What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will SBW rank among the game's best ever second rowers?

Brutus

Referee
In all honesty he's not standing out like a colossus in a pack including JWH, FPN and Cordner. If anyone is standing out in that jersey it's Maloney, Jennings and T-sheck.

SBW is not the giant talent in his side that stands out like Joey did, or when Freddy wore the tricolours. SBW is good, but comparing him to Raper, Coote, Provan, Price, Hindmarsh, Higgs, Muggleton, Sharpe, Pebbles Laurie, Morrison, Widders, Mateo, John Baker or Chad Robinson is like comparing a Datsun with a McLaren.

Agree.

Loudstrat

Coach
There is no doubt that SBW is talented. Yet, we lived without him in a way we would have found it harder to live without Thurston, Smith, Inglis et al. In that side SBW doesnt stand out as much as other players stand out in other top sides. If you want stand out forwards, Smith, Gallen, Farah, and probably Scott in their clubs do so more.

You cannot compare a 70 game part timer that is yet to impact on a finals series (let alone many) or international football to the extent of people like Sironen, Menzies, Hindy, Tallis or Gavin Miller - let alone the elite of Raper, Provan, Coote, Price or Clyde.

If you simply want to compare skills, Gene Miles > SBW. Gavin Miler and Craig Salvatore could do similar things. No one compares to Beetson.

Besides, its not normal to hold a player in such massive esteem when he wants out of your club. The next 6-8 weeks will skip by very quickly.

Loudstrat

Coach
Bump.

Wonder what happened to the most talented backrower ever tonight - to look like a novice compared to the likes of Chris f*cking Heighington?

:lol::lol::lol:

GONZO72

Juniors
Loudtwat, u are a joke of a troll. A despised fool. Why don't you grow up, you dirty little boy.

No one gives a shit what you think.

Loudstrat

Coach
Dirty little boy? Wow - what an insult. I can just see you verbally mixing it with a pack of bikies after you smash their meth lab :lol::lol:

BTW, who did you poll on whether people cared what I think? Your dick?

NrlCoach

Juniors
YES! He has everything you would want in player. He even got the look no homo. Once in life time athlete

Tommy Smith

Referee
SBW was unbelievable in that second half.

Almost single handedly overturned a 26 nil deficit.

At the very least he ensured the game finished 4 tries all.

Freak of a player. Please stay for another year!!

gUt

Coach
Give him the 7 jersey now if you want to win the comp. Pearce can sook at the ref from the sidelines.

GONZO72

Juniors
SBW was unbelievable in that second half.

Almost single handedly overturned a 26 nil deficit.

At the very least he ensured the game finished 4 tries all.

Freak of a player. Please stay for another year!!

True.

Unfortunately there are green eyes monsters like loudtwat, who take pleasure in boring us all with his jealous and repetitive posts.

I feel sorry for the creature, I suspect he is unfortunate, which is sad, plus he follows a garbage , dog shit of a team. That is where he gets his breath from.

The Pip

Juniors
Even if the great SBW leaves to play yawnion, the chooks have just signed a strapping 18 year old from Dubbo - Dimitrios Mavrothallassittis? I think that's his name, not sure about how he spells his Christian name though. Apparently he is a gun and the Storm were after him too.

Even if the great SBW leaves to play yawnion, the chooks have just signed a strapping 18 year old from Dubbo - Dimitrios Mavrothallassittis? I think that's his name, not sure about how he spells his Christian name though. Apparently he is a gun and the Storm were after him too.

Can't wait for Ray Warren to get his mouth around that one!:lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
True.

Unfortunately there are green eyes monsters like loudtwat, who take pleasure in boring us all with his jealous and repetitive posts.

I feel sorry for the creature, I suspect he is unfortunate, which is sad, plus he follows a garbage , dog shit of a team. That is where he gets his breath from.
Is it just me or is it obvious to all that your posts read like the operations manual of a Korean washing machine translated by a factory hack into English?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He was ok. I wouldn't say immense. Doesn't make up for his appallingly first half.

Oh ok then. I often see second-rowers so desperate to get their team back in the game they run back to the wing to take a kick return. All standard stuff.

POPEYE

Coach
Sonny will lose interest well before he wins as many games for his team as Menzies, probably more talented with his hands than Steve but nowhere near as dedicated. Game's most talented maybe, best ever not in a bull's roar