely demonstrates some knowledge and ability in the basic fundamentals of rugby league.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if saints cant break the hoodoo this year, they should just forfeit any games in the future and save themselves the risk of injuries

You should have put rounds 12 and 15 in the list, they're no certanties in them either.

If their current halves were playing for Ingleburn Bulldogs A Grade, they'd be last as well.

northwest9

Juniors
i really am worried about this weekend against the storm.

i hope the storm dont get complacent and let this rabble sneak a win.

Mr Saab

Referee
Hopefully never in 2011. I want to see them finish 1-23.....with Orful playing all of the games.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Let's assume they lose to Melbourne this weekend (fairly safe bet I'd say!)

3 of the next 4 games are where the win will come from.

They get the Bulldogs before Origin. If Idris and Tolman are out, there's a slight weakening - Raiders at home on a cold Friday night might be small chance there.

Bye in round 12 (great job Canberra)

Round 13 is North Queensland in Canberra. Unfortunately it's Sunday afternoon and not a night game. Thurston tends to play really well, and without the dire cold to help, hard to see any result for Canberra here!

Round 14 they're up at Suncorp in the round before Origin - if there's ever a chance to squeak a win against the Broncos, surely this is it? Raiders have got to be a tiny chance here don't they?

Round 15 bye following Origin (unfortunate timing again)

Round 16 they're at home to the Eels. SURELY Canberra will win this one? The Eels have been just about the worst team in the comp so far - yes, they have 3 wins on the board, but, as an Eels fan, it really feels like we've "snuck" those wins in and it' hard to envision that kind of luck continuing. If they're not playing at their best, the Eels get belted. Hot chance here for Canberra.
The downside for the Raiders is that it's round 16 - and Hayne tends to play excellent football around Origin time and toward the back end of the season.... Oh - and it's the game after a bye and after a 'short week' of footy with Origin. Teams tend to be fairly disjointed following the bye

IMO 3 "winnable" games there for Canberra - I wouldn't say they'd be favourites in any of them, but surely they'll get a win in round 16?