What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will people learn

chunk

Juniors
gr8_1 said:

What don't you believe ? Ashfield have always supported the Football club to some extent. They even put money into the Campbelltown Leagues to get it back up an running in order for it to support the Football club. I don't understand what your getting at mate ?

The Leagues Club evolved to support the Football Club.

You say that Ashfield supported Wests to some extent

If Ashfield weren't supporting Wests to the full extent and in turn allowed them to merge, that is shocking, to say the least.

In the past, if Balmain Leagues Club were not attempting to support Balmain Footy Club to the best of their capabilities.....I would be filthy.

I'm getting at the fact that the Leagues Club has a big bearing financially on the Footy Club

gr8_1

Juniors
chunk said:
The Leagues Club evolved to support the Football Club.

You say that Ashfield supported Wests to some extent

If Ashfield weren't supporting Wests to the full extent and in turn allowed them to merge, that is shocking, to say the least.

In the past, if Balmain Leagues Club were not attempting to support Balmain Footy Club to the best of their capabilities.....I would be filthy.

I'm getting at the fact that the Leagues Club has a big bearing financially on the Footy Club

They support the football club as best they can financially as they do with all the other sporting organisations under there banner. Even if they had more money to put into the football club back then it still wouldn't of been enough to save them. Crowds, success etc also played a major factor. You have to remember that Ashfield kept supporting the football club and still does even though it isn't based in the local area.

They have been putting in plenty of money into the football club to keep them alive in recent years. Without the extra funding from Ashfield the Magpies would not be around at a Premier League level. I also believe that Ashfield would put more in if the joint venture agreement allowed it.

chunk

Juniors
Sorry I thought you meant Ashfield held back on funding in the past.

So it seams that Balmain Leagues Club is holding back Wests Tigers financially.

If this new Leagues Club gets the go ahead at Balmain they will be able to chuck in more and in turn Ashfield.

Then I believe we could become a powerhouse football team.

Thats was the point of this thread, Wests Tigers are not recieving as much as possible from our Leagues Clubs.

Why should balmain tip in when the CEO whores home games out and has the side wearing a f**king ugly penriff jersey ? Whence the masterplan is up an running (and it is now a fait accompli) there will be a massive shake up at WT

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are the leagues clubs going to do with the extra money?

They can't use it on players wages.

So what is the point of this thread?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
chunk said:
I find that very hard to believe. Are you saying that Ashfield didn't want a strong Football Club..that seems ludicrous.

If your Leagues Club buys you quality footballers, there is no spoon and large crowds and in turn strong sponsorship.
League's clubs stopped buying players many years ago. Just in case you didn't know, the NRL Teams now have salary caps, which is used to pay player wages. The leagues clubs have very little to do with assisting their NRL Team financially at all now.

chunk

Juniors
madunit said:
chunk said:
I find that very hard to believe. Are you saying that Ashfield didn't want a strong Football Club..that seems ludicrous.

If your Leagues Club buys you quality footballers, there is no spoon and large crowds and in turn strong sponsorship.
League's clubs stopped buying players many years ago. Just in case you didn't know, the NRL Teams now have salary caps, which is used to pay player wages. The leagues clubs have very little to do with assisting their NRL Team financially at all now.

I'll have to disagree madunit.

I don't have the figures but I beleive that the relative Leagues Clubs of the Sydney teams chuck in quite a bit for their Football Clubs.

It might not go directly to player payments but it does go towards running an overall successful Football Club...you could say they are just like very large sponsorship grants.

SethGecko

Juniors
bling_fc said:
The SCG is only for this season due to the 100th blah blah

It's 3 get it in ya

seems like though...... if the NSW cricket team stay where they are, and it seems likely, that the SCG is not going to happen. Where does that game go then? Leichardt? Score for the Tigers if so.

innsaneink

Referee
SethGecko said:
seems like though...... if the NSW cricket team stay where they are, and it seems likely, that the SCG is not going to happen. Where does that game go then? Leichardt? Score for the Tigers if so.

SFS

alien

Referee
If our game against St George Illawarra is moved from the SCG then it should be played at Campbelltown Stadium and the game against Souths should be moved to Leichhardt.

smeghead

Bench
Yeah great idea. Therefor voiding contractual arrangements with sponsors etc. These people would have agreed to the possibility of the St George game being moved to the alternate venue and deemed it sufficient to sign off on it. The Souths game is locked into the SCG regardless.

Maybe the decision never should have been taken to move 2 games to the SCG. However in terms of the current situation it is a moot point as the decision was made and it was agreed upon by sonsors and the NRL including the possible contigency back up plan for Round 1.

smeghead said:
Maybe the decision never should have been taken to move 2 games to the SCG.

You reckon smeg ? But this is of course what happens when you have a short sighted CEO who'd rather make 5c in January rather than speculate on a team making the semis in september and earning the club a dollar. He's the sort of shmuck who would sell a Tag Heuer original watch to Aceben for $3 cos he needs a litre of milk, unaware that if he held onto it he'd sell it for 2 grand. His actions are the actions of a desperate

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
chunk said:
I'll have to disagree madunit.

I don't have the figures but I beleive that the relative Leagues Clubs of the Sydney teams chuck in quite a bit for their Football Clubs.

It might not go directly to player payments but it does go towards running an overall successful Football Club...you could say they are just like very large sponsorship grants.
You just agreed with my point.

Leagues club provide no assistance to teams buying players. Every team has the same salary cap to use for that purpose. Football clubs are a seperate entity now.