What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will this end? Dragons v Storm Rnd 25

SAP58

Juniors
Getting to the pointy end of the season, so I'm hoping the Storm rest a couple of key players. Like Munster, Hughes, Grant, Welch, Asofa-Solomona, Meaney, Coates, and Kamikamica. That should do it. And Papenhuyzen better not come back into the side.
We wish. Storm need to keep winning to stay in the top 4 & worst of all they need to improve their for & against. Oh no !!

2010Dragons

Bench
FFS , been reading this dribble about predictions of cricket scores against us for the last month or so. Credit to the side that they haven’t thrown it in but yet again the doomsayers keep putting shit on us.
Why be in denial? Does the truth hurt too much?
I've followed the Mighty Red V for well over 47 years, I've never seen the Dragons ever get the dreaded wooden spoon.
I'm just happy our past and present legends don't have to witness this hopeless team getting the spoon.
Lets all be real here, we won't win another game this year.
We have sacked our head coach.
The club captain is here in soul but his head is at his new club....
Yes HUNT is leaving. Once the dust settles from the finals more will be released.

merahputih

Juniors
The only $1.2 million dollar halfback in recorded history that can't kick a field goal lol having said that he's not the only one to blame far from it
Brings back memories of our 2018 prelim final v South's. Adam Reynolds kicked four field goals to win the game. It prompted me then to look up Hunts stats and was shocked he had never landed one in first grade.

Phantom V

Juniors
Like you Denis, I don't like to see us complaining every week but when things just don't get better the only way to get over the frustration is to yell out and complain to relieve the hurt. I pity my household for the amount of whinging I give out when usually I am quite placid. It is the constant frustration of watching our guys trying so hard to get on top and just not able to achieve it.

When you add up all of the years of this frustration, it makes you want to scream. Letting off steam and whinging is now part of me following this Club and until such time (God I hope that I will be around to see it) as we get many more wins than losses, then my frustration will linger longer.
Mate I think we’ve all felt the same frustration as you have over a number of years now, I get it, but realistically we are a few players short of becoming a team that can worry the top half of the competition.
In saying that, there are some positive signs for next year with the addition of the Couchman brothers and Dan Russell. These boys are goers and have tidied up our middles since coming into grade. Don’t forget we didn’t have Debelin in our last 2 games and Lomax was missing against Souths and we still had skin in both games. Better than our boys not turning up and getting flogged.
Hopefully a quality front rower and a centre with a bit of pace, combined with a tough preseason and we will improve big time from where we’re at right now.

Como Connection

First Grade
Mate I think we’ve all felt the same frustration as you have over a number of years now, I get it, but realistically we are a few players short of becoming a team that can worry the top half of the competition.
In saying that, there are some positive signs for next year with the addition of the Couchman brothers and Dan Russell. These boys are goers and have tidied up our middles since coming into grade. Don’t forget we didn’t have Debelin in our last 2 games and Lomax was missing against Souths and we still had skin in both games. Better than our boys not turning up and getting flogged.
Hopefully a quality front rower and a centre with a bit of pace, combined with a tough preseason and we will improve big time from where we’re at right now.
Plus BB playing well.
CC

Mojo

Bench
Am I the only one who though the twins didn't play too badly on the weekend? Max made 20 tackles and only missed two which is not too bad compared to what we usually see from him
IMO, Max has been very good under the high ball for a long time. Our whole team is slow and it becomes very obvious on the wings. Our defensive structures have been deplorable for ages and this also gets very much exposed on the wings. There's so much pressure put on these young guys. I feel sorry for them. Given what they've been exposed to since they advanced to 1st grade I don't think we have a reasonable basis to write them off.

Gees our defence is embarrassing though. How much longer are we going to watch players practically patting attackers on the butt when they run past us? The up-and-in style of defence that we use over and over and over again requires speed. We're sooooo slow we effectively create overlaps for our opponents. There was one play against the Rabbits where we had markers on every man in their backline and after only three passes, they had a three man overlap. Our wingers constantly contribute to this but it's invariably a whole team effort. We're slow and soft in defence and the wider the play goes the more obvious it becomes.

True_Believer

Juniors
IMO, Max has been very good under the high ball for a long time. Our whole team is slow and it becomes very obvious on the wings. Our defensive structures have been deplorable for ages and this also gets very much exposed on the wings. There's so much pressure put on these young guys. I feel sorry for them. Given what they've been exposed to since they advanced to 1st grade I don't think we have a reasonable basis to write them off.

Gees our defence is embarrassing though. How much longer are we going to watch players practically patting attackers on the butt when they run past us? The up-and-in style of defence that we use over and over and over again requires speed. We're sooooo slow we effectively create overlaps for our opponents. There was one play against the Rabbits where we had markers on every man in their backline and after only three passes, they had a three man overlap. Our wingers constantly contribute to this but it's invariably a whole team effort. We're slow and soft in defence and the wider the play goes the more obvious it becomes.
Mojo, do you think that's because we also aren't good one on one tacklers? I mean, the outside backs don't seem to trust each other and that seems to be what causes the overlaps. I know Rav and Max rush in, but it's almost like they don't trust their inside men to make the tackles.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Oh Yeah!! It just keeps getting better! Could never have imagined we'd sink to such depths. I hope Flanagan can work a few miracles to inspire and instill True Grit into our defence.
My two cents: Get back Cam McInnes and a few more like him and we'll have a better chance. Geez that was dumb cutting a workhorse like McInnes loose.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Get the bunker calls right and the Saints season is not as bad as the boys are trying but getting the $hite calls. Poor Ryan Carr as his coaching record should have to more wins to it which is I think more or equal to supper coach Cirraldo. He was the most popular assistant coach in the world.

Good thing about this season is the youngsters are getting a run and I am really liking the Couchman twins. They look to be great future prospects.

Bring on 2024.

The Storm are going to flog Saints unless they take it easy to avoid injury.