What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do. . .?

KK and MK had pretty good games and Joey G and Fui were the best forwards.
Inu, Cayless and Burt wouldn't make NRL at any other club based on thier form.
Image if Jamal Idris had of played and if Josh Morris didn't get injuried? they score could have been 70-18

fish eel

Immortal
I called our season as done after we lost to the Roosters.

Our squad just isnt good enough.

What to do?

Plan for 2010.

Work out who we want, who we dont and who we can bring in to strengthen the squad.

Anything above the bottom 4 is a good season this year.

Exactly Fish....I see we are trying but there just isn't enough class and cohesion to get us into the 8...too many sides are where they are now that we should have been at when Hagan came in.

Right the wrongs Parra.

HevyDevy

Coach
I'm baffled as to how a club could secure so many quality players yet ignore the key positions 1,6,7,9.

We all keep blaming Hayne, Inu, Cayless etc but what about those key positions? To be honest, our big names ARE actually trying to make a difference but we lack potency where it matters most.

The score today did not reflect the difference between the teams but merely the difference in attacking ability.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Yep, that's what I reckon too...

If his form is warranting a call up to open grade, then he should get it. DAa could have a word and say, prove to me you can do this this and this, and after that you'll get a shot.

Whats the point? With keating at halfback, we don't lack the creativity just finishing off the play.

That plus the defence. If we get that right we can atleast get a mid table spot. otherwise, its the spoon.

El Diablo

Post Whore
it was over before it began

there are some overpaid duds in this team and unfortunately they will remain there for a few years

Last edited:
Hevydevy, make Hayne 1 that will solve one, wasn't that bad today with the ball in his hands. Mateo or KK at 6, Mortimer at 7 when ready, MK at 9. Support play was terrible today every break that was made there was no one to support every break the Dogs made they had 2 support players backing up. Burt used to be great at that and before him Hodgson. Hayne when he was FB in late 2007 scored a heap of tries backing up breaks, remember that game in the last round v Brisbane?
But the major problem is go forward, Cayless is past it, Oake is too small, Lowrie is not a 1st grader and Ben smith is not a back rower.

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
Exactly Fish....I see we are trying but there just isn't enough class and cohesion to get us into the 8...too many sides are where they are now that we should have been at when Hagan came in.

Right the wrongs Parra.

Yeah, most sides have moved forward from where they finished last season.

We've gone backwards.

I'm baffled as to how a club could secure so many quality players yet ignore the key positions 1,6,7,9.

We all keep blaming Hayne, Inu, Cayless etc but what about those key positions? To be honest, our big names ARE actually trying to make a difference but we lack potency where it matters most.

I dont know we have that many quality players?

I've said before, our squad is full of players who are either past their best, have shown in past seasons glimpses of brilliance but are really yet to produce reguarly, or guys that are either average first graders or unproven. We don't have much.

The score today did not reflect the difference between the teams but merely the difference in attacking ability.

I dont think some of the Bulldogs tries had much to do with their attacking ability, rather, our poor defence.

Fathead

Bench
Some points.
1. The rest of the team should collectively hand their cheques to Fui Fui.
2. If Morris hadnt been injured we would have had 80 put on us.
3. I know that Grothe went off injured but is Big Bad Benny Smith the slowest player on the field or what ?
4. Why did robson play at all ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Couldn't half tell Hindy didn't play, defence was f**king disgraceful. How did anyone expect to win with a backrow of Smith,Oake and Tood. Throw in the King of Sting and it's one of the worst we have fielded in ages.

Fathead

Bench
Had Luke Burt ever stopped a player running at him who has broken the line ? Just wondering....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well there has to be some changes, but I dont know if Anderson will, perhaps the players he would replace them with arent going so well in NSW Cup or Toyota Cup. It seems if he drops someone we dont improve or we get worse.

I dont know, maybe we should give Cordoba and Wright another chance, or even Latimore and Horo. Might as well bring on these young guys see how they go.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Just a quick note to all Parra supporters. Stop looking towards 2010!!! The season is early and we may not make the finals but why give up now, the players certainly have to play out the rest of the season so as Parra supporters, we have to do the same thing. I don't remember in the history of the game any team losing a season after round 6. Bloody hell, didn't Jason Taylor coach us back into the top 8 well intot he season.

As I say often, don't jump on the wagon when everything is good, either stay or leave. Trust me when glory finally arrives, it's all so much sweeter when you stuck in for the whole ride. Nothing worse than a fan who jumps on board when everything is rosy and loves to live it up.

Hames

Juniors
Everyone new this would be a re building year.

We need to look at what we have at the moment. DA would be doing the same.

i think the team for next week should be:

1. K. Inu
2. L. Burt
3. J. Reddy
4. ?????
5. E. Grothe
6. J. Hayne
7. KK
8. N. Cayless
9. M. Keating
10. Fui
11. N. Hindmarsh