What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the hell is happening with Cronulla's halves in 2016?

carcharias

Immortal
Firstly, shirley Barba will be playing for the London Broncos or some shit next year. The guy is clearly damaged goods, whether it be his off field issues or this ankle problem he has that refuses to go away. He offers nothing to the Sharks off the bench and doesn't as a starter either. If Sandow deserved to be shooed off, Barba certainly does.

Robson isn't a halves asshole either. Cronulla really should start shopping around for a decent young prospect who isn't some overrated dick like Norman. Letting Carney go so suddenly without a backup plan was always gonna have repercussions

you hope.

Ibleedblue

Juniors
I would've kept Bird in the halves and partnered him with Maloney. That kid is a gun I'm hoping he doesn't get wasted in the centres.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Didn't read, rated one, moved on.

you stole this from me when i first started trolling threads on here.

i'd be ok with the occasional use but it's getting a lot of airtime, I'd like some royalties thanks. a few shoutouts every now and then would be adequate.

Robson will likely retire but I'm more interested in knowing what they'll do with Nu Brown. That kid looked great in his debut season and was playing good enough to be in the kiwis training squad. Them buying Townsend was a WTF moment, I was already trying to figure out what they'd do with Maloney, Brown and Bird. Bird is a very good 6 and he'll become a great one soon, I don't think he'll make a great centre. He's strong and skilful but he does lack a bit of speed.

Barba is done, dumbass should have never left the Dogs. Although I heard he was kinda forced out for having an affair with Sam Kasiano's wife.... Should have kept it in his pants the little kent.

Card Shark

Immortal
Firstly, shirley Barba will be playing for the London Broncos or some shit next year. The guy is clearly damaged goods, whether it be his off field issues or this ankle problem he has that refuses to go away. He offers nothing to the Sharks off the bench and doesn't as a starter either. If Sandow deserved to be shooed off, Barba certainly does.

Robson isn't a halves asshole either. Cronulla really should start shopping around for a decent young prospect who isn't some overrated dick like Norman. Letting Carney go so suddenly without a backup plan was always gonna have repercussions

I couldn't give a rats arse about 2016 atm, we still have business in 2015.

As for Barba, he's going nowhere, particularly whilst Brisbane are paying a large portion of his contract (this year & next). You just want him to fail because the Broncos can do no wrong.

Robson will likely retire but I'm more interested in knowing what they'll do with Nu Brown. That kid looked great in his debut season and was playing good enough to be in the kiwis training squad. Them buying Townsend was a WTF moment, I was already trying to figure out what they'd do with Maloney, Brown and Bird. Bird is a very good 6 and he'll become a great one soon, I don't think he'll make a great centre. He's strong and skilful but he does lack a bit of speed.

He is the back up hooker to Ennis, and has been that choice for a while.
This is why the Sharks never fought that hard to keep Lichaa.
If you had ever seen an U20's game involving Lichaa and Brown they both played hooker (Brown would also play in the halves), Brown was always the better player.

Clifferd

Coach
I would've kept Bird in the halves and partnered him with Maloney. That kid is a gun I'm hoping he doesn't get wasted in the centres.

He is generally a centre/lock anyway played those positions all through his juniors. Very versatile player anyway

Who's Shirley Barba? Never heard of the f*cker.

CSFC

Juniors
Sharks in 2016:

1. Barba
2. Holmes
3. Beale
4. Bird
5. Feki
6. Maloney
7. Townsend
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Tagataese
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen

14. Bukuya
15. Tupou
16. Arona
17. Prior

Here's the deal with Barba at the back though. There's a lot of talk about Holmes being our starting fullback next year. I think Flanno will sit Barba down pre-season and give him the first quarter of the season to prove he should keep Holmes out of that position. If he doesn't fire, Valentine will move to fullback, and Barba will be binned with Leutele returning to the backline.

Maloney and Townsend will be the best thing to happen to the Sharks in recent memory. Townsend has developed so much at Warriors and we all know what Maloney is capable of. Our pack is solid, and the young guns in our backline will provide that spark we need to put points on.

Bird has openly said he wants to return to centre, and is playing 5/8 as he is doing what's best for the team at the moment. He will kill it in the centres, he needs to not have to focus on passing and just focus on running which is what he does best.

squiddy

Juniors
Bird could well end up as Fullback - leaving Val on the wing - god knows what happens to Barba - released or continues as super sub ?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Bird could well end up as Fullback - leaving Val on the wing - god knows what happens to Barba - released or continues as super sub ?

Val will own that spot by this time next year. Besides injury of course, I'd bet my sheep station on it.