What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Dibs

Bench
You can't post when you are banned, silly.
Yeah but their was a residue from all your shit from before the ban. Actually your stink was just starting to disappear but now your back. Maybe those legendary gut feels of yours is just a bad case of diarrhea

hindy111

Post Whore
So we are lucky to win close ones and lucky not to be blown out if we lose close ones, f*ck me put me back on ignore. I’m finding that post of yours I like and unliking it

10 games

2 games where 50-50.... Tigers and Dogs.

Scoreline against sharks last week or against Panthers one week was close. But if we had won it would of been the worse side winning. Not a 50/50. We where beaten by more then the score suggested .

Unsure what games your watching but we have only been in 3 games this season where matched or where better.

Forget the scoreline for a minute, it can confuse people.....

Avenger

Immortal
Swans won,Panthers won....

Better then last weekend
Night brother.
BTW, thanks for the ignore tip. I've just put Dibs on ignore and it's like magic. I can't see anything. Can you please tell him for me to wear a condom and practice safe sex when doing the BA ram. Just because I voted no, doesn't mean I don't care about his health.

Dibs

Bench
10 games

2 games where 50-50.... Tigers and Dogs.

Scoreline against sharks last week or against Panthers one week was close. But if we had won it would of been the worse side winning. Not a 50/50. We where beaten by more then the score suggested .

Unsure what games your watching but we have only been in 3 games this season where matched or where better.

Forget the scoreline for a minute, it can confuse people.....
It sure does seem to be confusing you.

hindy111

Post Whore
It sure does seem to be confusing you.

Teams win and teams win. None are the same even if by same points.

Storm if win by 8 can look completely in control while dogs tonight didnt ever look in control.

Dibs

Bench
Teams win and teams win. None are the same even if by same points.

Storm if win by 8 can look completely in control while dogs tonight didnt ever look in control.
Yes but if a team is winning by 6 or less then you are only 1 play from not winning. I thought we were a much better side then the dogs tonight but they still won

emjaycee

Coach
After 10 games we have conceded 33 tries and scored 26. As mentioned elsewhere, in 7 of those games we have scored at least as many tries as the opposition. 2 areas which have resulted in us being 2-8 are penalties and goal kicking.

Moses has converted at 65% for the year (57% if you take out the Manly win) and combined opposition kickers have converted at 81.8% against us (79% if you take out Manly loss). That makes a difference when the same number of tries have been scored in 5 of 10 games.

The other big difference is obviously penalty goals. We have kicked 4 all year in just 3 games - 7 games where we have either not had the chance or not chosen to take the 2 points. On the other side of the coin, our opposition have kicked 20 penalty goals, and there was only 1 game where we didn't have one kicked against us (the win over Manly).

So I reckon in assessing a game of football in 2018, unless the refereeing changes, it is not only about your "Attack" and your "Defence" but just as critical is your "Discipline". BA has been saying we lack discipline on the field and these number support the fact that our "D for discipline" has been worse than our "D for defence".

Avenger

Immortal
After 10 games we have conceded 33 tries and scored 26. As mentioned elsewhere, in 7 of those games we have scored at least as many tries as the opposition. 2 areas which have resulted in us being 2-8 are penalties and goal kicking.

Moses has converted at 65% for the year (57% if you take out the Manly win) and combined opposition kickers have converted at 81.8% against us (79% if you take out Manly loss). That makes a difference when the same number of tries have been scored in 5 of 10 games.

The other big difference is obviously penalty goals. We have kicked 4 all year in just 3 games - 7 games where we have either not had the chance or not chosen to take the 2 points. On the other side of the coin, our opposition have kicked 20 penalty goals, and there was only 1 game where we didn't have one kicked against us (the win over Manly).

So I reckon in assessing a game of football in 2018, unless the refereeing changes, it is not only about your "Attack" and your "Defence" but just as critical is your "Discipline". BA has been saying we lack discipline on the field and these number support the fact that our "D for discipline" has been worse than our "D for defence".
And because we can't get it right, BA deserves this:

dunce-hat-or-cap.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
And if he cannot get it right, BA deserves this:

dunce-hat-or-cap.jpg

Mate I know you want him gone (as has been discussed ad nauseum) but he isn't the one on the field missing the conversions or giving away the penalties.

Edit: A 10% improvement in either probably gives us 2 more wins at least this year and at 4-6 we are just outside the 8 and you aren't sacking the coach after 6 rounds.

T-Boon

Coach
I would give Arthur the rest of the season. I would talk to him now and let him know that it is what happens over the next few months that determines if he is kept on.
One problem is who is out there that is a decent coach. There is, what, 4 good coaches in the game? And they all have a job.
What candidates are out there?

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach

Easy to say our discipline has let us down, but we need to ask why is it so bad? Fatigue, no wrestling coach resulting in poor wrestling, did the coach think our attack will keep us in games, was it just poor coaching or just stupid players?? We’ve gone from wrestling well in 2017 to being one of the most ill-disciplined teams in 2018.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach

What? Why take away the manly game to lower Moses percentage? To make your stats suit you more?

And it is BAs decision to not take these penalty goals. Even though the moron said we should probably take the two when it is offered.This is on him. We struggle to score points and when we get the opportunity to take the 2 he tells us to tap it. He is a f**king idiot.

And BA has been banging on about our discipline all year. He needs to be able to fix it. Nothing is changing. We continue to make the same errors and give away the same penalties. He assembled this team. If he can’t improve them then he needs to go.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
What? Why take away the manly game to lower Moses percentage? To make your stats suit you more?

Do you know much about statistical analysis mate? It is not uncommon to remove what are called 'outliers' - these are anomalous data points that are distant from other observations and if they remain can skew the results. It is not uncommon when ascertaining the median average of something to remove the upper and lower outlier(s) in order to present a more accurate median.

In the case in point I chose to present both averages with and without the outliers for no reason other than their inclusion had no bearing on the point being presented (i.e. the impact of accurate goal kicking and penalty goals on the results of games).

If both DCE and Moses had kicked no goals in each game, there would have been no change to the result in either game. Round 2 would have been 36-0 and round 7 would have been 28-8.

Unlike you, I have no agenda either way in regards to BA personally and his coaching tenure so I don't get all riled up and look for monsters in the closet with everyone else's posts in here.