What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Matua

Bench
It is low effort, from the acting, writing to the cinematography

it's a pile of shit, no wonder you like it
You're an odd ball, it's getting far more positive reviews (from critics and the general public alike) than negative. Keep it edgy dude.

Smack

Coach
You're an odd ball, it's getting far more positive reviews (from critics and the general public alike) than negative. Keep it edgy dude.

yeahh duuude edgy cause you don't like what I like duuude

go f**k yourself, clown

Xcalibre

Juniors
Watched Uncut Gems last night. Overall I’d give it 3.5/5. The story was fairly good, but I didn’t think Sandler was as good as the hype made out. He was fine, but not as food as in Punch Drunk Love.

I found most of it to be stress/anxiety inducing but suppose that’s the point and at least it provokes an emotional response.

Watching the first episode of Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates and am enjoying it very much. It’s a fascinating look into his upbringing and his innovations.

The first episode intertwines things from his childhood and also focuses on Bill and Melinda’s foundation’s pursuit of a solution to the third world’s sanitation problem, which kills hundreds of thousands of kids every year. A shocking fact, that they are trying to alleviate.

These types of shows can often be too fact-based to be entertaining but this is very interesting with all the talk about how Bill works on these issues since leaving Microsoft, and how the various experts in industry are trying to solve the sanitation problem.

I found the first episode to be very satisfying and look forward to watching more. Bill and his wife and partner Melinda are amazing people and are doing brilliant things to help the planet. Very inspiring.

Pommy

Coach
I’ve seen it before but I’ve just watched it again, Derek is one of the most underrated TV shows ever.
Anyone who says it’s comedy at the expense of the disabled is an utter half wit.

PJ

First Grade
Enjoyed Killer Inisde the mind of Aaron Hernandez. Interesting story.

The Pharmacist. 7. Could have been better, main guy was a bit annoying, but interesting look at the opiod situation in the US.

I think earlier in this thread I said I enjoyed the first episode of Dracula. Second was OK, Third had potential but the ending was just rubbish.

Sex Education 8. If you liked the first season then this more of the same.

Life's Good

Coach
It may have been mentioned but a 4 part show called - When they see us. Based on a real life sex attack of a jogger in New York in the mid 80’s & how the police handled the investigation(I don’t want to spoil it so will leave it at that).
A great insight into the (in)justice system in America, specifically in relation to African Americans.
The subsequent Oprah special with those involved is really raw and emotional.

Eelementary

Post Whore
personally thought it lost its way a bit in the last two or so episodes but overall a very good series and yes does grab you immediately

I do agree - I felt the last episode, in particular, was a bit flat, in comparison to the rest of the series.

But the rest of it was brilliantly done - I was instantly hooker, wanting to know what was going on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Finally finished Bojack Horseman, had been Dragging the last series out as I didn’t want it to end

Man what a show, hard to believe a cartoon can give you every range of emotions. I hope however cancelled it gets corona, Ebola and aids

Misanthrope

Staff member
Finally finished Bojack Horseman, had been Dragging the last series out as I didn’t want it to end

Man what a show, hard to believe a cartoon can give you every range of emotions. I hope however cancelled it gets corona, Ebola and aids

Wasn't it a creative decision?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

Few shows ive finished has left that sort of affect on me, was definately a rollercoaster.

I think it was a creative decision. Makes sense as i cant see where it would go whilst being at the same quality. Open ti a todd spinoff though

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The formula one doco series is a good watch, interesting peak into the management side of things. Just have to get past looking riccardos gigantic schnoz

Latest posts