What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Morris returns...

VanillaGorilla

Juniors
When Morris is back, what do you do with Vidot? For mine, he has been playing some great footy, averaging 150 + metres per game, strong running, solid D and he has cut out those errors that plagued him at the start of 2012. It would be great if there was a spot for him. Could he or Nightingale play centre for C Stanley?

Country Dragon

Juniors
When Morris is back, what do you do with Vidot? For mine, he has been playing some great footy, averaging 150 + metres per game, strong running, solid D and he has cut out those errors that plagued him at the start of 2012. It would be great if there was a spot for him. Could he or Nightingale play centre for C Stanley?

No!

Gazzaw

Juniors
Vidot centre for Cooper. As much as I love Coops, I think his use by date is up & time to bite the bullet

gypsy

Bench
No. The errors which have plagued Vidot are far from a thing of the past.
I'm predicting he will be playing Super League this time next year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Well unfortunatley he plays a position that Saints have 2 of the best in the NRL playing in those spots so off to the Cutters it is.

He has improved and been pretty solid this season. Saints certainly have good cover in that position.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think nightingale brings nothing to the table and should be dropped when morris returns.

no, you idiot. of course I'm not serious..

Gazzaw

Juniors
What we lack is good (fit) centres, cannot rely on Coops to turn up each week.
You guys need to get yr brains out of the box. How do we know this kid isn't a boom centre without giving it a fly

Twenty10

Juniors
Chase Stanley is playing terribly. Seriously doesn't offer much at all. Vidot would be at centre instead IMO

VanillaGorilla

Juniors
Yeh it's a tought situation. Morris, Nightingale are the best wingers in the world and Dugan, albeit from one game against Parra, looks like he will lock down fullback for a while (provided he re-signs). The weakness we have atm is centres.. It would be a shame to lose Vidot's metres and charges when Morris is fit, when our centres aren't offering much at all! And we haven't even mentioned Quinlan yet!

Mr Red

First Grade
What we lack is good (fit) centres, cannot rely on Coops to turn up each week.
You guys need to get yr brains out of the box. How do we know this kid isn't a boom centre without giving it a fly

i think most agree Vidot should have had a chance at right centre by now, given that was the main reason he was recruited.
However learning the ropes in first grade is not an option.
He needs to go back to the cutters, with Price demanding that he plays in the centres.
Playing vidot on the wing in the Cutters is just a waste - we already know what he can/cant do in that position.....

Gazzaw

Juniors
Outside the box... Vidot is great in attack, think we all agree

As the other centre, he has Nightingale beside, defensively swap them. Flo to centre & Vidot on the wing. Just don't let Flo break out of the line like he does. We could be waiting quite a while for Mr Perfect centre to come on board.
Remember our issue has been scoring points

hardbaby

Coach
While Vidot has some mistakes in his game, his running metres are awesome. We will really miss that drive when he gets dropped. But he will.

Godz Illa

Coach
Vidot is a real penalty puller, too. He earnt two penalties on saturday night just by winning the ruck and fighting to get to his feet. I'd love to see a 'penalties earnt' stat, he'd have to be scoring at least 1 per game

ozbuck

Juniors
Some good points here!

I haven't seen much of Vidot in the centres but it sounds like he is pretty hopeless with defense there. For some reason I would rather see him in there compared to Stanley!

Vidot does make some quality meters, his size is dangerous when attacking near the line, and he always seems to draw a couple of penalties for us.

If he can work on his defense he would be a good centre to have.

dragondonar1

Juniors
vidot used to play centre as a junior but i think second row on the edge he would destroy oppositions similar to tony williams role. he would make a great impact player as a sub and could cover a range of positions if injuies occur

Latest posts