What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

... What!!! ...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Don't feel too bad Broncos fans, at least you've been competitive in every game you've played. If there's any justice in the world of NRL you'll roll the Roosters on friday.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What makes matters worse for Boyd is that you can clearly see on both of the replays of the tries he let in on the wing, that he is either standing flat footed or just walking up in the defensive line before coming in off his wing and not marking his opposite. There was no desperation in his defensive play and it was clear for all to see when he mearly flopped a boot at the ball in the dying seconds for Wesser to dive upon. A better player would have dived for that ball, putting his body on the line, but most likely saving the try. Make no mistake, the footage is definitely not flattering for Darius.

He seriously needs a visit with Bennett's steel caps and a few weeks in reserve grade. I put most of the blame for that loss squarely on his shoulders. Had he been able to mark up on the line and tackle his man rather than going after Tate's, he may have saved two tries. And had he not been running backwards and punted the ball into the arms of Wesser, he definitely would not have let in the final try. Sure there were handling errors and passes not quite connecting, but pretty much every time they attacked the Panthers' line they found a way through, and that kind of play, matched with their defensive prowess displayed last season, almost always leads to a win. Boyd is not the man to have on that wing, or even in the side until he can display some credible defensive qualities. If he is named this week, I'll be astonished.

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
They should/could have beaten the Cowboys and likewise with the Panthers.
In your opinion,while I'll agree that the game was on even par,we were the better team in the end,we were fitter and faster.

Whether it was because of WCC or what not,I think you guys appear not as fit,like you're still pretty tired from the activities of the off season and will take a little while to start up.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
penrith didnt win that game the broncos lost it. the last two tries came from our mistakes as opposed to any brilliance on the panthers part.

boyd has always looked shaky on the wing but tate doesnt exactly help. tates a far better winger then he is a centre. not sure how tupous going but you'd think he deserves a chance and let boyd practice tackling in the qld cup.

Charlie124

First Grade
Im hoping Bennett is stubborn and sticks with Boyd, lol.

although 17 Darius Boyds could probably still beat the roosters this weekend.

Big Pete

Referee
Cowgirl86 said:
In your opinion,while I'll agree that the game was on even par,we were the better team in the end,we were fitter and faster.

Whether it was because of WCC or what not,I think you guys appear not as fit,like you're still pretty tired from the activities of the off season and will take a little while to start up.

What Saab I think is saying was that we had every right to win that match, but we let ourselves down. We dropped two chances and it pretty much lead to the brilliance of Bowen.

Against Panthers, nuff said, we had that match won with 77 minutes gone and then we fooled around and paid the ultimate penalty.

WCC maybe to blame but I also think none of our key players have played too much together and there is some players that need to be dropped or moved. E.g. Tate and Boyd.

Honestly I hope today Bennett makes a few changes, drop Boyd and possibly Tate, bring in Emment and Tupou. Stagg should be back this week too, however I'd probably let him play for Aspley, he' be fairly rusty, he'd be a boost against the Titains though.

pantherz9103

First Grade
No team has won the comp after starting the season 0 and 3 and it looks like that trend will continue.

Chux

Juniors
I was pretty impressed by both the Bronco's brain explasions in the final five minute's, as well as the Panthers ability to take full advantage of it.

That said, I love nothing more than a slaughtering of the Roosters and think the Bronc's likely to do just that on Friday night. Just a shame it's on so late!!!

Big Pete

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
No team has won the comp after starting the season 0 and 3 and it looks like that trend will continue.

And history says a lot of things. Is it always right?

Latest posts