What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Noise

Coach
Do you know much about statistical analysis mate? It is not uncommon to remove what are called 'outliers' - these are anomalous data points that are distant from other observations and if they remain can skew the results. It is not uncommon when ascertaining the median average of something to remove the upper and lower outlier(s) in order to present a more accurate median.

In the case in point I chose to present both averages with and without the outliers for no reason other than their inclusion had no bearing on the point being presented (i.e. the impact of accurate goal kicking and penalty goals on the results of games).

If both DCE and Moses had kicked no goals in each game, there would have been no change to the result in either game. Round 2 would have been 36-0 and round 7 would have been 28-8.

Unlike you, I have no agenda either way in regards to BA personally and his coaching tenure so I don't get all riled up and look for monsters in the closet with everyone else's posts in here.

Your post centered around goal kicking and discipline/penalties. It is BAs call to not take the penalty goal. These decisions are on him and it’s costing us games.

emjaycee

Coach
Your post centered around goal kicking and discipline/penalties. It is BAs call to not take the penalty goal. These decisions are on him and it’s costing us games.

Whether we take the kick for penalty isn't what is losing us games overall and not taking a shot for goal after getting a penalty is different to giving away a penalty within kicking range, which was actually my point regarding discipline. Do you have the numbers on how many penalties we have received within kicking range where we haven't taken the kick for goal?

I know there were a couple last night but only because that game is fresh in everyone's mind, but how about in Round 5 - did we get 4 penalties in kicking range and refuse to take the kick? Or was the loss more because we gave away at least 3 penalties within kicking range and Maloney kicked them?

In Round 4 against the Sharks, did we not take the kick from a penalty 5 times or was it our lack of discipline at our end that gave Townsend 4 penalty goals in a 10 point loss?

Back in Round 1, Cleary lined up for a two-pointer 6 times to Moses' 3. Cleary kicked 6 Moses kicked 1 and we lost by 10 points. Again, I don't recall how many times we decided to not take the 2 when in range - would have to watch the replays of all our losses to work that out and no one deserves that punishment.

strider

Post Whore
I dont see BA getting rissolled by our current admin .... i think he would have to choose to leave

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Perhaps, but I also struggle to see them doing nothing.

If we finish last the club will need to show that they have learnt from this year's mistakes. What better way than a change of coach?

strider

Post Whore
I actually agree .... i think there is a fair chance he might quit if we come last ... i just dont see a caretaker admin sacking a coach

hindy111

Post Whore
I actually agree .... i think there is a fair chance he might quit if we come last ... i just dont see a caretaker admin sacking a coach

BA has done a good job. He moved us forward and got us through a tough time.
We may finish the year strong and if do he deserves 2019. If we can get 9 wins from last 14 lets say. That should be the goal. And if we do id feel he has proved me wrong and deserves his crack in 2019.
That would be 24 points......

If we end the season on lets say 14 points id go into 2019 IF we had BA with little hope.
My frustration is im not seeing anything different. Atleast Dean Pay dropped guys. Sure they dont have the injury toll. But ffs look at Panthers. Another debutant last night . Theyve had 4 or 5 this season.
From all reports Niaukore deserved a shot atleast to fail. Matagi, Scott keep getting them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn't you promise not to talk about the f**ken panthers?

There was an 85% chance that wouldn't last the 30days money back period.
And f**k you not getting money back.

Lets just say I been banging on about the duke and his juniors for 3 or 5 yrs now. Only a few listen. Most want to HATE. Most dont want to see the truth and facts.
Meanwhile they have juniors pouring through and we havent had a debutant in 2yrs.

How the f**k is PENRITH the hot humid stink hole better run then Parramatta the 2nd biggest business district in NSW or atleast Sydney. Its a f**king disgrace.

T-Boon

Coach
I have always liked Arthur purely due to the fact we seemed to be moving forward under him. So I forgave the fact he does not sound intelligent when he is talking about the game. Now that we are going backwards and he still does not sound intelligent I am basically jumping ship. We need a new coach for 2019.

hindy111

Post Whore
Go on a few other forums.
Ive read many say the eels pack is one of the weakest and softest theyve seen in years.

To many on here pre cum over Manu and Brown for being tough. Others teams have a whole forward pack of tough dudes.

Like Ive been saying to many average Nrl workers in our squad and not enough tackle breaking or thugs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There was an 85% chance that wouldn't last the 30days money back period.
And f**k you not getting money back.

Lets just say I been banging on about the duke and his juniors for 3 or 5 yrs now. Only a few listen. Most want to HATE. Most dont want to see the truth and facts.
Meanwhile they have juniors pouring through and we havent had a debutant in 2yrs.

How the f**k is PENRITH the hot humid stink hole better run then Parramatta the 2nd biggest business district in NSW or atleast Sydney. Its a f**king disgrace.

I got the message the first time you said it. You don't need to repeat it 8,000,000,000,000 times.

strider

Post Whore
Go on a few other forums.
Ive read many say the eels pack is one of the weakest and softest theyve seen in years.

To many on here pre cum over Manu and Brown for being tough. Others teams have a whole forward pack of tough dudes.

Like Ive been saying to many average Nrl workers in our squad and not enough tackle breaking or thugs.
last year the exact same forward pack was touted by practically everyone as the toughest hard working pack in the game .... we bashed the f**k out of a massive storm pack week one of the finals last year

What a difference 8 months make

Latest posts