What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where it went wrong 2023

I reckon the performance of 2023 started in September 2022. Baggage on top of baggage
I agree.
Everyone talks up our attack top 4 stuff great on its day how we rank.

How about game management where do we rank I would say bottom 4.
We don't have patience to set for repeat sets, forwards will drop ball cold inside 20.
None of that improved,
No strategy, no let's work them over its score or hand it over.
That area needs overhaul.
I know he won't be moved on but a lot of this is BB fault

carinashark

First Grade
I agree ‘it’s score or hand it over‘ . I’m ok with a hand over if they have to start from the try line.

I agree.
Everyone talks up our attack top 4 stuff great on its day how we rank.

How about game management where do we rank I would say bottom 4.
We don't have patience to set for repeat sets, forwards will drop ball cold inside 20.
None of that improved,
No strategy, no let's work them over its score or hand it over.
That area needs overhaul.
I know he won't be moved on but a lot of this is BB fault
Game management is f**ked.
We had a game manager and we let him go.
Should have been looking for someone to compliment him like in 2016 not f**k him off.

Can run a clinic on shit sides with pretty flashy football, but lack sheer grit and toughness to get anywhere near the top sides.

We got recruitment wrong, all of it.

Recruited Nicho as a 7... why? no supporting evidence for that choice.

Recruited Dale as our main man... why? Was hidden in the storm system where everyone looks like superman.

Now we are in stale mate with no moves to get out of it.

Coach better get that order of shovels in at bunnings, there's a lot of digging to do to get us out of the hole we are in.

cb4

First Grade
Nicho at 7 isn't the problem. He played at "6" most of the season. It's a number on his back.
The main issue was having Moylan in the side for so long that Nicho became too reliant on himself and the team became too reliant on him.
Not trusting Trindall more was a big killer, when we were up 12-6, the game plan should have been kick to the corner and let them ruck it out, but we kept playing hot potato and it killed us.

Do we look to sign someone like Luai? Would cost us a Million but would manage the games out for us.
Or do we look to sign monster forwards who make 60m a set?
Can't have them both.

Reactions: PJ

DJDL

Bench
Nicho at 7 isn't the problem. He played at "6" most of the season. It's a number on his back.
The main issue was having Moylan in the side for so long that Nicho became too reliant on himself and the team became too reliant on him.
Not trusting Trindall more was a big killer, when we were up 12-6, the game plan should have been kick to the corner and let them ruck it out, but we kept playing hot potato and it killed us.

Do we look to sign someone like Luai? Would cost us a Million but would manage the games out for us.
Can't have them both.

I don't know that Luai has the game management skills.
Trindall can possibly handle it, but needs to be given more responsibility.

It's monster forwards for me.

Dykes should be given a go in the halves.
He has the skill set, bullet pass as well attacks the line.
He is going to make a mistake now and then I can see a intercept but him and Hynes.
I know not what people want, I think Trindall would make a damn good number 9.
He can tackle, kicking game from dummy half.
He is a schemer, close to goal line he would be dangerous.
Have McInness start at 9, ease Trindall into game.
Flog off the current hooker, he has not lived up to expectations.
Use some of what we can get from him and try to get Burgess

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I'm happy to give trindall and hynes a good run
Word.

Trindall main kicker.

There is no reason they cannot be similar to Hughes/Munster.

Trindall/Hughes to get around the park, most of the kicking, Hynes/Munster free to kick, run and attack as they see fit.

Geez it would be good if the dummy half did kick too.

Cameron Smith, dominated for 10 years, all his side's successful as he kicked too, left most of it to his halfbacks, Orford/Hill/ Thurston/Lockyer/Cronk/Hughes/Munster really does change the dynamic when your dummy can kick.

So

Can't have them both.
So moylan was the 7 for most of the season was he?
Could have fooled me.

Frenzy.

Immortal
And f**k no to Luai.

Jesus christ what's going on in the recruitment department.
Yes to Luai (he dreams)

Not because he may or not be a game manager. Not because he's a will-o-the-wisp style player with a bit of Factor X.

It's because he's an arrogant, niggly little merkin who gets under everyone's skin. Ennis is a 6 jersey.

Quicksilver

Bench
He is going to make a mistake now and then I can see a intercept but him and Hynes.

Yeah and when he does the forum will say he doesn't have what it takes and demand some SG Baller take his place

Special K

Coach
Yes to Luai (he dreams)

Not because he may or not be a game manager. Not because he's a will-o-the-wisp style player with a bit of Factor X.

It's because he's an arrogant, niggly little merkin who gets under everyone's skin. Ennis is a 6 jersey.

I f**ken hate Luai. Can't stand him.

He would be perfect for us though for all the reasons Frenzy said. I just think he will cost too much

Tiger Shark

Bench
What skills are you seeing to think Trindall would be a better 9 than Brailey?

Yes to Luai (he dreams)

Take most of them away from Penrith out on their own terms and they aren't much chop.

Have a look at the dogs.

Want hard edge, none of them cut it in origin other than Martin.

Go after Martin... for the forwards at least.

We don't need more flashy headless deadend plays.

1M player Luai is not. Backup singer in a boy band.

And we certainly don't need 2M on halves when the first one was supposed to be our saviour.

Spend another M to save the first M lol

Luai ain't the player we need and certainly don't want to see his boom box bullshit at shark park.

What skills are you seeing to think Trindall would be a better 9 than Brailey?
Kicking game from dummy half
I believe he would take better options in attack near goal line.
Trindall is more a heads up player.
I can see those grubbers on 6th to force drop out.
Ability to scheme.
More improvement in him, Brailey has peaked and already now going backwards, over 100 games and we get nothing new, yes looks good when is down hill skiing, but when it gets tough he just goes through the motions

cb4

First Grade
So

So moylan was the 7 for most of the season was he?
Could have fooled me.
Go back and watch all the games with Moylan again and you will see who starts the play (the halfback) and who receives the second pass (the 5/8)
The majority of the time, Moylan was in at first receiver on the long sweep plays. The numbers on the back meant nothing. Even Trindall was in at first receiver more than Hynes.

Go back and watch all the games with Moylan again and you will see who starts the play (the halfback) and who receives the second pass (the 5/8)
The majority of the time, Moylan was in at first receiver on the long sweep plays. The numbers on the back meant nothing. Even Trindall was in at first receiver more than Hynes.
I agree they interchanged.

I don't agree he was our main organising man.

I watch him off the ball alot as he shits me to tears with his lax attitide and he's doing sfa most of the time.

First pass stat's would be Nicho and nicho talks a truck load more to the players around him for setup. Game management also includes kicking. Where to kick when to kick. Nicho again. When trindall was in it was Trindall. If moylan kicked his leg would probably come off with those hamstring.

I agree they interchanged.

I don't agree he was our main organising man.

I watch him off the ball alot as he shits me to tears with his lax attitide and he's doing sfa most of the time.

First pass stat's would be Nicho and nicho talks a truck load more to the players around him for setup. Game management also includes kicking. Where to kick when to kick. Nicho again. When trindall was in it was Trindall. If moylan kicked his leg would probably come off with those hamstring.
Moylan never tested the defensive line, he would stroll to it, not once did he hit it with any speed, he just wouldnt put in.

Then when he had to defend he was just so lax.

And this is from a player who should have been a leader with amount of games played, not an example for the younger players.

He is basically a Aaron Woods playing in the halves

shaggs

Coach
Kicking game from dummy half
I believe he would take better options in attack near goal line.
Trindall is more a heads up player.
I can see those grubbers on 6th to force drop out.
Ability to scheme.
More improvement in him, Brailey has peaked and already now going backwards, over 100 games and we get nothing new, yes looks good when is down hill skiing, but when it gets tough he just goes through the motions
Can he do all of that after making 40-50 tackles on blokes that are 30 kilos heavier?

Latest posts