What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When will this end? Dragons v Storm Rnd 25

Draginzaaar

Bench
Hunt is not worth the money he’s paid
I can’t understand what all the fuss is with him. He’d be one of the last picks in the halfback ranks. He’s not a bad hooker that’s it
I thought he played better tonight than the past few weeks. Shit defence lost us that game. I don't understand why our defence policy is....leave the winger with space. We hardly stop the winger from scoring.

We showed so much in the 2nd half and I really thought we were going to win for once. But as usual some shit refereeing stopped us. But we did try hard and made a game of it. I think Hunt did try hard and whole team in that half went well. It always amazes me that you can never get a fast play the ball against Melbourne, Roosters or Cronulla. But if you do what they do , the Ref will keep giving them 6 again. We just never seem to get the luck of the draw, but tonight we proved we can do it. Some better defense and once again we would have won. Now we really do have to avoid the spoon. But tough to watch another close loss.

Dragon David

First Grade
This is all subjective of course but here goes. We are 67 points to the better of the Tigers at the moment. The Storm could easily beat us by say 30 points tonight which would leave us 37 points better than the Tigers. The Tigers play the Roosters next week and I think that the Roosters will win by say 18 points making us 48 better but we play the Warriors away and likely we lose by 24 points giving us 24 ahead. The Tigers play their last game against the Sea Eagles away and I think that the Sea Eagles will just win by say 8 points leaving us 32 ahead and then we play the Knights at home and we lose by 30 points, leaving us with just 2 points ahead and the spoon going to the Tigers. Whew!
Well now I have to revise this haha.
The Storm beat us by 10, leaving us 57 ahead. Tigers play Roosters and Roosters win by 18 giving us a lead of 75. We play Warriors and lose by 24, the lead will be 51. The Tigers play the Sea Eagles and now I change it to the Tigers winning by 12 which drops our lead to 39 and we lose to the Knights by 30, leaving us with 9 points ahead.

Now have to see how things actually pan out next week.

rasaint

Juniors
Ben Hunt played his guts out. Yes, got smashed trying to get a late pass away for a miracle break with 2 minutes left. Goal kicking very good. Melbournes last penalty wasn’t; watch it and note the winger is trying to get up and start running. Fair strip.

Not that much in it tonight. Harry Grant ( is a great player) but always has hands over the ball in tackles but not pulled up.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Well now I have to revise this haha.
The Storm beat us by 10, leaving us 57 ahead. Tigers play Roosters and Roosters win by 18 giving us a lead of 75. We play Warriors and lose by 24, the lead will be 51. The Tigers play the Sea Eagles and now I change it to the Tigers winning by 12 which drops our lead to 39 and we lose to the Knights by 30, leaving us with 9 points ahead.

Now have to see how things actually pan out next week.
we just may beat the Warriors who are showing some signs of wear and tear , NAH!

Dragon David

First Grade
We are proving to be no easy beats in the past 4 or so games. When we expect to be thrashed we put in enough effort to more or less just lose (still dirty though with some refs decisions in the last couple of games that might have had us winning those games). If our left side defence was better and Sloan's as well and if we had just a bit more pace and bigger/stronger middies, we could be a good side.

Not being thrashed has helped our for and against and now hope that the Tigers don't win the next two games - they are starting to get some confidence in their games lately.

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree with you Willow , the beggars robed us along with those damn officials ! There were a couple of tackles late in the game that have big question marks over them , namely the Billy Burns which I thought may had been a strip and of course the Hunt ‘ slam in the turf ‘ .

The poor sod was flattened and the Storm come up with the ball and surprise, surprise , damn surprise a bloody try in the bargain .

The Dragons showed plenty of heart and were certainly in the match and would had been deserving winners if only the passes had stuck , but not to be . I hope that they sing the team song with a much enthusiasm as they would had as if they had a win as they have played some good footy over the last few weeks .