What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will this end? Dragons v Storm Rnd 25

Illusion

Bench
True Dave, but unfortunately he is being paid to do just that, and he cant.
Yep and poor Benny has put a big red X on his back , have said before , he had one good season out of 5 with his mate Hook as a individual player not as a N0 7 ........ Then signed on again for the big money (which I for one was against ) , then came the big SOOKING , "I don't want to play here anymore" , Well buddy every game you don't produce , you will be copping it left right and center ....... Should have shut your mouth and got on with it ....... Having said that , IMO can't see him lasting his contract out .......

Mojo

Bench
Mojo, do you think that's because we also aren't good one on one tacklers? I mean, the outside backs don't seem to trust each other and that seems to be what causes the overlaps. I know Rav and Max rush in, but it's almost like they don't trust their inside men to make the tackles.
Absolutely. Instead of marking a player and going into a tackle with conviction they're all thinking about where the ball is going to go next. The maniacal rushing-in looks desperate - it is desperate - because there's no confidence that the players inside them are able to complete the tackle. Also, as far as I can see, none of the good sides use this up-and -in style these days. The good sides seem to do the opposite; they almost herd the opposition to the edges and slide-out around them. Also, little guys trying to complete ball and all tackles on rampaging monsters has never worked in the history of the game. Well executed legs tackles can bring big guys down. Offloads are really difficult when you're in the process of a 110kg faceplant - like a Californian redgum attacked with a chainsaw.

Mojo

Bench
Oh Yeah!! It just keeps getting better! Could never have imagined we'd sink to such depths. I hope Flanagan can work a few miracles to inspire and instill True Grit into our defence.
My two cents: Get back Cam McInnes and a few more like him and we'll have a better chance. Geez that was dumb cutting a workhorse like McInnes loose.
100%. Numbsculls! Creating a space for their old Qld best buddy. Our illustrious leader (still): 'I want to go to a winning side'; 'I want Hook (aka Sinker) to be the coach' - what a load of self-serving BS!

justadragon

Bench
Absolutely. Instead of marking a player and going into a tackle with conviction they're all thinking about where the ball is going to go next. The maniacal rushing-in looks desperate - it is desperate - because there's no confidence that the players inside them are able to complete the tackle. Also, as far as I can see, none of the good sides use this up-and -in style these days. The good sides seem to do the opposite; they almost herd the opposition to the edges and slide-out around them. Also, little guys trying to complete ball and all tackles on rampaging monsters has never worked in the history of the game. Well executed legs tackles can bring big guys down. Offloads are really difficult when you're in the process of a 110kg faceplant - like a Californian redgum attacked with a chainsaw.
They have obviously been coached to rush in and shut down the play, the problem is they are too slow in doing that and our defence is too slow to get across, looks great when Rav nails someone, but horrible and costly when he misses not to mention pissing off most of this forum :)

BLM01

First Grade
Get the bunker calls right and the Saints season is not as bad as the boys are trying but getting the $hite calls. Poor Ryan Carr as his coaching record should have to more wins to it which is I think more or equal to supper coach Cirraldo. He was the most popular assistant coach in the world.

Good thing about this season is the youngsters are getting a run and I am really liking the Couchman twins. They look to be great future prospects.

Bring on 2024.

The Storm are going to flog Saints unless they take it easy to avoid injury.
Super Coach Ciraldo. Yes lauded as the great signing and next big thing. Gus even bought him some supposedly good players. It is only Year 1 for him..give him time.

Draginzaaar

Bench

St George Illawarra Dragons v Melbourne Storm
Sat August 19 2023, 7:35pm at WIN Stadium, Wollongong / Dharawal

St George Illawarra Dragons

1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Mathew Feagai 3. Moses Suli 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Talatau Amone 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Blake Lawrie 11. Billy Burns 12. Dan Russell 13. Michael Molo 14. Connor Muhleisen 15. Ryan Couchman 16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 17. Zane Musgrove 18. Toby Couchman 19. Sione Finau 20. Jaiyden Hunt 21. Paul Turner 22. Max Feagai

Teamlist Tuesday:
Out: Max Feagai (centre), Toby Couchman (bench)
In: Zac Lomax (centre), Francis Molo (front row)
Changes: Michael Molo (front row to lock), Ben Murdoch-Masila (lock to bench)

denis preston

First Grade
Toby Couchman ran for more metres,made more pcm, more tackles and no misses vs bmm in less mins.

Surely we've seen all that's to be seen with bmm
The only explanation is they are “ managing “ the Couchmans. I know we are running out, of troops but with some back this week I thought we could be a bit more daring. This effect on next years cap must be substantially more than I thought.
Congrats on Feagais 50 th but can’t help thinking he would be lucky to make 10 NRL games at a lot of other clubs. Guess it sums up the talent of our squad ( if second last hasn’t ! )

redVinme

Bench
The only explanation is they are “ managing “ the Couchmans. I know we are running out, of troops but with some back this week I thought we could be a bit more daring. This effect on next years cap must be substantially more than I thought.
Congrats on Feagais 50 th but can’t help thinking he would be lucky to make 10 NRL games at a lot of other clubs. Guess it sums up the talent of our squad ( if second last hasn’t ! )
Toby was rested the game before last. Maybe you are right or maybe he's just a bigger body. He's big average though either way.

Oh absolutely. Wingers should be the easiest position to find and develop too.

Are they
A) Fast
B) Tall
C) Both

We can't get either right 😂

Parko1310

Juniors
Hopefully MatF cops a niggle and Finau debuts. Just for interest sake.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm willing to give Mat Feagai more time. Realistically, he's had one good season and one bad. He might not have performed overly well this year, but let's see how he goes in season 3 before making a definitive judgement for mine

justadragon

Bench
From memory I think the Storm hates playing against unstructured play, so lets say F$%K it, throw the ball around and do things they dont expect us to do, like try and get into a grind with them. Who cares if we get dusted up by 10 or 50, and whilst we are at it I'm over panicking over the spoon, if we get it we deserve to get it. Yes I know we have been nutted by the bunker and all that but FFS the Dragons have been absolutely diabolical this year in both club and footy. Chances are we wont have one team representing us in finals, not one. I think we have bigger problems than winning the spoon. All this pie in the sky stuff about the Manu's, Tino's etc, wake up invest in our juniors you F^%kwits, look at Penrith, thats where our future is, its not worrying about Haas. Look at the Couchmans that we all talk about, theres others there just waiting to be developed further and the bonus is they LOVE the club !!!!

jeffdragon

Bench
From memory I think the Storm hates playing against unstructured play, so lets say F$%K it, throw the ball around and do things they dont expect us to do, like try and get into a grind with them. Who cares if we get dusted up by 10 or 50, and whilst we are at it I'm over panicking over the spoon, if we get it we deserve to get it. Yes I know we have been nutted by the bunker and all that but FFS the Dragons have been absolutely diabolical this year in both club and footy. Chances are we wont have one team representing us in finals, not one. I think we have bigger problems than winning the spoon. All this pie in the sky stuff about the Manu's, Tino's etc, wake up invest in our juniors you F^%kwits, look at Penrith, thats where our future is, its not worrying about Haas. Look at the Couchmans that we all talk about, theres others there just waiting to be developed further and the bonus is they LOVE the club !!!!
We should of got rid of the structured crap ages ago

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I can remember Dufty troubling them. They couldn't handle his pace or his passing game. So in that vein, maybe Lomax and Sloane might be able to create something. But if we go down the usual path of 5 hit-ups and a kick, we may as well forfeit now.