What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where in the St.George area are you from?

elevenstraight

Juniors
Born in Paddington. Grew up in Picnic Point, Bankstown.

Never lived in the area but have Been a fan since I was an embryo. Mums from Bexley, Dads from Arncliffe.

Its in the blood

saint.nick

Coach
Lived 3 months in Arncliffe in my 20s. 7 years in Shellharbour... you know, in the other part of the modern club.
born in Royal North Shore, grew up in Daceyville a stone's throw from Souths juniors. Supported the Dragons since I knew what league is. Been beat up for it too, so if you say that where I grew up precludes me from being a 'real' Saints supporter, you can go f**k yourself with a Saguaro cactus. A very old one.

I choose my tribe.

Are you keen to share with us the story of when you were beaten up for being a saints fan?

saint.nick

Coach
And to the mods, I mistakenly left out Illawarra in the thread title. You can adjust that if you want. But this thread does not discriminate. You don't have to be from St.George :)

Dezziedc

Juniors
damn, i can't play this game, i'm in punchbowl, oh well go the dragons anyway, what was that bang, is that another drive by, carry on guys.

You don't know Trent do you?

I also can't play this game as I am QLDer. Grew up in rum country. Dragons support was actually by accident tbh. Never really followed the game (just to rebel against my father who was a die hard league supporter). But some of his fanaticism must have rubbed off on me because I watched the 92 final and there's been no looking back from there. He hated the Broncos with a passion so I am carrying on that tradition.

Old_Timer

Juniors
. ..Current MCK boys might not to be able to answer that question either, since Kogarah high school is no longer in the league of schools that Marist brothers play against in sport. They only seem to play catholic schools.

We also played in a catholic only schools competition for the whole season. But we did play them a couple of times in a knockout comp.

Surely a few on here went to Kogarah Boys High?

_snafu_

Immortal
Lived at Carrington Avenue Mortdale. Pretty handy for when I played for Renown.

Then moved to Carlton.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Lived in McPherson Street, Hurstville, parallel to Stony Creek Road, near the small Kingsway shops when growing up, school at DLS Kingsgrove. Since married have lived at Como for 33 years now.
First beer at the Grove Inn. Still have a beer once a week at the Ritz for old time sake, Hurstville has changed some what hey !!

De La Salle men of Kingsgrove
Rally round young and old
De La Salle men of Kingsgrove
To the banner of the blue and gold

Old_Timer

Juniors
Haven't they always been wests?

No Nick, Wests were originally based around Ashfield's Pratten Park. From there they expanded out to Lidcombe Sports Ground. The inclusion of the Campbelltown District came later, not to sure when. Anyone care to answer?

TonyTrugett

Juniors
Born at stg hospital. Grew up in bexley. Went to kingsgrove high. Now live in Wollongong. So when they merged it was the best of both worlds for me.

gangsouci

Juniors
Grew up in Sans Souci, Rocky Point Rd just before the bridge. Could stare out across the river at the shire and plan bombing it.

Then on monday would go there for school.

Rexxy

Coach
Kyeemagh via bexley north. I await the analysis forthcoming from Emu and Rod Hull Park

Old_Timer

Juniors
.... (just to rebel against my father who was a die hard league supporter).......

Ah the mighty DieHards. I think our Ross Strudwick rounded off his memorable career with them.

I went to a few of their games in Brissie. Their supporters were just as parochial as ours back then.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Born and bred north shore. But there was no chance in hell I was going to go for a team that last won a premiership the year after St George started ! :(

Acka

Coach
Ah the mighty DieHards. I think our Ross Strudwick rounded off his memorable career with them.

I went to a few of their games in Brissie. Their supporters were just as parochial as ours back then.

With a 26-0 win over Brisbane Souths coached by future St George premiership winning coach Wayne Bennett in the 79 BRL grand final

Latest posts