What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats Your Teams Whinge For Not Winning The Grand Final?

MrSharky

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
We aren't talking about ancient mid-week and lower grade premierships here champ. ** Counts Sharks premiership tropheys hmmmm - nothing + nothing...hmm carry the nothing....equals...well....nothing ** :D

Trophies are still trophies... no matter what they are for...

Our trophy cabinet remains full and glimmers with silverware symbolising years of success thank you very much...

icon6.gif

lotti

Bench
the Cowboys won't have one because win or lose there might be a public holiday next week. Manly and Melbourne we got screwed by Stephen Clarke.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MrSharky said:
Trophies are still trophies... no matter what they are for...

Our trophy cabinet remains full and glimmers with silverware symbolising years of success thank you very much...

icon6.gif

Silverware? Is that what you get for coming second? :lol:

Please refer to the GF banner thread. :D

Mr Saab

Referee
for a change i cant whinge about something!
My team has won every GF it has played in.
Now..if only we can get back there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
THE ENTIRE NRL IS RACIST!

THE WARRIORS WERE EASILY THE BEST TEAM IN THE COMP THIS YEAR BUT AS USUAL WERE DEPRIVED OF GLORY BY XENOPHOBIC AUSTRALIAN CONSPIRATORS!

SIONE FAUMUINA SHOULD HAVE WON THE DALLY M FFS!

lotti

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
99 - Robbed by the VIDEO REF - Penalty frigging try???? What the hell is wrong with hitting a winger around the chops with a swinging arm?????? Knocking him out should be applauded - not penalised!! He was a winger for crying out loud - and from Melbourne!!!! It was a brilliant piece of Ainscough magic, the sourpuss referees can't recognise genius when it comes up and slaps them in the face like a Brownie special.

We Wuz Robbed!!!!
It was a fair try, Craig was taken out on his way to the tryline he would've scored if it wasn't for that Dragon player.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lotti said:
It was a fair try, Craig was taken out on his way to the tryline he would've scored if it wasn't for that Dragon player.

:lol:

lotti, the Harbour Bridge isn't for Base jumping, OK?

lotti

Bench
dodge said:
:lol:

lotti, the Harbour Bridge isn't for Base jumping, OK?
Dodge I'm no where near the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Story Bridge is an 8 hour drive away.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Two key years stand out to me for the Raiders where a genuine title shot slipped through their grasp through something a little more than being outplayed on the day. I can cop getting beat period, but some losses have that 'what if' feeling attached to them and that being the topic of this thread allows a little ventage...

In 1991 the Raiders made the Grand Final but with almost their entire star brigade hobbling on one leg. If you've seen any of the Royce Simmons tribute videos that have been and will be churned out this week (not taking anything away from his performance or premiership) you'll see 95% of our star players endorsing thermoskin as their favourite company. The Raiders did amazingly well just to make the Grand Final and when the likes of Ricky Stuart, Laurie Daley and Gary Belcher (to name 3 that stand out) could hardly run and should not have played to finish 7 points behind the Panthers and be in it til the last couple of minutes is worthy of recognition. If they'd been fit...

The hardest year to accept is the 1993 Season when the Raiders were in blistering form. That whole season was defined by the Round 21 clash with the Eels when the Raiders piled on 68 points of woe but lost the best player in the world at the time Ricky Stuart to a horrific ankle injury and the Raiders lost their next 3 and bowed out of the race with a whimper. Although the Broncos won the comp from 5th had Stuart been fit the magic 'Raiders-Broncos' Grand Final may have eventuated (a glitch in the 1995 Top 8 system denied them any chance of meeting in the 1995 decider when they finished 2 and 3 on the table) and the Raiders could have claimed a premiership.

I don't mind appearing a little biased on this occassion but the Raiders of 1993-94-95 were the most dominant side I've seen over 3 consecutive seasons. And I'm putting that team above themselves from 89-91 (1990 was the Raiders most complete season ever), the Broncos from 96-97-98, Manly 95-96-97 and the Roosters from 2002-03-04. I missed out on appreciating the Eels and Dogs of the 80s as I was a little young. Other sides to rate this meniton include Brisbane from 92-93-94 were pretty good too as were the Knights from 2000-01-02.

But had Stuart not broken his ankle in that game against the Eels (did i mention the score was 68-0?) the Raiders may have taken the first of three consecutive titles (as it was they only won the 94 title and got outplayed and enthused by the Dogs in the prelim final of 95).

Ahhh the memories.

Iafeta

Referee
MrSharky said:
1978 - Screwed out of the GF due to f***ing Hartley... which meant that game was a draw and required a replay... and then what happens? Half the team can't play due to injury sustained from thos cheap manly merkins...

1989 - Minor premiers screwed in the Preliminaries... what a f***ing conpiracy!

1997 (SL) - OMG What a conspiracy?!?! How can a GF be played at another team's home ground?!? WTF?!

1998 - Our shyte run from the beginning were due to injuries contracted from some of the worst scenarios! We were so brilliant in the second half of the year that we would've hammered anyone that came our way (won 10 in a row only to just miss the finals)...

1999 - One of the worst chokes ever... we had the premiership in the bag after winning the minor premiership with such overwhelming dominance... F**king conspiracy... mundine took drugs @ HT!!!!

2000 - Leading 20-0 against the eventual premiers at HT in the week 1 qualifying final... and we choked!! Russell Richardson you tw@t!!! He was obviously payed a handsome figure from Broncos HQ...

2001 - Everyone knows it should've been a Sharks/Parra GF... but no! Paul Simpkins decides to let his agenda against us (which still carries through to today!) get in the way of GF glory.. After beating the Dogs by 50 the week before we knew it was our year... only to be penalised out of the game a week later, and had a try to Matty Rogers disallowed and I still don't know why!!!

2002 - Now this f***ing hurt so bad! Leading the whole f***ing game v the warriors only to have a try from a FORWARD PASS (I know all warriors fans won't admit it... but THAT pass from cleary > toopi was FORWARD) disallow us the opportunity to take on the Roosters a week later! Also blame Mellor and Peachey for bombing some of the worst tries you could bomb! F**K!

2005 - Tony Archer. Forward Pass. Barrett Try. Need I say more? We would've rolled the Storm the following week, and been prepping ourselves for a GF judging by Parra's performance yesterday... but NO!

It's a conspiracy...

icon6.gif

:D Forward pass. The only forward pass I remember was from Paul Mellor. Straight into Motu Tony's arms and over the line.

Iafeta

Referee
2003 - Vinnie Anderson bombs a try, he's over the line, but drops the pill. Francis Meli bombs a try, pass straight into the bread basket 15 metres out line wide open... BOMB! And I believe the Panthers score next set.

28-20 that day, we blew it. It would have been great to get payback on those f***ing Roosters, and to stop f***ing Ray F'ng Warren go on about the "Grand Final that should have been" or "The Grand Final that Never Was... No disrespect to New Zealand of course.." Yeah none taken F'Face!

QldRabbit

Juniors
I wish i could add some input to this thread, but for the life of me i can't remember been screwed in the semi's.

Love Always,

Die hard Souths Supporter.

QldRabbit said:
I wish i could add some input to this thread, but for the life of me i can't remember been screwed in the semi's.

Love Always,

Die hard Souths Supporter.

Are you forgetting.....you were kicked out.

That was YOUR TITLE and they screwed you!

Smartman

Juniors
1999 - Ricky Dicky Stuart kicking the dumbest grubber kick straight to Matt Geyer and he runs 90m to score, Melbourne defeat Canterbury 24-22.
I truly believe if Canterbury won that game they would of won the premiership.
Stupid Dicky is now settled with the transit lounge.
icon8.gif

Lungman3

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
2005.....the refs screwed us against Manly and the Raiders.

That would have got us into the top 8 and and its CLEAR we were the form team heading into the finals.

So we beat the Tigers at the end of the season.....and now the Tigers are in the Grand Final.....

So its pretty obvious that the Panthers should be in this years Grand Final rather then the Tigers.

Also, how terrible is the finals system. Its should be atleast a 10 team finals series!

I said all through the season that you blokes were deluding yourselves. Even after you missed the semis you come up with excuses. It's exactly that attitude that caused the Panthers to do so bad this year. They think they can win comps without tackling! :lol:

Anyway, Penrith are just like Parra - they think they deserve to win the comp BY WINNING THE MATCHES THAT DON'T COUNT!! :lol: :lol:

That said, i think the comp is a farce as the 26 rounds are rendered largely meaningless by the sudden death prelim semis, although it did weed out MOST of the dud teams :roll: