What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Where Are They Now" thread

Suitman

Post Whore
David Woods- works for a finance company in the CBD. have spoken to him a few times. he hasn't had any more injuries since.

man that guy would get injured at the drop of a hat

He'd break a finger pushing a pen that bloke.

Suity

Captain BF

Juniors
According to a couple of his ex-team-mates who i have spoken to over the years, Woodsy was a lazy trainer and would rarely stretch before or after games. Be yeah he was a gun and could have been anything. He was my favourite player in that era of crap.

Gronk

Staff member
Judge orders Kiwi league star to pay $2.6m claim

5:30 AM Friday Jun 17, 2011
EXPAND

Former Kiwis league star Jarrod McCracken must pay $2.62 million plus costs after losing a legal battle over the delayed construction of a bar and restaurant in Australia.
His five-year court saga with a builder ended in the Australian Supreme Court yesterday when Justice Kerry Cullinane ruled against McCracken, the sole director and shareholder of the now-liquidated Coastline Constructions.
Phoenix Constructions, which built the Watermark complex in Townsville in 2006, started the court proceedings after claiming $1.9 million worth of unpaid construction costs.
The company also sought to recover $650,000 in other payments.
Outside court, Phoenix co-director Robert Evennett said McCracken would also be liable for the cost of the plaintiff's legal team, so his total bill could be up to $3.9 million.
"I would estimate we've spent A$1 million [$1.3 million] on lawyers' fees, hiring two barristers from Brisbane and Townsville, plus all the administration costs."
Mr Evennett said he started legal action in July 2006 after Coastline failed to meet costs associated with design setbacks and construction delays.
"I believed Mr McCracken did not hold up his end of the agreement. We still haven't got the money but this judgment is a step closer to seeing justice," Mr Evennett told the Townsville Bulletin newspaper.
In his judgment, Justice Cullinane said McCracken threatened Mr Evennett that he would close Coastline to avoid paying the outstanding sum, and made good the threat by liquidating the company last year.
Justice Cullinane said McCracken behaved improperly when he executed a joint-venture agreement with his wife, Michelle, when Coastline was in litigation, enabling him to transfer assets into her name so money owed to Phoenix could not be paid.
McCracken could not be contacted yesterday, but a spokesman for his new development company, Crackers Corporation, said an appeal was possible.
McCracken played 22 tests for the Kiwis between 1991 and 1999, and 184 first-grade games for the Bulldogs, Parramatta and Wests Tigers before his professional league career was ended by a neck injury in 2000.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10732726

Gronk

Staff member
They spent 1.3 million to recover potentially 1.9 million. Risky odds those.

Must have been very confident.

McCracken hasn't had a good run of late, he got fined $200k for illegally clearing 13ha land on his Nth Qld property last year. Removed rare trees etc. Nearly got a jail term actually.

parra pete

Referee
Springs could tell you about David Woods...Old Rankins Springs boy, same as Springs..
Matt Groat (wests) is another Rankins Springs boy.
(Just a couple of handy snippets of information)

Gronk

Staff member
Just watched a former Eel fair quite well on day 4 of of the 2010 World Series of Poker that I had saved on IQ.

Latest posts