What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should the Australian Team be?

nqboy

First Grade
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
7. Prince
8. Civoniceva (c)
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh

Something stops me from picking Bird and Gallen. I just can't stand cats, no matter how well they play. And I know I will get the argument about Slater but I just don't see it that way. Slater's had a couple of brain exposions, Bird and Gallen have It was between Stewart and Bowen but Bowen gave it away with a quiet game last week and Stewart couldn't step up this week when Slater really did so CU gets the gig.

Mason - I don't know. I know what he's capable of, but I want to see less talk and more action. Ryan runs hot and cold. Anasta doesn't thrill me but could sneak in, depending on where we play Inglis. I don't want to waste Joe on the wing but I don't want to waste him at 5/8 either. Fullback, when he hasn't played there for >12 months?

The GF halfback shootout was a fizzer so I've gone back to Prince, who has produced at that level before.

The rest of it is wide open IMO.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hate to be a forum cop but shouldn't this be in the International forum? ;-)

philstorm

Juniors
nqboy said:
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
7. Prince
8. Civoniceva (c)
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh

Something stops me from picking Bird and Gallen. I just can't stand cats, no matter how well they play. And I know I will get the argument about Slater but I just don't see it that way. Slater's had a couple of brain exposions, Bird and Gallen have It was between Stewart and Bowen but Bowen gave it away with a quiet game last week and Stewart couldn't step up this week when Slater really did so CU gets the gig.

Mason - I don't know. I know what he's capable of, but I want to see less talk and more action. Ryan runs hot and cold. Anasta doesn't thrill me but could sneak in, depending on where we play Inglis. I don't want to waste Joe on the wing but I don't want to waste him at 5/8 either. Fullback, when he hasn't played there for >12 months?

The GF halfback shootout was a fizzer so I've gone back to Prince, who has produced at that level before.

The rest of it is wide open IMO.

I'm going to be biased (but hey, who can blame me).

1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
5. Folau
6. Inglis
7. Cronk
8. Petro
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hoffman
13. Johnson

Dno about the rest.

Coaster

Bench
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
5. Inglis
6. Prince
7. Cronk
8. Petro
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hoffman
13. Gallan

14 Mason
15 Bird
16 Kite
17 Bailey

I would play prince at 5/8, start the hate

philstorm

Juniors
curious said:
1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
5. Inglis
6. Prince
7. Cronk
8. Petro
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hoffman
13. Gallan

14 Mason
15 Bird
16 Kite
17 Bailey

I would play prince at 5/8, start the hate

No complaints - that's a pretty good team.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if they pick on form and he's available, surely Ben Cross would be in contention?
The Kiwis are going to have some massive impact front rowers in Fui Fui, Lima and Smith... fight fire with fire i say, Bring on Benny Cross

hot frost

Juniors
1. Bowen
2. Hayne
3. King
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Inglis
7. Cronk
8. Price (c)
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Hindmarsh
12. Carroll
13. Johnson

14 Slater
15 Mason
16 Hoffman
17 Bailey

Misty Bee

First Grade
1. Bowen
2. Hayne
3. Hodges
4. Gasnier
5. Slater
6. INglis
7. Prince
8. Civoniceva (c)
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Gallan

14. Bird
15. Crocker
16. Bailey
17. White

CharlieF

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Stewart deserves the nod before Slater

Him or Bowen.

Stewart will probably be ruled out though due to injury. I think Bowen deserves it a bit more because he has been exceptional in attack.

Johns Magic

Referee
nqboy said:
Stewart couldn't step up this week when Slater really did so CU gets the gig.

If Stewart was playing for the Storm last night and Slater was playing for the Sea Eagles, I'd wager that Stewart would've ripped it up and Slater would've had a shocker.

Stewart got no attacking opportunities last night behind a plodding forward pack and an uncreative halves duo. Despite this, he was safe as houses, taking some great bombs and cleaning up at the back with some vital cover tackles. To take that swirling high ball last night when he got knocked out wasn't only courageous, it was fantastic fullback work.

Slater had an easy job last night. That's no criticism of him, because he's an outstanding player and did a great job, but he's certainly not as reliable as Stewart at the back when the pressure's on.

We all know Stewart is sublime in attack as well when given an opportunity, but last night just wasn't the night to play fullback for that joke of a Manly team.

Garts

Bench
Johns Magic said:
If Stewart was playing for the Storm last night and Slater was playing for the Sea Eagles, I'd wager that Stewart would've ripped it up and Slater would've had a shocker.

Stewart got no attacking opportunities last night behind a plodding forward pack and an uncreative halves duo. Despite this, he was safe as houses, taking some great bombs and cleaning up at the back with some vital cover tackles. To take that swirling high ball last night when he got knocked out wasn't only courageous, it was fantastic fullback work.

Slater had an easy job last night. That's no criticism of him, because he's an outstanding player and did a great job, but he's certainly not as reliable as Stewart at the back when the pressure's on.

We all know Stewart is sublime in attack as well when given an opportunity, but last night just wasn't the night to play fullback for that joke of a Manly team.

Spot on. Slater is a level below Bowen & Stewart imo.

Butters

Bench
Slater
Hayne
Hodges
Gasnier
Folau
Inglis
Cronk
Civinoceva
Smith
Price
Mason
Hoffman
Johnson

Anasta
White
Cross
Crocker

Coaster

Bench
Slater was outstanding last night, and always is in the big games.

Im not sure what this bloke has to do to get the respect he deserves

Garts

Bench
Munky said:
Being harsh on Slater there.

He ripped up in the first half off of kicks.

My grandma using a zimmer frame could have ripped up on the returns with the sh!thouse kick chase from Manly. It was pathetic.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stewart was good in a badly beaten manly side
Id also have Stewart over Slater at the moment but there's deadset a bee's dick in it