What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats going on?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lot of finger pointing at the moment and names like Anderson being thrown around again...... honestly I don't think replacing the coach is the right decision because we need to move forward and really given Anderson's recruitment policies weren't much better than Hagan's I'd question the reason why any one would want him back anyway?

Horrible situation we are in at the moment but over the past few years we have changed coaches and the board yet we still see some of the same faces in the starting lineup.... I found a comment by Matthew Johns, who I don't really listen o all that much but this one was interesting - "the senior players at Parramatta are like Teflon.... nothing sticks" and unfortunatey as time goes on I am beginning to think he may well be right.
He was spot on, looks like they will go through another coach.Sooner or later the buck has to stop with the players. Look at the outcry when they dropped Burt. A guy who would have been playing reserve grade at most other clubs the last couple of years.

phantom eel

First Grade
The players are just waiting for a coach that can take them up a notch and get the best out of them. That can get them gelling together, playing for each other, and playing with pride. They need to be individually responsible, but teh buck doesn't stop just with them, a coach has to add value....

Kearney just obviously isn't up to it, if this is the shit we are dishing up in rounds 3 and 4.

cv8z

Juniors
The players are just waiting for a coach that can take them up a notch and get the best out of them. That can get them gelling together, playing for each other, and playing with pride. They need to be individually responsible, but teh buck doesn't stop just with them, a coach has to add value....

Kearney just obviously isn't up to it, if this is the shit we are dishing up in rounds 3 and 4.

Everyone is responsible
They're all supposed professionals and are paid accordingly
They need to put the guys on some sort of $ for a win and $ for a loss system

Eels Dude

Coach
I've attended some games where we've got flogged before. But out all of the games I've ever attended this was probably the most disappointing performance I've seen. The guys sitting in front of me were booing the players. It was a disgraceful effort tonight.

Lewis

Juniors
Why does their favorite son not do something with them? It is obvious he has a great football brain, and is willing to offer advice in commentary but not willing to part with the dollars and lifestyle to help his club.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why does their favorite son not do something with them? It is obvious he has a great football brain, and is willing to offer advice in commentary but not willing to part with the dollars and lifestyle to help his club.

Sterlo's happy living up at the central coast. He'll travel up to Sydney a couple of days a week for big cash to call games or other TV appearances, but family is more important, and rightfully so too.

Bigfella

Coach
I had really hoped Anderson would start the cleanout when he came. He did it with finch which I loved hi
For but didn't follow through.

After all Bennett came to dragons and let ryles go because he was on massive money. Possibly Barrett too from memory?

It took a couple of years but the joint toughened up. They won a comp too.

There has been talk of a divide between the senior and junior players in the past.

It meant that the promising breed like the mateos and inus didn't flourish and got moved on while we continued providing a pension plan to a few blokes.

That mentality has to end.

What i don't understand is that many fans still regard some of those blokes as untouchable and a coach who has been here a year and a bit should go even though we are still showing symptoms that have been here for ten years or so.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I had really hoped Anderson would start the cleanout when he came. He did it with finch which I loved hi
For but didn't follow through.

After all Bennett came to dragons and let ryles go because he was on massive money. Possibly Barrett too from memory?

It took a couple of years but the joint toughened up. They won a comp too.

There has been talk of a divide between the senior and junior players in the past.

It meant that the promising breed like the mateos and inus didn't flourish and got moved on while we continued providing a pension plan to a few blokes.

That mentality has to end.

What i don't understand is that many fans still regard some of those blokes as untouchable and a coach who has been here a year and a bit should go even though we are still showing symptoms that have been here for ten years or so.
Agree 100% I even started a thread about those senior players.

Springs

First Grade
It's all the coaches fault, i just hope none of this blows back on the players :roll:

Players have already been moved on or dropped. The players replacing them hailed as saviours have been worse. Coach drops players they still play like shit. Coach brings in players and they play like shit. But no, the coach tasked with getting the most out of the players he has, the players he recruits and the team he picks shouldn't shoulder any of the responsibility at all. :roll:

If you haven't noticed there isn't one player in the team that hasn't been criticised this year but for some reason some fans think the coach is above criticism.

And now mateo and inu were 'flourishing breeds'? You couldn't find a fan who didn't think they were lazy. They all said good riddance.

Latest posts