Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Daza06, Dec 16, 2018.

?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

1. 1st to 4th

6.5%
  2. 5th to 8th

29.0%
  3. 9th to 12th

38.7%
  4. 13th to 16th

25.8%
  1. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

Battler mentality. Why did Farah and Marshall stay? No one else wanted them in reality

macnaz likes this.
  2. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

Just like how Thurston stayed at the Cowboys for all those years. I guess nobody wanted him either.

3. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

He is a winner. He makes average first graders look like world class players. NQ moved heaven and earth to keep him there.

Wobbie and Benji have appeared in just 2 semi finals series for Wests Tigers since we won the competition. But that’s alright, they are good blokes. That’s all that matters yeah?

And I’ll add, their premiership window at Wests Tigers closed at the end of 2012.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  4. stryker

stryker Juniors

Haha yeah no one wanted a golden boot winner nor the only hooker in the comp who could rival Smith.

The Charlatan, macnaz and Tigerm like this.
  5. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

He was that good for a couple of seasons but when he lost his pace he was never the same player. It was a couple of years where he was as good as Buderus and Smith. He wasn't at that level for long though.

6. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

As for this season I'm getting concerned because of the MCK and Musgrove issues. We need to have a decent squad. We are already short a player or two and we need to pick up replacements for these guys if possible.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  7. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

Its going to be pretty tough going getting anyone local now.

All the clubs have gone back to training I think, so their squads are set.

England is the best net now.

macnaz likes this.
  8. macnaz

macnaz Moderator Staff Member

I must say 2018 suprised me how well we went , but also disappointed and annoyed me we did the same old things to ruin a top 8 position. Im just hoping the side can surprise me again and against all odds go one step further this year.
    As dodgy as the comp is , if a side gets to the finals and overcomes all the obstacles the NRL puts before then any team can be a possibility.
    So in saying that , as a suppporter im going rejoin as a member and attend every game possible to at least guarantee we as a club achieve more then last year off the field and make a bigger profit then 2018 and jam it right up the NRL's corrupt arseholes!

9. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Re did my membership days before the NRL dropped a bomb on Camp Concord. Add the cap drama to Musgrove and MCK off field stuff, I may have had a year off. Really with what the Tigers have been through over the past six months they will over achieve if they get the spoon!!!!!

10. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/7659b23c62127d94c858b98b733ee1d1

Full article above.

Wests Tigers’ best 17

1. Moses Mbye

2. Davis Nofoaluma

3. Esan Marsters

4. Mahe Fonua

5. Corey Thompson

6. Benji Marshall

7. Luke Brooks

8. Russell Packer

9. Robbie Farah

10. Ben Matulino

11. Chris Lawrence

12. Ryan Matterson

13. Elijah Taylor

14. Josh Reynolds

15. Matt Eisenhuth

16. Alex Twal

17. Josh Aloiai

11. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I wouldn't be surprised to see that team at the start of the year but I hope we see a better team at some point.

Liddle > Farah
    I hope Fonua improves a lot or Morimovski gets that centre spot.
    Reynolds > Benji
    Reynolds is a terrible choice on the bench.
    ET might not be best suited for the team at 13. I like him as a player but are our props good enough to allow us to play a small lock who doesn't get metres.
    Hopefully we can have an impact prop on the bench. I have no idea if he will come good but I hope Mikaele fills that role.
    We should probably have 4 forwards on the bench or at worst 3 forwards and Liddle replacing Farah to give us some impact.

Vic Mackey and macnaz like this.
  12. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

Farah and benji starting, cmon...

This Year? likes this.
  13. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Farah will start the year at 9, however I’m very much hoping Liddle will force him out by the middle of the season. Benji shouldn’t have been resigned and I hope isn’t near first grade if Reynolds is fit

This Year? likes this.
  14. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

Benji is insurance, same as robbie. Start Liddle, play Robbie from the bench. Liddle will come on soon enough, throw him in there when he is fittest after preseason i reckon

Vic Mackey and Tiger05 like this.
  15. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

And mim has to be there ahead of fonua, as much as i love the guy. Cast one eye to the future

16. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

If Reynolds truly is 100% fit then I could see Benji moving to centres or playing reserve grade as backup. No way should we throw Liddle in round 1, let him get his game back together in reserve grade then ease him in to take Robbie's place.

What are people's thoughts on having Liddle start, then Robbie coming off the bench, then when Liddle comes back on Robbie move's to 13 to give E.T a breather? ET is basically a ball playing tackle machine 13, Robbie could easily do the same

17. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I'm not sold on this one yet. Who knows how this guy will go. Fonua has a lot of positive attributes as well. Don't get me wrong Fonua defending against fast players is about as bad as it gets. When you add to that he isn't good under the high ball he has a lot of flaws.

Fonua though is a beast. He offloads at will and gets good metres consistently. If he was fast and had good hands he would be a great player. Unfortunately he doesn't have those attributes.

18. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

All your points are the reason why mim starts for me

Das Hassler likes this.
  19. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

The problem is that he hasn't proven anything yet. I hope he can but who knows what will happen.

20. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Liddle should only be there if he can prove he is a better option for us, with RF retiring end of season (I presume) we need to find a replacement if Liddle isn't up to it.