What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are NRL teams going to get serious about their sponsors?

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
LOL

Moff unless you can show that the clubs that have sponsors that meet your aproval are getting more money than those that don't then you have NOTHING.

It's that simple.

I'm sick of restating what I'm saying to you El.

It's that simple

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
I look at how much some AFL clubs get from sponsors and then compare it to RL clubs and i think...even given minor discrepancies between the codes, the NRL clubs could do a lot better

No you don't as you have nfi what either are being paid.

People have asked you for numbers and you've so far come up with nothing yet you sit there and criticize them.

Moffo

Referee
Surandy said:
I've read 8 pages of this tripe and it seems to me that the only person that understands your point is you. Actually what IS your point?

Oh, and did you read what Thunderstruck posted? I think he refuted your "argument" the best.

Read slowly, because I won't be saying it again

Some clubs have what I would classify 'dinky' sponsorships. My concern is that they are not achieving their maximum potential as a result. As I've said at least five times in this thread, there are multiple benefits to be gained through aligning yourself with a big corporate.

My concern is that these clubs don't have the adequate people available with proficient business skills to sell the club to the bigger end of town where a lot more can be done in terms of money and image.

Thats all im saying. I never said that a club shouldn't take the most amount available. Never ever said that. All I'm saying is that it worries me that some NRL clubs aren't maximising their potential.

El Diablo

Post Whore
f**k you're stupid

you just made a claim about AFL clubs getting more. What are the deals worth?

Moffo said:
I look at how much some AFL clubs get from sponsors and then compare it to RL clubs

don't start making out clubs are not getting good deals unless you can back it up.

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:
All I'm saying is that it worries me that some NRL clubs aren't maximising their potential.

Okay, slowly back at you, what leads you to believe that they aren't maximising their potential with their current sponsors?

Note I said "believe" as so far you've given nothing to prove that they aren't maximising their potential other than referring to some of the club sponsors as "dinky".

El Diablo

Post Whore
Surandy said:
Okay, slowly back at you, what leads you to believe that they aren't maximising their potential with their current sponsors?

Note I said "believe" as so far you've given nothing to prove that they aren't maximising their potential other than referring to some of the club sponsors as "dinky".

he's been asked this a few times

has come up with nothing

Surandy

Bench
El Diablo said:
he's been asked this a few times

has come up with nothing

That was why I asked the question slowly. I did point out before that I had read all 8 pages (now 9) so I was aware the question had been raised before.

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
f**k you're stupid

you just made a claim about AFL clubs getting more. What are the deals worth?

don't start making out clubs are not getting good deals unless you can back it up.

Why are you so angry? You are making yourself to look like a clown in this thread

Collingwood get $2m a year from Emirates

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171312&highlight=sponsorship

And they have been near the arse end of the ladder for several years.

I'm not going to go through and research what every single NRL and AFL club gets but suffice to say, if you aren't aware that AFL clubs currently get more then NRL clubs I'd say that you have problems, either that or you are just plain stupid

Moffo

Referee
Further El, coal and allied are 'alleged' to get 900k a year (as mentioned earlier in this thread). That is not even half what collingwood get

You do da math

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moffo said:
Why are you so angry? You are making yourself to look like a clown in this thread

I'm not going to go through and research what every single NRL and AFL club gets but suffice to say, if you aren't aware that AFL clubs currently get more then NRL clubs I'd say that you have problems, either that or you are just plain stupid

you're the one making yourself look like a dumbarse when sprouting sh*t then when asked for figures going off on some other tangent

dinkiest thread ever

Moffo

Referee
Did you even bother to read my link before? I'd assume not, judging by the stupidity of what you are continuing to post

AFL the sport of kings for sponsorship value
By Christian Catalano
Media and Gaming Reporter
September 7, 2005

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Kickbacks: 3 gets added value from sponsoring Essendon due to the profile of players such as James Hird.
Photo: Ryan Pierse
IN THE world of sports sponsorship, treading the line between emotional investment and clever brand deployment has never been more difficult. As marketing departments become ever more obsessed with return on investment, it no longer suffices for a chief executive to simply choose the jumper of his favourite team to splash a logo.

But leading sports marketing firm S-COMM says corporate Australia still has plenty to gain from associating brands with the nation's passion for all things sporting.

"Without a doubt, there's greater scrutiny," said S-COMM managing director Lynne Anderson. "What we try to tell clients is that, if it is the chairman's choice, you still have to prove it works for the business.

"But I think the emotion factor is still there and it is precisely what makes sports sponsorship so powerful. There's nothing that gets people as involved as sport."

The sports sponsorship market in Australia is estimated to have remained relatively flat over the past few years — compared with the rampant growth of the overall advertising market. Sweeney Research estimates sports sponsorship is growing at about 3 to 4 per cent this year on the $1.2 billion achieved during 2003-04.

Advertisement
AdvertisementMs Anderson said it was difficult to measure exactly what percentage of the total advertising spend went to sports sponsorship in Australia.

"The perception might have been in the early days that you couldn't measure sponsorship, so it would miss out on it's fair share," she said. "But that's changed. People know you can measure it now and what I do know is that in the last few years there's hardly been a spare property — from rugby teams, football and cricket — that's without a sponsor."

S-COMM now includes all the major Australian football codes as clients in its sponsorship evaluation data Spindex, after the new Football Federation of Australia signed on last month. The Spindex survey informs sporting teams of the value they are generating for their sponsors by calculating the amount of exposure the brand gets through televised games, other TV events and through print exposure.

A final brand-recall test is applied to each sponsor.

S-COMM's latest index puts Essendon Football Club at the top of the pile. It generated around $7 million of value for its shirt sponsor, Hutchison 3G mobile. "The 3 logo at the moment is just so good, in terms of its clarity. Logo exposure is another key measure — obviously 3 is going to come up a lot better than a more convoluted logo.

"The other thing that Essendon do really well is in that 'other TV exposure' category, and that's where they leverage the brand on something like The Footy Show, ensuring the sponsor gets good coverage."

The next three most valuable sponsorships were AFL clubs: the Brisbane Lions (AAPT), Sydney Swans (QBE Insurance) and St Kilda (Mortgage House).

I've highlighted the bold to make it easier for you. Good luck

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
LOL

It gets better

Moff's figures come from bigpoofy LMAO

Look El, I've proven my point, that was also comes as an official release from Emirates.

Come back to me when you have something interesting to say

Moffo

Referee
Surandy said:

I think that the NRL and AFL are similar in terms of exposure. As i've just highlighted, look at the differences in sponsorships

Or do you think that the AFL clubs are worth multiples of NRL clubs?

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:

Let's look at their potential then. Collingwood is on FTA TV how many times a year? Emirates are getting good exposure there. Which NRL team gets more FTA TV exposure than that AFL team? None that I can think of, but then I do live in Melbourne and we don't see much else but AFL on tv down here.

So if Emirates could sponsor an AFL team or an NRL team, given our sh*tty FTA TV coverage deal, who do you think would best be able to maximise their potential?

Moffo

Referee
Im sorry, did I just not prove my point? Stop moving the goalposts

Either the NRL and AFL are equivalent products or they aren't. The NRL is dominant in 2 out of the 3 biggest markets in Australia. The NRL has international exposure.

Latest posts