What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When it comes to money, not all clubs are equal

franklin2323

Immortal
It is only a matter of time for the lefties to clamp down on pokies just like they have done with things like cigarettes. What happens then, how do you close that gap?

Read the $850 development in our sub forum or about the sharks. Tigers trying to Rozelle.

All have no pokies instead residential, Commercial & family friendly so if the pokies got banned all would survive.

Are Souths doing similar with the closed down Leagues club? not just Souths but Newcastle with Tinkler same thing need more then a rich owner.

Canard

Immortal
Originally Posted by Ziggy the God
It is only a matter of time for the lefties to clamp down on pokies just like they have done with things like cigarettes. What happens then, how do you close that gap?

Considering the Left wont be in power in Australia for about 15 years post Sep this year, I dont think its a concern.

Not to mention when the ALP had the chance to do something with pokies they backed down, because they realise that half their constituency use the things.

Which is pretty shitful in my opinion.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Rusty isn't selling and the Leagues Club hasn't put a cent into the FC in donkeys years. Whats the issue?

There isn't one. The last time Souths Leagues contributed was 1982. In fact, under George, TV money was diverted from the team to the Leagues clubs. Souths Juniors still throw in around $500k, including running the under 20s so its not like the cupboard is completely bare. How are Saints and Manly leagues clubs travelling these days.

Regarding this story, people need to remember that Masters' hatred of Souths under Crowe/Holmes A'Court is directly correlational to his love of George Piggins. He's still waiting for George and Noelene to be carried back on sedan chairs by their adoring public. Notice how George was asked for a quote? Just like he every time Souths lose a few on the trot.

Tone83

Juniors
All I take from that is lol@raiders, all that money and the best players they could buy over the last decade are a balding old insurance salesmen in campese and a non entity in alan tongue. If either of those guys wound up on my beloved toowoomba clydesdales getting paid cigarettes I'd feel like our administration was taking the piss. Durries should get better players than that. Sounds like the raiders are good with real estate, they should stick with it and give up on footy.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
All I take from that is lol@raiders, all that money and the best players they could buy over the last decade are a balding old insurance salesmen in campese and a non entity in alan tongue. If either of those guys wound up on my beloved toowoomba clydesdales getting paid cigarettes I'd feel like our administration was taking the piss. Durries should get better players than that. Sounds like the raiders are good with real estate, they should stick with it and give up on footy.

*crickets chirp

perverse

Referee
I like the cut of your jib, do you have a blog and/or newsletter to which I can subscribe?

Latest posts