What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats with our 20`s?

northernsaint

Juniors
I havent seen all the 20`s games as i live way up north. But from the few that i have been at it seems that there is little structure in both attatck or defence. As this is our future is there a problem here as this has gone on for far too long :eek:?

cleary89

Coach
Hasn't Bennett said before he doesn't really care about winning games in the 20's, its only there to develop players.

tbh, doesn't really bother me. Some good young kids in that team though, few should make the step up.

Minh

First Grade
Don't worry too much about the touch footy stuff. In all honesty the main thing is to have several great talents there to throw into the fire of first grade from time to time, and we have had our fair share of local talent in recent years.

Minh

First Grade
does that mean that Adrian Lam is blamed for the poor performances?

possm

Coach
Adrian Lam struggled at the Roosters and did not do well last year with the young Dragons. Hope Doust / Price can find a good coach.

I thiink it is very important to groom these younsters and instill good technique, paying ethic and a winning frame of mind. They should follow the same formula as the first grade side.

Minh

First Grade
Lam shanked. Wasn't he very good at the Roosters before he came here?
I remember he came with big raps, but he was one of those in the Ricky Stuart coaching staff I think so can't be that good after all.

nrlnrl

First Grade
It's easier for backs & hookers to adapt to the NRL. The concern is finding a comp between the ages of 20 & 23 for most forwards, especially props - hopefully the IC comes up with a solution.

Godz Illa

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ion-by-the-nrl-twitterati-20110421-1dqh2.html

IT'S WRIGLEY THE RED

South Sydney assistant coach Kurt Wrigley is unlikely to be part of the club's off-field staff under Michael Maguire next season, with the former Cronulla, St George and Adelaide utility tipped to take charge of Salford Reds. The Reds coaching job has been the subject of controversy all season, with former Rabbitohs boss Shaun McRae on sick leave since February and his deputy, Malcolm Alker, in dispute with the Manchester club after being suspended and ordered to stay away from training two weeks ago by football director Steve Simms. UK sources have told Sin Bin that Wrigley is set to be the club's next coach after Simms was unable to persuade Ian Millward to take the job. Meanwhile, Matthew Johns will consider an approach from Maguire to join Souths coaching staff next season but whether he does could depend on whether Wayne Bennett wants him to continue at the Knights. Dragons assistant Adrian Lam will speak to club officials about his future in coming weeks and could be a contender for the Wigan job.

Tim Smith

Juniors
Not having Foxsport I don't get to see the 20's match but I can imagine without Beau Henry, Fai Fai Loa, Cameron King and Mitch Rein in their squad this year a fair bit of talent is missed just in that quartet..there may be others moved on or too old and a new batch of talent is taking time to gel...whatever it is a shame to see us at the bottom of the table whatever the reasons.

With such a settled and start studded first grade squad maybe there is a psychological blockage of thinking there is not a clear path to first grade and that is demotivating them...i am just thinking out loud with no real answer /explanation

That's why we have lost Leilua, Fai Fai Loa, Henry and others...they couldn't shift the encumbents.

Latest posts