What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the REAL problem here?

My mate emailed me his thoughts on our current situation and I tend to agree:

Maybe it's the too precious Novacastrians who've had it too f**king easy under the coaching of Joey and management of Hagan. All of a suddeen their world comes crashing down because they have to do something different. Do you hear of any of the non-Newcastle boys complaining, thoese that have been at other clubs?

The Necastle boys' gravy train has come to a shuddering halt, and now they want to bail out. They all thought it would be easy, just do what was necessary for 10 years, maybe jag a GF if Joey stayed fit, get up your 200 games, retire with a lap around Henny Penny Stadium, then drift off to England for a year or two.

I thought the Newcastle boys all stuck together in the bad times. They're like rats on a burning ship.

Solid, those Newcastle boys

AZ00MD

Juniors
Is it the media sensationalism thats making me think against the good its doing for the club?

Christ, in 23 years of coaching, youd think he'd get at least 1 premiership.

Heres a good one for you all also...

"As at December 2006, No Australian Rugby League club has ever won a premiership after being coached by Brian Smith." St George, Parramatta.... all things come in 3s?

Yeah a bit of pruning may make coaches look like pricks, but who wants to play for a team with a sh*thouse player turnover?

Gene Krupa

Referee
AZ00MD said:
Is it the media sensationalism thats making me think against the good its doing for the club?

Christ, in 23 years of coaching, youd think he'd get at least 1 premiership.

Heres a good one for you all also...

"As at December 2006, No Australian Rugby League club has ever won a premiership after being coached by Brian Smith." St George, Parramatta.... all things come in 3s?

Yeah a bit of pruning may make coaches look like pricks, but who wants to play for a team with a sh*thouse player turnover?

Yet he's been coaching for 23 years. Is premierships all you mesure success with? Steve Roach, Wally Lewis and Andrew Ettingshausen are just many of dozens and dozens of player who have never won a premiership, yet are you going to tell me that these legends didn't have successful careers?

As a fan, I'm happy with what Brian Smith is doing for the club. After years or mediocrity and sycophantism, he's running a rule through the club. Something that has been needed for along time. Something that should have been done years ago!

And as for your last comment, wtf are you talking about? What player turn over? In the last few years, we haven't turned anyone over! Why is it wrong for us to get rid of the dead wood and try and get ahead but when other clubs do it, it's simply a neccessity? People don't get it sometimes! So loyalty is a one way street? Clubs can't cut non-performers but players are entitled to chase the big money with no thought for the club that invested in them in the first place? What twisted logic!

aqua_duck

Coach
Seriously anyone who believes Brian Smith is a choker, and we can't win because of that should take a look at John Lang, he was coach of cronulla for a long time, in that time they didnt win anything but choked everytime, he left, went to penrith and 2 years later won them a premiership, a remarkable achievement considering he took over a wooden spoon side. Lang had good juniors in Rooney, Lewis, CLinon, Waterhouse coming through the ranks and some good players around them in Gower, Wesser, Girdler, and co. What he did was make a few shrewd signings to make the team more solid, guys like Ross, Campbell, Galuvao, etc. I think SMith is doing something similar here.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
LOL, If Hagan was still here with this current situation (Joey's retirement) I'm pretty sure we would still be 0 wins on the ladder and probably never even improve for the next couple of years.