What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats raiders 07 line up ?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Everyone has their own theories. Mine shapes up like this.

1. Bronx Goodwin
2. Colin Best
3. Phil Graham
4. David Howell
5. Adrian Purtell
6. Todd Carney
7. Michael Dobson
8. Michael Weyman
9. Lincoln Withers
10. Troy Thompson
11. TLL
12. Neville Costigan
13. Alan Tongue (c)

14. Matt Bickerstaff
15. William Zillman
16. Dane Tilse
17. Glen Turner

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The Forwards are really tough to pick. I only put Zillman on the bench because I think that may be what happens to work out his most effective postion in first grade.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I find it impossible to predict make up of forwards. Guys like Thurling and Miller will also come in to contention. Let's not forget Costigan has not played a lot of top grade in a starting position. Wouldn't mind betting the more experienced guys like Turner and Bickerstaff (has he signed?) get first bite. Would love to see Miller and Thurling in the same pack.

"Wigan Warriors can today confirm the signing of scrum half Michael Dobson until the end of the season.

Dobson joins Wigan after a successful spell with Catalans Dragons and the 19-year-old goes straight into the squad for Saturday's clash against St Helens here at the JJB Stadium."

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Latest News
06/09/2006

Dobson is Kicking King

Michael Dobson currently sits at the top of world goal kickers with an incredible 87% success rate with the boot.

Dobson's success rate makes him the number one kicker in world rugby league ahead of Bulldogs star Hazen El Masri (84%), St Helens Jamie Lyon (81%) and Andrew Johns (80%).

Dobson has kicked 47 goals since joining the Warriors on loan from Catalans Dragons in May, and his hattrick of tries on Friday against Bradford has cemented him at the top of the clubs point scorers list with 106 points.

The little scrum half will return to Canberra at the end of the season and is therefore set to play his last game in a Warriors jersey when Wigan take on Hull FC at the JJB Stadium on Friday 15th September.

www.wiganwarriors.com

Also, adding to that kicking record Dobson kicked another 5/5 yesterday against Harlequins, all those kicks were under pressure as Wigan had to come back from 31 - 12 down. Harlequins won that game 31 - 30, a Mark McLinden field goal making the difference.

julian87

Juniors
1 William ZILLMAN
2 Colin BEST
3 Phil GRAHAM
4 Steve IRWIN/Craig FRAWLEY
5 David HOWELL
6 Todd CARNEY
7 Michael DOBSON
8 Scott LOGAN
9 Lincoln WITHERS
10 Troy THOMPSON
11 Neville COSTIGAN
12 Glenn TURNER
13 Alan TONGUE

14 Andrew DUNEMANN
15 Michael WEYMAN
16 Marshall CHALK
17 Matt BICKERSTAFF
18 Josh MILLER

19 Thom LEAROYD LAHRS
20 Trevor THURLING
21 Terry CAMPESE
22 Jason WILLIAMS
23 Alan ROTHERY
24 Craig FRAWLEY/Steve IRWIN
25 Adrian PURTELL

I think this should be the full time squad. IMO Jones and Tilse are nuffies.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
parramatta_eels_123 said:
whats raiders 07 line up ?
Well, I think you would be best served asking Neil Henry that question :)

However, I will put down my preferred 17 (with musts in red):

1. Zillman
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Frawley
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. TLL (when he returns)
12. Costigan
13. Tongue

14. Weyman
15. Thurling
16. Miller
17. Bickerstaff

If we were rating these players out of 100, then I'm sure that most of them would only get around the 70 mark if the Sydney media were responsible. However, I feel that this will improve next year with some electrifying performances driven by Carney and Zillman.

aussies1st

Staff member
1. Zillman
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Frawley/Purtell
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. Miller
12. Costigan
13. Tongue

14. Weyman
15. Thurling
16. Chalk
17. Bickerstaff

raidz3r

Juniors
I think it's time for us to bite the bullet next year with Weyman. He is not getting any better running off the bench, he needs to start, he is the best prop we have and needs to build more confidence in his game.

As for Tilse, i dont care how big he is, if he isnt willing to put his body on the line next year and improve his game then there is a spot for him in PL. We have plenty of guys who can do more damage upfront. ie. Miller or Thurling..both whom try there guts out.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i honestly believe zilly goes better in the halves.

his positional play at fullback isnt up to scratch imo.

goodwin for 07 fullback!

aussies1st

Staff member
He could always fix up his positional problem in the off season. I would like Zillman in the halves but don't think a Carney and Zillman combo would go to well thus Dobson needs to get the halfback spot.

Can't really leave a talent like Zillman on the bench so I would put him at fullback. But he could always play centre. A number of 5/8 have started out there.

Timbo

Staff member
julian87 said:
I think this should be the full time squad. IMO Jones and Tilse are nuffies.

After Schif, Carney and Tongue, he was our highest Dally M point getter.