What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats raiders 07 line up ?

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
aussies1st said:
1. Zillman
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Frawley/Purtell
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. Miller
12. Costigan
13. Tongue

14. Weyman
15. Thurling
16. Chalk
17. Bickerstaff

Yeah i like the back line but i agree Tilse is a nuffie...its a pretty good team next year IMO

Timbo

Staff member
IMO:

1-W.Zillman
2-B.Goodwin
3-D.Howell
4-P.Graham
5-C.Best
6-T.Carney
7-M.Dobson (gk)
8-D.Tilse
9-L.Withers
10-M.Weyman
11-T.Learoyd-Lahrs
12-N.Costigan
13-A.Tongue (c)

14-M.Bickerstaff
15-S.Logan
16-J.Miller
17-T.Thurling

---------------------

I've done this a million times now and I doubt any one team is the same. And the countless times I do it over the summer (well not countless-I doubt I'll be posting much here for the next 6 months I'll be in the cricket forum) I'll probably have massive differences from this one too.

It's too hard to call at this stage. Hell, even creating a 25 man squad is too hard at this stage.

cooba

Juniors
Goodwin has to be fullback-he will be a first grade sensation.

1-B.Goodwin
2-C. Frawley
3-D.Howell
4-P.Graham
5-C.Best
6-T.Carney
7-M.Dobson (gk)
8-D.Tilse
9-L.Withers
10-M.Weyman
11-T.Learoyd-Lahrs
12-N.Costigan
13-A.Tongue (c)

14-M.Bickerstaff
15-W.Zillman
16-J.Miller
17-T.Thurling

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Tilse has huge potential, he just needs to bulk up a bit and run with a bit more confidence. He could become a willie mason style player.

jed

First Grade
1. Goodwin
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Frawley
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. Leahroyd-Lars
12. Costigan
13. Tongue

14. Zillman
15. Miller
16. Thurling
17. Weyman

Considering there's still Chalk, Bickerstaff, Logan, Dunneman and Irwin not even in this squad, plus all the fringe players, I think we're looking good for 2007.

Lime_Green

Juniors
1. Bronx Goodwin (a natural fullback, looks the goods in both attack and defence)
2. Colin Best
3. Phil Graham
4. William Zillman (I think he has a future as a centre. His best quality is his step. I see him as a centre/five-eighth in the Gasnier mold.)
5. David Howell
6. Todd Carney
7. Michael Dobson
8. Scott Logan
9. Lincoln Withers
10. Troy Thompson
11. Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Neville Costigan
13. Alan Tongue

14. Andrew Dunemann
15. Matthew Bickerstaff
16. Michael Weyman
17. Dane Tilse

Next in line: Thurling, Miller, Turner. Purtell, Chalk and Irwin to cover the backs. Chad Grintell looks like a decent prospect in PL at the moment too.

Who plays 7 next year depends on who of Dobson or Dunemann is in the best form. Wouldn't be surprised to see Withers move to the 7 either, and Dunemann into the 9.

dubby

Bench
1. Goodwin (maybe Chalk)
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Frawley
5. Howell
6. Carney
7. Dobson (most likely Dunemann)
8. Thompson
9. WIthers
10. Miller (Logan more likely)
11. TLL
12. Bickerstaff
13. Tongue

14. Logan (Or Tilse)
15. Costigan
16. Weyman
17. Chalk

Too damn hard to pick a team yet. It was risky naming Miller ahead of Tilse, but I went for Miller off his 05 form. I also think Logan will start anyway. How do you leave out Thurling? Steve Irwin is there as well and may be a shot for the wing.
Purtell may find it hard to get into top grade now there is no Elliot to give him his spot every week. I also think Frawley will blossom in the centres and he and Phil will be a very dangerous combo; speed and elusiveness. Frawls is a big guy too who should be able to use the likes of Best.

Fullback and half are the key spots and we have 2 rookies. Honestly, I think Dunemann will start in the 7 or 9, meaning WIthers may end up in the 7 again.
No idea about fullback. Maybe CHalk might get the gig, but I dont rate him as a fullback.

edabomb

First Grade
1. Goodwin
2. Purtell
3. Graham
4. Best
5. Howell
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Thompson
9. Dunneman
10. Logan
11. TLL/Costigan while he is out
12. Bickerstaff
13. Tongue

14. Tilse
15. Zillman
16. Weyman
17. Chalk/Thurling

Withers and Frawley can have a go in premier league IMO.

Of course there are a million variables that will change between now and March 2007.

legend

Coach
Goodiwn
Chalk
Howell
Graham
Best
Carney
Dunemman
Tongue (c)
Bickerstaff
Thom LL/Costigan
Logan
Withers
Thompson

Zillman
Weyman
Miller
Thurling

Tilse
Turner
Rothery
Jones
Kelly
Irwin

Daza_06

Juniors
The raiders are definately goin to have the best depth in the NRL, especially in the fowards. The club has quality halves, props and second rowers. Can't wait to see the Raiders in 2007

Mal Meninga

Bench
Raiders Plight said:
Tilse has huge potential, he just needs to bulk up a bit and run with a bit more confidence. He could become a willie mason style player.
Tilse won't reach his potential unless he becomes more aggressive. It's good that he has ball skills but I prefer prop's to set the platform and smash the line before they start throwing hospital face balls. Especially considering his size, alot of teams will try to aim up on him and make a statement, abit like Willie Mason making Tilse his 'girlfriend' on Saturday night.

And boy we're really lacking good centre options... Graham usually get's injured once or twice a season so it could be a lean period when that happens.

thickos

First Grade
1. Goodwin
2. Best
3. Graham
4. Howell
5. Purtell
6. Zillman
7. Carney
8. Tilse
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. Costigan
12. Bickerstaff (then TLL when fit)
13. Tongue (c)

14. Weyman
15. Dunemann
16. Logan
17. Thurling

skeepe

Immortal
1. Bronx Goodwin
2. Colin Best
3. Phil Graham
4. Brett Kelly
5. David Howell
6. Todd Carney
7. William Zillman
8. Dane Tilse
9. Andrew Dunemann
10. Troy Thompson
11. Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Neville Costigan
13. Alan Tongue

14. Michael Weyman
15. Matt Bickerstaff
16. Trevor Thurling
17. Josh Miller

twistedbydesign

Juniors
In my opinion Chalk deserves the first crack at fullback. I'll concede that I'm a massive fan of his, and further that I haven't seen a lot of Bronx play, but in my opinion Marsh has done enough in a few short stints at fullback in FG to warrant a chance back there. Quite a few of you guys have Josh Miller in the back row, and whilst I understand this is partly to cover the loss of TLL I can't concur. WHilst Josh is small his a front rower through and through, he doesn't have the footwork or the ball skills to be a good backrower. Let's not forget just how bloody good this guy was in 2005 leading our pack along with Thommo. Thus the team...

1 - Marshall CHALK
2 - Bronx GOODWIN
3 - Phil GRAHAM
4 - Kelly/Howell/Frawley (hardest possie to fill)
5 - Best/Howell/Purtell/Frawley
6 - Todd CARNEY
7 - Michael DOBSON
8 - Josh MILLER
9 - Lincoln WITHERS
10 - Troy THOMPSON
11 - Matt BICKERSTAFF
12 - Neville COSTIGAN
13 - Alan TONGUE (c)

14 - William ZILLMAN
15 - Michael WEYMAN
16 - Glen TURNER
17 - Dane TILSE

Incredibly, this team features just 8 of the 17 blokes who ran around last Saturday night! Plenty of potential there but we are going to have to be patient.

edabomb

First Grade
I think Best is a waste playing on the wing in attack. He will be one of our top two attacking backs IMO, and we don't have any players with distribution skills at centre to get him involved enough.

I'm all for him defending on the wing though.

tye

Juniors
Bickerstaff is a good buy for you guys. And with plenty of props Josh Miller would make a perfect interchange player as he can cover every position in the forwards, provided he can stay fit.

Brimmer

Juniors
Boy from what I've seen and read of Dobson.. I feel he may be the end of our halfback woes.

1. Goodwin
2. Howell
3. Best
4. Graham
5. Purtell - contentious I know but I think we haven't seen the best yet.
6. Carney
7. Dobson
8. Logan
9. Dunemann/Withers
10. Thompson
11. TLL
12. Bickerstaff
13. Tongue (c)

14. Zillman/Withers/Costigan (Room for only one IMO)
15. Miller
16. Weyman
17. Tilse

Man... naming a side is pretty damn hard!!! Bit light on in the backs but there is some serious potential coming through....