What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's With The Parra Bashing?

Shorty

Staff member
What did their supporters or players do for so many nasties to come out of the woodwork?
Sure is tall poppy syndrome at work isn't it?:?

thommo4pm

Coach
You are obviously up in QLD as per your location status.

You haven't had to put up with the bandwagon Parra supporters coming from everywhere in Sydney....people who had given up on footy allegedly earlier in the year and wanted nothing to do with the game or the eels.....all of a sudden the Eels make a run and these people come out and start giving crap to others teams die hard supporters.

To the die hard Parra supporters or even just the people who kept following them, I feel for them today...but to everyone who jumped on the bandwagon I hope it hurts real bad.

Ladmate

Bench
Because in sydney we were fed with the hayne and moi moi crap to the point where it is sickening, bandwagoners jumped up out of nowhere and the media was wanking all over parramatta. Most people here are victim to it.

Alex28

Coach
It would only be the tall poppy syndrome if they were the actual tall poppy.

They are not.

Some people just don't like Parramatta. My reason is my family all support the Eels and I have quite the rivalry with them...as such I've hated - and in turn enjoyed seeing them lose Grand Finals - the Eels for quite a while...

It's fair to say I enjoyed seeing them lose much more than seeing Melbourne win.

Chook Herron

Juniors
To the die hard Parra supporters or even just the people who kept following them, I feel for them today...but to everyone who jumped on the bandwagon I hope it hurts real bad.

That makes no sense. Bandwagon supporters will just jump off and go back to following the Sydney Swans next season. They need to be passionate in the first place in order for the loss to hurt.

Shorty

Staff member
Ridders, one would think you know what it refers to, obviously not.

Bandwagoning happens to every team as does the media wankfest (Thommo I live in BRISBANE, what do you think I have to put up with?!).
I didn't think that would warrant so many threads bashing Parramatta, they made this year's finals series very exciting.

Carnifex

Juniors
Ive bashed the bandwagoners....its been the worst ive ever seen this week.

But ever since dennis fitzgerald left ive had alot more respect for the eels...they did amazing this year. they dont deserve to be bashed...if they are being bashed.

Ridders

Coach

Bandwagoning happens to every team as does the media wankfest (Thommo I live in BRISBANE, what do you think I have to put up with?!).
I didn't think that would warrant so many threads bashing Parramatta, they made this year's finals series very exciting.

I don't understand what your complaining about tbh. Are you referring to the Parra Choker threads and Hayne Over-rated threads?

Trolls have always existed on these forums, its just now that Parra is their target atm.

Why aren't you complaining about the Archer bashing going on?

murraymob

Coach

shorty you had to be here in sydney to understand what people are saying.There where 2 sides in the game but all we copped in papers and news where parra articles.all week.Even the premier rees suddenly declares he is a parra supporter wears a bit thin on other supporters

Shorty

Staff member
It's funny, before they lost, this thread title would be What's With the Parra Love-In?

And that will probably be your answer.
No it wouldn't:?
I think Parra did amazingly to go where they went earlier in the year.
Their love in was completely justified, what did you expect? No attention?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Its sad tbh. Parramatta lit up this years finals. However, who cares about what anyone says Im Proud of my team and the effort they've put in.

backdoor

Juniors
shorty you had to be here in sydney to understand what people are saying.There where 2 sides in the game but all we copped in papers and news where parra articles.all week.Even the premier rees suddenly declares he is a parra supporter wears a bit thin on other supporters

I live in Qld and thought it had been common knowledge for some time that Rees was a Parra fan....

perhaps the only thing Rees hasn't f**ked up from what I have heard

Chook Herron

Juniors
Happened last year with Manly

Unless your team makes the Grand Final or both teams playing in the Grand Final are outside Sydney and don't receive as much attention in Sydney, opposition supporters will b*tch about the week leading up to it. Maybe if they move the Grand Final away from Sydney it will solve the problem.

Cletus

First Grade
You are obviously up in QLD as per your location status.

You haven't had to put up with the bandwagon Parra supporters coming from everywhere in Sydney....people who had given up on footy allegedly earlier in the year and wanted nothing to do with the game or the eels.....all of a sudden the Eels make a run and these people come out and start giving crap to others teams die hard supporters.

I've got a friend who basically gave up on Parra and League when they sucked for half the season. Still they'll all be dissapointed tonight after that first half performance.