What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What went click?

Kornstar

Coach
Seriously, we were gone after 15 minutes....16-6, then BOOM!!!

What turned it???? Seriously, it was amazing!

Eelementary

Post Whore
In my humble opinion, it was two things:

* I feel they were properly motivated; they realised we had to win, or else we'd be in a pretty precarious position.

* Our forwards, who have come under fire recently for not putting in, had one of the finest displays of the season - they rolled their sleeves up, did the ugly, unflashy, necessary stuff...And we paid the dividends. It gave our electric backline space and time to make inroads.

sportsmad

Juniors
the bombed try was a massive let off, perhaps the final kick up the backside they needed to realise if they want to win this comp, then they're going to have to play bloody well.
and play bloody well they did :clap:

my hands are sore from clapping all afternoon :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Someone must've said something out there, when we were behind, to get things on track.

Would love to know who...

Clarkieel

Juniors
its simple I called cayless on the shoe phone and told him to fire up and he listened!!

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Eelementary said:
In my humble opinion, it was two things:

* I feel they were properly motivated; they realised we had to win, or else we'd be in a pretty precarious position.

* Our forwards, who have come under fire recently for not putting in, had one of the finest displays of the season - they rolled their sleeves up, did the ugly, unflashy, necessary stuff...And we paid the dividends. It gave our electric backline space and time to make inroads.

i personally thought when hodges went off they were f**ked.

And also that they had 6 of there best first graders out!

yeah we won, but f**k wake up its not like we put 68 points on melbourne or manly.

FFS

Eelementary

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:

yeah we won, but f**k wake up its not like we put 68 points on melbourne or manly.

FFS

Yeah I thought that too. Hodges was carving up and his loss hurt them bad.

About the 68 points...Who cares? You can only play the team in front of you. And everyone's climaxing over Melbourne's destruction of the Titans. At least we thumped the reigning Premiers.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
jayjayselmes said:

FFS

How many times does a side put on 68 points against a side with SOO reps and internationals throughout?

It's a f**king rare, and who gives a sh*t.

Eelectrica

Referee
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Now, now keep yourselves grounded Eels. Don't get too excitied...yet ;)
You're right. Parra has to try and stay grounded and not let this go their heads. Hindy had the right attitude in the post match interview he did for the ABC radio. But everyone in the team has to refocus and realise it all begins again on Friday.

Today injuries didn't help the Broncos, but that stuff happens from time to time and teams shouldn't get destroyed like that.

jayjayselmes said:

FFS
when was the last time the eels really went on with the job in the second half?
for that matter when was the last time the eels won a game under pressure?
yeah hodges was a huge blow for the broncos so was carroll when he went off but don't forget we had a 3 game losing streak coming into this game and at 16-6 were staring down the barrell of sudden death against manly or melbourne next week

PARRA_FAN

Coach
thats gotta be one of the biggest turnarounds in history.

I seriously thought it was same old same old when it was 16-6, then just before they bombed the try I thought goooornee, then he knocked it on, we were a chance.

More than a chance, 16-6 behind to 34-16 at halftime.

They mustve put a rocket up their @rse or something.

Hayne was brilliant,

I just could not imagine scoring 68 points by the way we've been playing these past weeks, especially against Brisbane. Wasnt our biggest win over them prior to this game, 16 points.

Now we've equalled the record for the heaviest defeat against them but its also the highest score conceded.

Another thing was if Tahu had've kicked that goal, Parramatta wouldve been the only team to score 70+ in a game, twice.

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Emmett drop ball was crucial, how did he drop that again. Hodges was a big loss too!! Geez he has been playing some good footy in the last 2 years.

Hayne was brilliant fir us!!