What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gronk

Staff member
To be our coach if BA is not retained. He is confident of being back on the NRL next year.
The merkin was suspended in the Essendon/Sharks drug scandal, was suspended yet ignored the ban and communicated with respect to roster management and then was in possession of a spreadsheet which detailed the recently exposed rorts.

There is no way he will be back in 2020.

strider

Post Whore
The merkin was suspended in the Essendon/Sharks drug scandal, was suspended yet ignored the ban and communicated with respect to roster management and then was in possession of a spreadsheet which detailed the recently exposed rorts.

There is no way he will be back in 2020.
Its the NRL, who knows which way Toddy will turn?

Bazal

Post Whore
If we sign Flanagan I'm not sure I could feel comfortable supporting the team tbh...

Not that I think it's at all likely. But with us, you never know honestly.

Avenger

Immortal
Flippy Mcflip flip flippy flippo mcflippy flip sticks.
Hello, I'm Mr. Ed

A horse is a horse, of course, of course
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed

Go right to the source and ask the horse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse

He's always on a steady course
Talk to Mr. Ed

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say

And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this

I am Mister Ed

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hello, I'm Mr. Ed

And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed

Go right to the source and ask the horse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse

He's always on a steady course
Talk to Mr. Ed

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say

And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this

I am Mister Ed
*Edvenger

Bazal

Post Whore
Winx can talk.

Thing sledges the f**k out of the other horses in the race every time. It's the Matthew Hayden of horses

Mr Ed wasn’t his real name.
It was Trevor.
Trevor could be a lot of fun but he was not one to hold his liquor. My back has never felt better since Gary stole him.

UC9T4r_0eWN_CZgnWaCS8oO1EWfbnTmO36ZUAwcqJBALi53WFj2FywAVPME13B93Y1qpTtUW3h4CL_vu8w3MNLyk00vusb04wIgeI2_tOc5mI-kiuP_f5-iJWN_izAEziUHVf_JA3rltcozE1JBkhQrN=w384-h384-nc

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon BA is doing a good job and should be extended and I wouId be doing that now, but what is the rush that the media is pushing?

Yeah I reckon BA will easily get a job in the 2020 if we don’t sign him, but it will be as an assistant, who is going to offer him a head NRL coaching job right now? There isn’t any spots available right now (possible there could be some later in the year).

So there is no way BA is going to sign with another club for a assistant role while he is still in the eels heading coaching role (and I seriously doubt any club would be signing assistants now for 2020).

So the only issue in not signing BA right now is negotiations with re-signing our players off contract. And apart from Gutho and maybe Moses, I doubt any of our off contract players are being chased hard by other clubs.

On Drown he is still signed for 2020, so there is plenty of time to negotiate a new deal with him once a coach is appointed.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon BA is doing a good job and should be extended and I wouId be doing that now, but what is the rush that the media is pushing?

Yeah I reckon BA will easily get a job in the 2020 if we don’t sign him, but it will be as an assistant, who is going to offer him a head NRL coaching job right now? There isn’t any spots available right now (possible there could be some later in the year).

So there is no way BA is going to sign with another club for a assistant role while he is still in the eels heading coaching role (and I seriously doubt any club would be signing assistants now for 2020).

So the only issue in not signing BA right now is negotiations with re-signing our players off contract. And apart from Gutho and maybe Moses, I doubt any of our off contract players are being chased hard by other clubs.

On Drown he is still signed for 2020, so there is plenty of time to negotiate a new deal with him once a coach is appointed.
The media are selling what the agents are pushing. Happens every time there’s names off contract and we’re enjoying a modicum of success, despite the fact we finished last last year

strider

Post Whore
Dunno ... a win might make those in charge act faster .... a loss and hence 3-3 start wont help his cause, but i dont think would be the end of him