What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are NRL teams going to get serious about their sponsors?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I can read fine.

What are Pirtek paying?

What are Ergon paying?

What are ME paying?

Can you read?

Bumble

First Grade
Surandy said:
Let's look at their potential then. Collingwood is on FTA TV how many times a year? Emirates are getting good exposure there. Which NRL team gets more FTA TV exposure than that AFL team? None that I can think of, but then I do live in Melbourne and we don't see much else but AFL on tv down here.

So if Emirates could sponsor an AFL team or an NRL team, given our sh*tty FTA TV coverage deal, who do you think would best be able to maximise their potential?

The Dragons are on what, every week?

The Tigers will be the same next year. The Roosters, Bulldogs & Broncos (I.E the boring 3 that are always on FTA) will no doubt get heaps.

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:
The next three most valuable sponsorships were AFL clubs: the Brisbane Lions (AAPT), Sydney Swans (QBE Insurance) and St Kilda (Mortgage House).

Wasn't Mortgage House on your list of "dinky" sponsors?!? Make up your mind!!!

Melbourne - Mortgage House...Really...very cheap

Yep! OWNED!!!

Another interesting fact is that Mortgage House have not reached a sponsorship deal with Melbourne Storm, although negotiations are continuing from the last report by the club. So check your "facts" a bit better please.

Bumble

First Grade
Surandy said:

Yep! OWNED!!!

Another interesting fact is that Mortgage House have not reached a sponsorship deal with Melbourne Storm, although negotiations are continuing from the last report by the club. So check your "facts" a bit better please.

Ouch, Moffo just got caught out.

In saying that though, I don't believe for a second that the Storm deal would be anywhere near the St Kilda deal.

MrSharky

Juniors
By stating that they are one of the biggest in the AFL, doesn't mean they're not 'dinky'...

icon6.gif

Surandy

Bench
Bumble said:
Ouch, Moffo just got caught out.

In saying that though, I don't believe for a second that the Storm deal would be anywhere near the St Kilda deal.

Of course not, what exposure would a company get with sponsoring Melbourne Storm? Not counting the finals, we only got 1 televised game on FTA TV in 2005 thanks to the crap FTA TV deal the NRL has with Channel Nein.

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
I can read fine.

What are Pirtek paying?

What are Ergon paying?

What are ME paying?

Can you read?

It's less then 800k, put it that way.

I'm in this thread to highlight a point. NRL clubs are not getting anywhere near AFL clubs. The fact that the knights are 2nd and they get 800k (supposedly) is proof of this

I've proven my point. I've shown what AFL clubs get in comparision to NRL clubs

You my friend, need to accept my point and move on.

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:
Im sorry, did I just not prove my point? Stop moving the goalposts

Either the NRL and AFL are equivalent products or they aren't. The NRL is dominant in 2 out of the 3 biggest markets in Australia. The NRL has international exposure.

International exposure? And that exposure would be best for large corporations because......? They'd get more exposure in UK by sponsoring NRL or ESL?

You really should go back and read Thunderstruck's response as it sure seems to me like you didn't.

MrSharky

Juniors
What a load of BS...

The knights do not have the 2nd largest deal, and their deal aint anywhere near 800k...

It is closer to 600k.

icon6.gif

Moffo

Referee
Surandy said:

Yep! OWNED!!!

:lol:

I'd consider them dinky. Dinky but forked out big bucks. Good luck to them. In the finance world though, they are a small fish in the ocean

Moffo

Referee
Surandy said:
International exposure? And that exposure would be best for large corporations because......? They'd get more exposure in UK by sponsoring NRL or ESL?

You really should go back and read Thunderstruck's response as it sure seems to me like you didn't.

Hold on, exposure is exposure isn't it? If 200 people in the UK walk around with Dogs jerseys with Mitsubishi on it, isn't that still valuable exposure?

You make no sense

Moffo

Referee
UndertakerMike said:
Internatoinal exposure means nothing as club sponsorship is not affected by this.

Its a measure of the value of sponsorship. Domestic or International, exposure is exposure

Do you think that Man United's sponsors don't consider international exposure when they sign-on?

Moffo

Referee
MrSharky said:
What a load of BS...

The knights do not have the 2nd largest deal, and their deal aint anywhere near 800k...

It is closer to 600k.

icon6.gif

I'm sorry but that is what has been quoted in this thread from a so called 'reliable source'. If its even less, then so be it. It further proves my point

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:

I'm in this thread to highlight a point. NRL clubs are not getting anywhere near AFL clubs. The fact that the knights are 2nd and they get 800k (supposedly) is proof of this

you've proven your point lol

so far you haven't stated what any NRL club are getting

get back to me when you can

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:

Personally I think that the NRL should get a lot more exposure than is presently the case. But having said that, look at it from a corporate view, NRL has two games per week on FTA TV which are only shown before midnight in NSW & Qld. As opposed to AFL which has a lot more games (five perhaps?) on FTA TV in every state before midnight.

So it comes back to the argument that you claim to have proven, and that is that NRL teams aren't doing enough to maximise their sponsorship potential.

My point is that under the current circumstances, ie TV deal, newspaper coverage, etc, that they are!

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:
Hold on, exposure is exposure isn't it? If 200 people in the UK walk around with Dogs jerseys with Mitsubishi on it, isn't that still valuable exposure?

You make no sense

And of what value is that 200 people in the UK seeing Mitsubishi on a Dogs jersey? Can people in the UK buy services from Mitsubishi Electric?

MrSharky

Juniors
Moffo said:
I'm sorry but that is what has been quoted in this thread from a so called 'reliable source'. If its even less, then so be it. It further proves my point

I don't believe this 'reliable source'... whoever it is (I'm not gonna bother reading throught the thread)...

The fact that they (Coal & Allied) signed half-way through the season tells more than enough of the story...

BTW anyone that's about to jump on me, saying that Coal & Allied are loaded due to parent company Rio Tinto (one of the world's largest resources companies I know) are kidding themselves...

They are just one of hundreds, yes HUNDREDS of Rio's subsidiaries...

And I honestly doubt that they operate on any more than 1-2 locations...

icon6.gif

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
you've proven your point lol

so far you haven't stated what any NRL club are getting

get back to me when you can

I just said what the knights are getting

Tigers get 575k a year and they just won the premiership

Collingwood, a crap team for multiple years, get 2million

Do we need to keep going, really?