What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

mongoose

Coach
1899 - only 3 eps in and I don't know whats going on... seems like Lost, but set on a ship in 1899...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wednesday reminds of my daughter before she saw Justin Timberwolf.

Could cut me in half with a few choice words and a look.

I still hate Timberwolf, can sing, act, roots a hot chick, is great at golf...canrt.

Wednesday 5 stars!

Munky

Coach
Been watching K Drama on Netflix.

Really refreshing to watch something that feels different.

Enjoyed The Glory, however My Name is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Awesome story, characters and action. Closest comparison is The Departed.

mongoose

Coach
Finished The Watcher - I'm pretty sure I listened to a podcast about the real event years ago and it was believed the father was sending all the letters. The show is full of twists and wacky characters and presents a pretty good mystery.

Munky

Coach
Ep 1 of the Last of Us is very good.

The Chernobyl dude is very good at selling existential dread from an expert to an on screen layman audience.

John Hanna was awesome in the prologue.

Also Big Head.

Apey

Staff member
I finished watching Bojack Horseman last night. Great show but also very depressing, I was expecting it to get less depressing as it wrapped up but nope I think it got worse.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I finished watching Bojack Horseman last night. Great show but also very depressing, I was expecting it to get less depressing as it wrapped up but nope I think it got worse.
the funeral episode would be one of my favourites, just smashes her to absolute pieces in one of the best roastings ive ever heard

This is available on Disney+. I've watched the first 8 episodes (there are 10 in all) but it is a very good documentary series tracing the LA Lakers from when Dr Jerry Buss bought them in 1979 right up to almost the present day -

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Cunk on Earth.

This cracks me up, I feel like I am watching my daughter explain history.

Probably not for everyone, but tickles my funnybone.

Munky

Coach
Anyone watching Daisy Jones and the Six on Amazon?

Essentially Almost Famous with a bit of Behind The Music mixed in. Band inspiration seems to be more Fleetwood Mac than Lynard Skynard.

First three eps were quite good.

PJ

First Grade
Yeah it wasn’t the best, the last half was just stupid.
There were so many ludicrous plot points, but the wife and I both moaned oh FFS when in the middle of a Nordic winter they just happen to have to guys in full SCUBA gear to jump out of a helicopter.

It was very disapointing.