What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What To Do With Wade?

Eion

First Grade
He can’t regularly start. Decent wage with a Fifita / Tolman type role

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I dead set came in to ask what about captain, well clearly he is out club captain.

But are we going Kurt of the NSW bench and captain.

Maybe he has a great off season and gives us all the bird, by playing great.

Will be a good coach I feel.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Is he doing a cam smith and just disappearing into the never never?

It’s weird if you ask me. Just make a call.

Quicksilver

Bench
He feels out of rhythm with the game more than anything.

Get him some dance lessons and he'll be near good as new.

cb4

First Grade
Can't see him leaving, I see him taking a squad filling role with us for a year before heading off. From memory, his wife can't go overseas for another year due to her visa.
I don't want him to start, that spot is now Teig's. Don't really want him off the bench either, he doesn't have the impact you need.
There is a spot for him, but it is 19th man, game day Captain, club Captain ect. Called upon when needed but not to contribute over the entire season.

SadShark

Bench
Hope he don’t. Was a great player for this club, no doubt. Now he’s cooked, 6-minutes on Medium-High. Done. If this club wants to maintain their “We Have No Killer Instinct” policy, then sign Wadeo as part of the playing group.

Same apples to playing Kennedy and Tracey next year. Those two rubber stamp no killer instinct. If ya gunna change the culture of the club Fitz, then start with not gifting blokes a spot that “try really, really hard”. I’ll see myself out and into the (reputable, legit) Thai Massage Centre.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I don't want him to start, that spot is now Teig's.
Yeah probably deserves his crack, done everything required to be given a shot, NSW/Aus schoolboys, premiership NSW cup, done his time off the bench, been impressive sometimes.

I remain not that impressed, tend to get cut in half and does not really hurt in D, but agree he deserves a shot. Has more experience another off season, might be his break out year, runs a good line.

I do however want to see Iro play left centre, he too has served, was NSW cup player of the year.

Maybe Teig starts and bring on Sifa.

Sifa to centre was a great, brave move and paid off for some time, think that has passed, Sifa has mad skills to be a backrower too.

Mulitano-Iro-Sifa-Moylan

sladden road

Juniors
Old mate Jards mate a good pint on a recent Sharkcast about how we treated Peachey. Let’s not do it to Wade.
a good culture and IMO the kind Fitz is trying to build has respect as well as ruthlessness in it.
Wade and Boyd Cordener are friends and play similar roles for their clubs.
We will treat Wade with that kind of respect , and that will make our club the kind of place players will come to if they want a place that builds over years.
TBH the chooks can and did flick players ..like Flanno..bahahaha.
But not club Stalwarts

carinashark

First Grade
Hope he don’t. Was a great player for this club, no doubt. Now he’s cooked, 6-minutes on Medium-High. Done. If this club wants to maintain their “We Have No Killer Instinct” policy, then sign Wadeo as part of the playing group.

Same apples to playing Kennedy and Tracey next year. Those two rubber stamp no killer instinct. If ya gunna change the culture of the club Fitz, then start with not gifting blokes a spot that “try really, really hard”. I’ll see myself out and into the (reputable, legit) Thai Massage Centre.
Well Sad ,I’m sad to say I agree with you. Connor and Will are two of my favourite players . But I don’t want to go into another final series with them. Add in Wade. BB is a machine but that position needs an attacking weapon.

bluefox68

Staff member
If Wade wants to be treated with respect, just accept a job as Sharks Assistant Coach - that’s respectful…

That attitude of ‘we can’t do something hurtful’ is why are destined to run 2nd (irony) forever. Unless…

Over to you, Fitz…

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Did the roosters respect Pearce ? Or did he leave after f**king that dog? I can’t remember

Weaponhead

Coach
Did the roosters respect Pearce ? Or did he leave after f**king that dog? I can’t remember
They chased the player who would win the comp for them (Cronk). Pearce could have stayed but saw the writing on the wall and left. It was ruthless business as Pearce had been there since he was a kid but Cronk won back to back comps with Easts so they see it as justified.

On Wade, the guy was an absolute weapon. At his peak, he had it all. It's a bit sad seeing what he has become. From all reports he is a good leader and is well respected. If he can accept a diminished role and salary then keep him as a transition to new leadership. How a club treats its champions says a lot about it's culture as Sladden has said above.

imasharkie

Coach
Can't see him leaving, I see him taking a squad filling role with us for a year before heading off. From memory, his wife can't go overseas for another year due to her visa.
I don't want him to start, that spot is now Teig's. Don't really want him off the bench either, he doesn't have the impact you need.
There is a spot for him, but it is 19th man, game day Captain, club Captain ect. Called upon when needed but not to contribute over the entire season.

definitely
agree on the Tieg point. He should be starting before Graham.

Latest posts