What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do after that?

I don't really think there is much that can be done. It's just shuffling deck chairs. All of them are around the same ability. Mid range. Others are under mid range.
The only person I rate of our depth players is Tracey but I'm under no illusion he's any sort of star. The majority of the squad are all low quality first graders, individually none except moylan and graham are utterly useless but when you've got about 15 of them in the 1 squad and the star player is off his game this is what happens.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Problem is the majority are low quality first graders now all on decent money and long term contracts - who don’t have much hunger. If your well fed mentally, there ain’t a lot of incentive

Poss

Juniors
Craig in the presser admitted the edge defence is not good enough and that they boys “will be defending this week”.

was asked about the 12 points we scored and he said he was more upset about the D than the attack.

I do think the poor D is masking the poor attack against the good sides too. For a team that easily puts on 30+ against the poor sides, we struggle to put on 12+ against the top sides. This is also a lot to do with the defence and losing the battle of field position etc. but our attack does look a lot clunkier vs the top teams.

Cool

shaggs

Coach
How does the cap work?
1. Do you have to spend the entire amount?
2. If not, is there a percentage that can be unspent?
3. Is it possible we might have front loaded a stack of the current mob?

PJ

First Grade
Craig in the presser admitted the edge defence is not good enough and that they boys “will be defending this week”.

was asked about the 12 points we scored and he said he was more upset about the D than the attack.

I do think the poor D is masking the poor attack against the good sides too. For a team that easily puts on 30+ against the poor sides, we struggle to put on 12+ against the top sides. This is also a lot to do with the defence and losing the battle of field position etc. but our attack does look a lot clunkier vs the top teams.

Cool

Yes, they are the definition of flat track bullies. Everything smooth and well working against poor teams but any sort of competition and they are well off.

Frenzy.

Immortal
How does the cap work?
1. Nope, as long as you pay min wage to the bottom 4 players.
2. I don't believe so.
3. We are stupid so it is possible. Better than backending I suppose
4. I don't think we have 30 in the top squad yet. We have to fill that by August 1 I think

Don Tweddle

Juniors
How does the cap work?
Teams have to spend 95% of the cap:

Frailty

First Grade
Honestly, not sure I’ll bother watching the rest of the season. I’ve been very indifferent this season. I really didn’t get enjoyment the last few weeks because beating the crap teams really means nothing until they can beat decent teams.

If Teamlist Tuesday comes by and they’ve essentially named the same line up - that will cement not watching.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We have actually gone backwards in last 6 games, we all knew we would beat those bottom 3 teams.
We would have expected to win one of those games against top 8 but nothing zilch.
Those last 3 wins were going through motion Fitz learnt nothing and it was seen today

SadShark

Bench
Honestly, not sure I’ll bother watching the rest of the season. I’ve been very indifferent this season. I really didn’t get enjoyment the last few weeks because beating the crap teams really means nothing until they can beat decent teams.

If Teamlist Tuesday comes by and they’ve essentially named the same line up - that will cement not watching.
You won’t be on your Pat Malone.

Craigshark

First Grade

exactly my feelings. Extremely weird feeling about them this season. Feel like they may as well pack up and go to Bali now. They’re wasting everyone’s time. Switched off with over 20 minutes to go today. Been a longgg time since I’ve done anything like that.

Latest posts