What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's with the raiders fans?

Knightmare

Coach
Knights fans :lol: What a bunch of whinging junkies - is there nothing better to do in that cesspool you call Newcastle?. It's funny how you care so much about a handful of posters trololol

lol, Knightmare. I still vividly remember that racist Greg Inglis thread you made which unfortunately got deleted. It was a testament to your utter stupidity.

Nothing racist about mocking the way that moron talks whatsoever. Or is it only racist to bag a player for being dumber than a bag of hammers if they aren't white?

Apey

Staff member
Cool thread. Thanks for the kind words all.

wanna-be-friends.gif

Knightmare

Coach
As for Raiders fans generally, I don't get the hatred for the Knights. My best guess is because the teams' best era's overlapped and like the Knights, the Raiders are a regional team a days' drive from Sydney?

albi

Juniors
I don't understand the anxiety here. The Raiders and Knights have a long history of great clashes and enjoyed what I thought was a healthy rivalry.

I would be hesitant to label a feud between a handful of posters on an online forum as evidence of some systemic hatred.

Yosh

Coach
I don't understand the anxiety here. The Raiders and Knights have a long history of great clashes and enjoyed what I thought was a healthy rivalry.

I would be hesitant to label a feud between a handful of posters on an online forum as evidence of some systemic hatred.

Great clashes for you guys... We get smashed by you guys on a regular basis lol!:D

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
It was my thought, I figured this would be entertaining to watch anyhow. Skeepe’s reaction was not how I imagined it.

albi

Juniors
Great clashes for you guys... We get smashed by you guys on a regular basis lol!:D

Lol - well I think your 1997 team could reform today and comfortably kick our butts at the moment :(. We suck right now!

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Is it '97 envy? I've often wondered what it's like for Raiders fans to have the 'Greatest ever Grand Final' tag taken away from them and so quickly too. Every year they come out of the woodwork to tell us that '89 was the best Grand Final etc but you just know that everyone rolls their eyes and says except for '97 under their breathe.

I mean most people were hoping that the tigers won in '89 anyway. But the Knights at least beat a team everyone hated.

97 wasn't that exciting, the Broncos did it pretty easily from memory.

Knightmare

Coach
97 wasn't that exciting, the Broncos did it pretty easily from memory.

The Broncos won something in '97?

Oh, wait a minute.........you're talking about that in-house comp News Ltd. ran aren't you.........yeah I heard about that once. Apparently it was really shit. So shit that Rupert and his cronies came crawling back to the ARL begging for a peace treaty! :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
The Broncos won something in '97?

Yep, a premiership. Well technically half a premiership, just like yours. 1997*

Don't worry, you finally won a full one a few years later. Newcastle Knights, 1 and a half times premiers.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yep, a premiership. Well technically half a premiership, just like yours. 1997*

Don't worry, you finally won a full one a few years later. Newcastle Knights, 1 and a half times premiers.

1 and a half is still more games than the raiders have won this year, and it's definitely more times than you've been laid (not including copping it from behind or hooking up with family members) in your life

skeepe

Immortal
1 and a half is still more games than the raiders have won this year, and it's definitely more times than you've been laid (not including copping it from behind or hooking up with family members) in your life

What a bizarre post. You admit that 1997 was half a premiership (well done you) and then appear to get confused and mistake me for someone from Newcastle.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Why did we have to create this thread? I don't want these pasty faced, local liquor drinking, kingsley chip eating mongs in our subforum.

Jubes

Juniors
Consider yourselves lucky, I live 2 minutes drive from Canberra Stadium...I can never get away from them.