What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats Your Teams Whinge For Not Winning The Grand Final?

shadow grinder

First Grade
2005- clark cheated us out of a number of wins...as another storm fan says "we were clarked"

2001(i think)- storm were 9th and needed to win to get into the 8...we were playing warriors and the score was tied IIRc...geyer had to take a kick from a bout a metre in from the sideline to win the game...so geyer moved the tee in about half a metre and thought the ref didnt see...but he was caught and the ref made him put the tee on the sideline! the kick only missed by an inch...robbed i tells ya!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I dont have a whinge.

My team (Warriors) just couldnt match it this season, whether it be not able to hold on the 80 mins, couldnt find any consistantsy..except loosing under pressure or whther it be we just wernt motivated. It came down to my team.

With that, ill rest by the talent we had this year....we should have easily been in the top 8. Especially if you look at our forwards, a well above average pack i'd say Wiki Hohaia/Fein Price Anderson Koopu Faumuina. Should have been in the 8 at least. Severly dissappointed, but i know it came down to our end. We were beaten by the better team on almost all if not all occassions which we came away with the points. And i'll admit to some days we DIDNT deserve the 2 points which we managed to get somehow.

Knightmare

Coach
Jobdog said:
Oh well at least we don't have a bare trophy cabinet

And remember at the start of the year Johns was playing. So this must then mean that Newcastle can't win when Johns isn't there, but they can't win when he's there either. :?

ozzie

Bench
lose of many good players including Fittler so rebuilding commenced. More good players leaving next year - mor out than in.

we weren't good enough last year

MrSharky said:
2002 - Now this f***ing hurt so bad! Leading the whole f***ing game v the warriors only to have a try from a FORWARD PASS (I know all warriors fans won't admit it... but THAT pass from cleary > toopi was FORWARD) disallow us the opportunity to take on the Roosters a week later! Also blame Mellor and Peachey for bombing some of the worst tries you could bomb! F**K!

icon6.gif

go have a look at it again and watch the line this time.

just as close as the sharks try off the bomb after half time.

The_Coach

Juniors
I think a lot of people need to realise that this whole topic is supposed to be tongue in cheek. That's why i think Mr Sharky's whinge is a great laugh.

As for Parramatta being robbed I don't have anything to whinge about.

Quigs

Immortal
1973 ..........Bloody Manly, Bloody Bob Fulton.

The first was a blatant forward reverse pass from Jones, Bloody Fulton was a least a metre offside and Bloody Fultons 2nd try he was tackled into touch in front of the Sheridan Stand. I know, I was there, I was drunk, I saw the whole thing.

Well if we had that froggy linesman then he would of put his flag up.

p-57.jpg

Least we put up a bloody great fight. Not like the sanitized crap we've seen in the last decade or so of GF's.

Cheers
Quigs
mander.gif

Well said Quigs. I was there as well and for the 1978 GF. Robbed both times. Since then, I've got no complaints. Beaten by the better side each time. We had our chances against both the Warriors and Newcastle to make the GF but just weren't good enough to put them away.

P.S I love the little animated bits in your sig. Brilliant!

Quigs

Immortal
Eskimo Sharkie said:
Well said Quigs. I was there as well and for the 1978 GF. Robbed both times. Since then, I've got no complaints. Beaten by the better side each time. We had our chances against both the Warriors and Newcastle to make the GF but just weren't good enough to put them away.

P.S I love the little animated bits in your sig. Brilliant!

Brothers in Arms..........Commrade.

Any sharkie making the GF this year should put up a banner - we hate hartley.

Just so the injustice will not be forgotten.

Cheers
Quigs
mander.gif

Kiwi

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Cry me a river!

Everyone has a story about how their team was supposedly screwed out of that Grand Final victory they deserved.

So lets hear your story.

It can be from any season, not just this year.

For me, it was Rhys Wesser going to the Sin Bin last year against the Bulldogs.

If anything, the Bulldogs player should have been sent to the bin for trying to get the penalty.

I mean, Rhys.....deadset, butter wouldnt melt in his mouth. Also, we were the better team at one point in 2004.

We were screwed out of the 2004 Title! :x

;-)

My biggest whinge is....we weren't there :evil: we should have been there damn it, and would have been too if it wasn't for...ummmm...errrrr...hmmmm our poor end of season form :cry:

Bumble

First Grade
I seriously think that without Sutton getting his jaw broken by Jason Smith and the 7 game losing streak that accompanied this, we would have made the finals.

thickos

First Grade
Bumble said:
I seriously think that without Sutton getting his jaw broken by Jason Smith and the 7 game losing streak that accompanied this, we would have made the finals.

Wasn't it his sternum?

Nice play at twisting the facts to suit the story. If poor diddums can't handle the impacts of the NRL, tough luck. I'm sure Smithy set out to break his sternum deliberately too :roll:

Bumble

First Grade
thickos said:
Wasn't it his sternum?

Nice play at twisting the facts to suit the story. If poor diddums can't handle the impacts of the NRL, tough luck. I'm sure Smithy set out to break his sternum deliberately too :roll:

Hmm, my bad honest mistake...why the hell would I want to twist the facts of the story? It's not like I have an anti-Canberra/J.Smith agenda...

And you call Sutton a diddums for not being able to handle the impacts of the NRL? Isn't J.Smith the one who ran off to England for a few years?

Mr Saab

Referee
Bumble said:
Hmm, my bad honest mistake...why the hell would I want to twist the facts of the story? It's not like I have an anti-Canberra/J.Smith agenda...

it was in fact jason croker that broke Suttons sternum....not Smith