What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Watching a show called Barbarians.
Very good so far, 3 episodes in.
I think it's only 1 season with only 6 episodes so I'll be done by the weekend.

I love shows like this, Sparatacus, Last Kingdom, Vikings etc
The last episode of the Battle of Teutoburg Forest was brilliant.

shiznit

Coach
Trying to get through Witcher season 2... what a boring mess
Yeah right… I’m exactly the same…

admittedly I’m only 2 episodes in but i watched the first season so long ago I’m struggling to stay interested in this one.

it’s strange because i remember season being hyped AF at the end of the first season…

I honestly think the 2yr gap between seasons has just railroaded any momentum it had after S1.

I think the gap was pandemic related which sucks… but I seriously can’t be f**ked going back through S1 again…

maybe Netflix should have recognised that extended gap and put in a more thorough recap clip other than the 3min one they did.

mongoose

Coach
Yeah right… I’m exactly the same…

admittedly I’m only 2 episodes in but i watched the first season so long ago I’m struggling to stay interested in this one.

it’s strange because i remember season being hyped AF at the end of the first season…

I honestly think the 2yr gap between seasons has just railroaded any momentum it had after S1.

I think the gap was pandemic related which sucks… but I seriously can’t be f**ked going back through S1 again…

maybe Netflix should have recognised that extended gap and put in a more thorough recap clip other than the 3min one they did.

I had issues with S1 but overall it was decent and I was excited for S2 when it finished. This season just feels like they are making it up as they go along.

Generalzod

Immortal
I think covid affected the production of season 2 that's why it took along time to release, I waited all year for it and we got this pile of shit, this show cured by Insomnia...lol
I had issues with S1 but overall it was decent and I was excited for S2 when it finished. This season just feels like they are making it up as they go along.

mongoose

Coach
i'm amazed at how popular it is although looking on imdb there is a flood of negative user reviews coming in (thank goodness). Feels like it's trying to be GOT and doing a really bad job of it because the dialogue is either boring, cliched or both. Too many characters, many of whom seem pointless. The plot just seemed aimless and there is no clear antagonist who is a threat to the world or the Witcher. I'm constantly playing with my phone or going to the fridge while watching this season which is always a bad sign....

shiznit

Coach
Im really enjoying S2 of The Witcher, not sure what issue you fellas have with it
I mean there’s a few weird story issues… the fact that Geralt doesn’t find out about Yen being alive until about 5/6 episodes in despite Triss literally living with them for weeks in the Witchers castle place… Then there’s the heap of stuff that just bogs the story down which just aren’t necessary in the grand scheme of the story.

Latest posts