What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's our chances this week?

What's our chances this week ?any body confident of an upset?I expect our forwards to hold there own but our backs to let us down again!hopefully i am wrong!

Well if the forwards play like they did against the Storm, who knows?

My bold below, lets hope he backs up his talk !!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...son/story-fn2mcuj6-1226628772281#.UXd6cKJTCSo

Curtis Sironen is on a mission to play Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall out of his No.6 jersey, saying he isn't content with being a stopgap solution.

Gun teenager Sironen will run out at pivot for the second straight game against Brisbane on Saturday, with Marshall (toe) still sidelined by injury.

With veteran Braith Anasta (groin) also unavailable, Tim Moltzen has been switched to halfback with talented youngster James Tedesco slipping into his No.1 jersey.

But Sironen isn't content with a temporary place in coach Mick Potter's revamped side - with Marshall and Anasta expected to be sidelined for at least the next fortnight.

"I'm not just here to hang around till they come back," Sironen said on Wednesday.

"I'm looking to cement a spot - be it in the halves or wherever Mick wants to play me.

"I'll put my hand up again.

"Realistically, I have to try and play them out of position.

"There's a lot of competition for spots in the halves here, which is good. It makes you have to perform every week.

"I'm happy to be playing in the No.6, it's where I feel most comfortable at the moment."

Sironen, the son of former Balmain Tigers great Paul Sironen, was riding high after an impressive performance in last round's 13-12 loss to St George Illawarra - his first NRL match this year following shoulder surgery.

"I took a bit of confidence out of the Dragons game, even though we got pipped at the post there," he said.

"I got an early touch, a few early runs and poked my head through a few times.

"I'm more of a ball-runner so just getting my hands on the ball and getting tackled early gives me confidence throughout the rest of the game.

"I'll be looking to do that again."

Moltzen said he was looking forward to working with Sironen in the halves, with Potter keen for the pair to be vocal in steering the team around the park.

While the 24-year-old said he would prefer to stay at halfback, he was just out to command a spot in the team.

"I came to the club as halfback and I've sort of been thrust in and out of the position for a few years now," he said.

"If Teddy does a great job there (at fullback) for us and I'm going alright at halfback then hopefully not too much has to change.

"We'll just take it as it comes and hopefully I can keep a spot in the team."

macnaz

Staff member
I think our chances are good. Especialy if the home ground gives us a fair go with the ref calls, i think we have copped a canning so far this year.

Tigersmurf

Juniors
No silly penalties and be in their face all game. That is our chance. At the moment we are not scoring enough points in a game to win, and we let in too many in the last 15 minutes.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Even Moltz wants to be halfback.

Yeah but he has also stated in the past that he thinks fullback is his best position. I think he knows Tedesco is likely to be handed the number 1 jersey permanently sooner rather than later so he is staying he wants to be a halfback now because he sees it as his best chance of holding down a position in first grade.

deemac77

Juniors
Young Sironen is a GUN? WOW!!

I dont give us much chance, Broncos are playing some pretty good football.

Their forward pack is so big and mobile compared to our small and weak pack.

Too much class in the backs also will put the Broncos in the box seat and ill be on them 13+

Young Sirro has to step up and take control,he has potenial and ability
but these qualities are worthless if he doesn't get involved.Sooner or later he has to emerge from his fathers shadow to warrant a start in the top grade.

super_coach

First Grade
After seeing Manly vrs Souths last night,I know why we are down the bottom.We play at half the pace,power and intensity.Injuries aside we are so far off the pace it is not funny

Bronks in a canter

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Our halves this week concern me. There is no creativity or kicking game. Both Sironen and Moltzen are ball runners. They don't have kicking or passing games suited to run a team around the park.

Like always, it will be up to Farah to supply all of the invention, it is a lot to ask of one player as good as he is.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen Miller at 7 with Moltzen at 6 and Sironen in the centres. I think this would be a better balance for the side without Anasta and Marshall. You may argue Miller has had his chance and failed but he is a natural 7 with a kicking game and I still think has something to offer.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Young Sironen is a GUN? WOW!!

I dont give us much chance, Broncos are playing some pretty good football.

Their forward pack is so big and mobile compared to our small and weak pack.

Too much class in the backs also will put the Broncos in the box seat and ill be on them 13+

Suck sh!t d!ckhead. I've seen you mention 13+ in a few different threads. Serves you right for being such a sh!t fan. You doing your arse on that bet is the only thing that went right tonight.

As expected we will have another halves combo next week along with a new centre pairing,starting to wonder if this injury toll will ever cease !

I heard them discussing on the radio, after the game, playing Brooks next week at 7. Someone emailed to say that the Tigers can't afford to play him because they'd go over the salary cap.

Have no idea if that is correct but if it is, it might mean Miller being given a go.

Simona crossed for 2 today on NSW Cup so there's 1 centre.

I for 1 just hope that we don't go back to the old days and play Farah at 7 and Fulton in the centres. Happy if it's Simona and Bodene Thompson in the centres and Miller at 7 but if Koroibete was OK to play it could mean Simona and Reddy in the centres and Utai and Koroibete on the wings.