What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where too for Souths??

yobbo84

Coach
Knightmare said:
They were actually! If you read about the team's history in 'The History of Rugby League Clubs', you'll see that before 1972, Manly had a worse record in Grand Finals than Cronulla do! They lost something like 5 deciders before they finally popped the cherry. Having followed teams to the spoon and Grand Final defeat in the NRL and the A-League these past 12 months, I can say that losing a Grand Final hurts way more. The feeling of being so close but still not being able to get all the way is awful.

What's a Grand Final? Is that one of those games that happens when my team's on holidays in Bali?

Seano

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
What's a Grand Final? Is that one of those games that happens when my team's on holidays in Bali?

One of those things our grand parents always talk about? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

fishingjedi said:
Its going to take them a fair while to recover from being dumped. They lost all their juniors & sponsors. You cant recover from that overnight. They are now slowly starting to get a few juniors come through the ranks again & getting it together at the front office.
Give em time, they'll become competive again.

This is there 5th year back and they are worse then when they were re admitted. last year they won 8 out of there last 10 and there two losses were against the Grand Finalists.

They are going backwards and there lower grades on the weekend were awful. I watched both games PL and Flegg. There Flegg side was down 24-12 with 17 to play the Roosters scored to make it 30-12 and before Souths next had the ball it was 46-12. Roosters scored 5 tries in the last 17 minutes and it looked like touch.

Melbourne came into the premiership in 1998 and won it in 1999. They had nothing when they started except money. Souths had sponsors clambouring over them when they came back in. They were the most sponsored side in the league. But they did nothing with the money. They are a joke and an embarrassment to the NRL and if the Gold Coast come in next year and have a good year it could be time to start thinking about what to do with Souths.

There will be no next time for Souths if they get booted again that'll be it and News Ltd won't leave legal loopholes for Souths to exploit next time.

Latest posts