What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the St.George area are you from?

The Chef

Juniors
Grew up in Earlwood but been living in Bexley North for the last 15years. Work within walking distance of Jubilee. Both my sons born at Hurstville private hospital.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Never lived in Kangaroo Point. Last residence in Sydney was in Rockdale, before that Newtown.

But that's a tad creepy OT. Why the sudden interest in where young people live?

saint.nick

Coach
Oh a carss park toff r we Nick, LOL. I played a bit of footy around there. Lovely area, but way out of my working class roots. Beside them buggars used to get the bottle deposit back for themselves.

Gee, I wonder what Wolseley St look's like now.

p.s. we went to the same high school Nick. Mind you I was a few classes ahead of ya!

p.p.s. the school first's footy team, of which I was a member, played in red and white hoops!

I don't think Wolseley street would have changed too much to be honest. I'm very lucky to live in Carss Park, it's like our own little world here.

P.S- they still play in red and white hoops.

silverex

Bench
Have always been in the St George area.

From 1950 to present -
Beverly Hills
Penshurst
Mortdale
Hurstville
Penshurst
Mortdale

Would try and tell you how long at each place but, at my age, it's too hard to remember!

TruSaint

Referee

From 1950 to present -
Beverly Hills
Penshurst
Mortdale
Hurstville
Penshurst
Mortdale

Would try and tell you how long at each place but, at my age, it's too hard to remember!

Now thats amazing... Dedication plus !!!

Born in the UK, emigrated in 1975 when I was 8. Moved from immigration flats in Waterloo to Brighton le Sands and then to Kitchener Street Kogarah where my parents still live. Hurstville Primary, Sydney Tech High School, then did my HSC at St George TAFE.

Have mostly lived in Newtown and Darlinghurst since finishing uni, except for a six year strip in the early oughts when I lived with my primary school age son in a flat in Green Street Kogarah so I could be back near my parents as a single dad.

Got my thirty year high school anniversary in October. They all live in the shire now. I'm back in Darlinghurst with an eight month old daughter.

dubo

Juniors

From 1950 to present -
Beverly Hills
Penshurst
Mortdale
Hurstville
Penshurst
Mortdale

This is a bit of a pattern silverex. Your next three will be

???????
Penshurst
Mortdale

Old_Timer

Juniors
Never lived in Kangaroo Point. Last residence in Sydney was in Rockdale, before that Newtown.

But that's a tad creepy OT. Why the sudden interest in where young people live?

Well, well, well, so now it comes out!

Our guest moderator is really a Newtown Blue Bags supporter. Born and bred in Newtown hey. Who would have thought that? :D

Definitely no St George pedigree there methinks. :D

An infidel among our ranks, with apology to Pat, et al, of course, LOL.

By way of explanation for the younguns, when the Rugby League competition was solely Sydney based, it was tradition to follow the team in who's district you were born, and grew up in.

If say hypothetically, you were born in Newtown and decided for whatever reason, to jump on the St George bandwagon, than would be considered tantamount to treason.:D

Old_Timer

Juniors
P.S- they still play in red and white hoops.

Really nick? We used to think that we were better than other catholic schools simply because of the colours we wore. :D

Do you know if the Kogarah Boys High School still wear a maroon jumper with a gold V?

Cagey Mac

Bench
Killarney Heights (Land of Tony Abbott and the bloody Sea Eagles)
Born in Marrickville
Attended De La Salle
Lived in Astral St Penshurst for a while too
Dragons supporter for 50 years and 5 months

saint.nick

Coach
Really nick? We used to think that we were better than other catholic schools simply because of the colours we wore. :D

Do you know if the Kogarah Boys High School still wear a maroon jumper with a gold V?

Well I'm not sure, because I never actually played representative league for the school, nor in any other sport. Current MCK boys might not to be able to answer that question either, since Kogarah high school is no longer in the league of schools that Marist brothers play against in sport. They only seem to play catholic schools.

jenninga

First Grade
Born Rooster territory then aged 2 moved to Dogs territory and schooled there,then lived for 22 years StGeorge area, now back in Rooster territory.
Wore the Red V jersey proudly on GF day through Rooster territory on my way to the scene of our great triumph in 2010.

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
Lived 3 months in Arncliffe in my 20s. 7 years in Shellharbour... you know, in the other part of the modern club.
born in Royal North Shore, grew up in Daceyville a stone's throw from Souths juniors. Supported the Dragons since I knew what league is. Been beat up for it too, so if you say that where I grew up precludes me from being a 'real' Saints supporter, you can go f**k yourself with a Saguaro cactus. A very old one.

I choose my tribe.

saints4me

Juniors
I'll play.
Born at St George Hospital. Raised in Bexley North.
In short first 40 of my 56 years in Dragons territory.
Now live just around the corner from Jubilee Ave in Baulkham Hills. LOL
Dragons supporter till I die.
PS - My Grandfather was a builder and worked on the current Taj Mahal. He knew all the greats by name when they played. Took me to the dressing sheds at Kogarah once after a game (I was about 9) and introduced me to Raper, Walsh, Wilson, Proven etc. Shook all their hands. I was so impressed that they knew my grandfather by name!Gotta tell ya that mighty Red V on the chests of those great players looked so huge! Couldn't wait to tell the kids at school. I was hooked!

Latest posts