What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would everyone consider a disappointing result this season?

SEAT 1A

Bench
I have it on very good authority from a family friend that Jack Bird is loving life back at the Dragons. He’ll always be proud of being part of Cronulla’s maiden premiership team but he was also equally happy to leave for the Broncos with the hope of another premiership under Bennett. Obviously that didn’t pan out and even besides his injuries he hated his time in Brisbane.

He’s stoked for a fresh start at his junior club. He’s been doing everything that’s been asked of him rehabing his knee & is training well. With the youth of the club he definitely sees the potential of another premiership & even at this early stage he’d like to extend in ‘23 to be a part of it.

At this stage it’s not anticipated he’ll play any trails, it’s not worth the risk but he is on track for round one off the bench.

Depending on his fitness Hook wants him to play Lock, apparently no decision yet on who’ll be the starting 13, Fuimaono,, Merrin, Lawrie & Faamausili all in the mix.

Interesting piece of gossip apparently Norman isn’t exactly training the house down and Jack is eyeing the 6 jersey... nothing official just Jack’s opinion.

In a honesty session Jack wants to play every club game and return to Origin.

Just a quick question Maddragon99 if you can.

What's the vibe with Jack,

It great news it's all positive regarding Jack for his wellbeing both on and off the field however, is it driven by Hook, the players as a group or he out of the disappointing time with BNE.

Thanks in advance.

On the results of the year.

Finish in the top 8 a it's post Mary.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Your bordering on McPriorCoach expectations there :wink::grin::laughing:
You should be taking the Bellamy approach and be disappointed if 1 try is scored against us and then go on to say that person that was at fault hopefully will be dropped.
Sorry I stand corrected.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I wonder how Gus Gould will treat us in commentary this year given he's a Dragons fan but not a big fan of Hook to put it mildly. If we don't perform well he'll probably use it as an excuse to take a few shots at Hook. Let's just hope he doesn't ride us all year because it could affect some player's confidence.
He will definitely death ride us, even if we are leading the comp, he will go on and on about how we will run out of steam blah blah blah.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Saints can finish 7th - 10th. Anything below 10th would be a bad result. Hook has 2 years to prove himself and should not be given any extensions unless he makes significant improvements to the squad in 2 years. I hope the club have learnt from past mistakes and don't think of extending contracts after 5 good wins early in the season.

St Tangles

Bench
I would be disappointed if we don't blood our juniors

I want Ford, Sullivan, Ramsay & Max Fegai to get a good run in the top grade

I'm not expecting a ladder finish above 10th

I want to see us make the right decisions re recruitment and build for 22 onwards

Walpole

Juniors
We've bought a bloke prone to injury who was good 5 years ago and reserve grade forwards from Parra and the Roosters, looks like we're getting rid of our captain and best player and we want to buy the most divisive mug in any code in Australia.

So through that lens, I'll only be disappointed if we get kicked out and Redcliffe take our spot.

Crush

Coach
We've bought a bloke prone to injury who was good 5 years ago and reserve grade forwards from Parra and the Roosters, looks like we're getting rid of our captain and best player and we want to buy the most divisive mug in any code in Australia.

So through that lens, I'll only be disappointed if we get kicked out and Redcliffe take our spot.
Pretty much this unfortunately.....