What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
True but that's not from lack of fitness, it's from lack of trust, morale and cohesion.
Fitness is more overtly easy to measure. When you see guys with their hands on the hips sucking in deep breaths it doesn’t immediately twig that they may be lacking trust, morale and/or cohesion.

hindy111

Post Whore
Has BA become a better coach or have the rule changes benefited us more so far this year?

He has become better.
Last year he considered small wingers like Bevan and Hoff.
This year he replaced them with Fergo and Sivo.
He also bought some big boys like jnr and Lane.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ferguson, Sivo, Gutherson at fullback, Paulo, Lane and Evans starting to play well.

The fact he gives Terepo and Jnr big mins. He is employing the power game.
Is BA a good coach? Yes always was. Is he a smart coach? There are a lot smarter. Jason Taylor for one who can't get a gig. Doesnt make them better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Great post Twiz. He used to be a control freak from what I’ve heard.

I’m joking, everyone needs some assistance.

There are 4 new signings playing well.
And like I mentioned in pre season Gutherson would come good again as would MJ while Mahoney and Niakoure will be better 2nd season. Plus a lot more junior player ready to push now.
Brown,Salmon,Mahoney,Stone,Kafusi where not ready last year.
Hopefully Parry Schneider and Stefano will be 2020 to keep pressure on other guys.
To be competitive you need juniors and youth to bring enthusiasm.

Having Hayne and Norman away has also helped.

BA coaching tactics are probably the same. He made good recruits and deserves credit. He has also been patient with juniors coming through rather then signing big names and also deserves credit for this. But a lot of this has to do with timing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fitness is more overtly easy to measure. When you see guys with their hands on the hips sucking in deep breaths it doesn’t immediately twig that they may be lacking trust, morale and/or cohesion.
Every team looks like that after a prolonged period without the ball. It doesn’t mean they’re unfit.

They also work on hiding that negative body language. When morale is down that’s one of the first things to go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He has become better.
Last year he considered small wingers like Bevan and Hoff.
This year he replaced them with Fergo and Sivo.
He also bought some big boys like jnr and Lane.
He would consider small wingers this year too if the big ones were injured. Last year he also picked Hayne, Auva’a and Gennings on the wing, but they weren’t always available, or were needed at centre.

Bazal

Post Whore
Potter I'd say...

But BA did target big men so atleast he knew what needed to be fixed

Have you got any evidence that Potter has anything to do with it? Why would the NRL Development Coach have much input into attacking structures?

BA targeted big men last season too. BA signed big men last season.

Bazal

Post Whore
Everyone gets better with time on whatever they do. They learn from mistakes and work out different approaches.
How many people get worse at something the more they do it?

I dunno mate, you seem to get worse the more you post....