What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where will this team finish in 06 (part 8)

where will the dragons team bellow finish in 06

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[QUOTE if the dissapointment of 2005 isn't enough to spur them on to glory, then nothing will.[/QUOTE]

& 2004,& 2003 & 2002, 2001, 2000 & especially 1999

_Johnsy

Referee
dazza62 said:
& 2004,& 2003 & 2002, 2001, 2000 & especially 1999

I think you need to re-evaluate the years you have written. 1999 has no real bearing on this squad as it is 6-7 years on and there were not too many players in this years squad who will be playing in the top 17 this year. 2005 was a year were the drags were clearly one of the two best sides towards the end of the year (the last month and a half of the regular season) they way the bowed out of the finals (a pure inept display), that will be the point that will ensure this year is a more successful one. I am surprised that this needed to be explained. I am sure the Broncs/Warriors/Parra etc have been very dissapointed every year for the last 5 or so, as stated in another reply, every year there are all bbut one side who are dissapointed, but are spured on by the dissapointments of the previous year.

_Johnsy said:
2005 was a year were the drags were clearly one of the two best sides towards the end of the year (the last month and a half of the regular season) they way the bowed out of the finals (a pure inept display), that will be the point that will ensure this year is a more successful one.

nah dont think so, you hear the same crap year after year when it comes to the dragons, they win a few games on the trot &suddenly they have the premiership won , no team will beat them , champion team on paper ,blah blah ...... yet nearly every yr they choke in the finals
& every yr their fans cannot believe what they see happen ....then the excuses come out .. the ref was against us ,we were penalised for nothing .. blah blah ....

it is no use performing well during the 26 rounds if the wheels fall off when the pressure is on in the finals

below i have translated for you
(a pure inept display)....... major choke..

_Johnsy

Referee
dazza62 said:
nah dont think so,

Your stupidity or blind hate for the dragons is laughable. If you cant honestly say that the dragons were not one of the two best sides after 26 rounds (which was the point I was making) you are a fool of intergallactic proportions.

Yes their semi against the tiges was inept, a choke, crap call it what you want, no arguments from me one that point. Back to the first point I raised above...... your'e wrong.

_Johnsy said:
Your stupidity or blind hate for the dragons is laughable. If you cant honestly say that the dragons were not one of the two best sides after 26 rounds (which was the point I was making) you are a fool of intergallactic proportions.

yes & you are missing my point ... What is the good of playing well for 26 rds .. even if you go through undefeated , IF (&the dragons are well noted for it) you choke/play bad/ inept display ,or whatever come finals time

as for the point you were making ibelieve you said they were one of the better teams but the way they bowed out of the finals last yr will ensure this is a more successful one ...your stupidity is you cannot accept that people find laughable when the old line is trotted out.... next yr they will do better ,they will learn from their mistakes .......&have thay .. no ... no matter how well they play during the yr they cannot get to the GF

Godz Illa

Coach
_Johnsy said:
Your stupidity or blind hate for the dragons is laughable.
I'd estimate that it's a handy portion of both - mixed with a cup of inferiority complex, two tablespoons of little-man syndrome and a pinch of self-loathing. Stir to taste.

Godz Illa said:
I'd estimate that it's a handy portion of both - mixed with a cup of inferiority complex, two tablespoons of little-man syndrome and a pinch of self-loathing. Stir to taste.

doubt it ..please explain where i was wrong ,they choked in 2004 & didnt learn a thing &choked again in 2005...... , i Cant wait till finals time this yr ,& the dragons will be there ,& when, not if they choke again , it all starts up again , next yr is our yr ,blah blah,blah,learn from our mistakes ,blah blah

Godz Illa

Coach
Dude, this schtick is getting too familiar now. You don't like St.George, they choke, the choking pleases you. We get it. Time to move on.

daslacker

Juniors
They'll be up there for sure.I said 3rd,but think they'll finish between 1st-4th.

Barrett is their key player no doubt.

daslacker

Juniors
Redback71 said:
at least they did not choke as bad as the eels.

and in 07 barrett maybe off to the uk, what then?

If,maybe,here,there.

Doesn't matter atm he's there this year.Isn't that what this thread about ala 2006?

OVP

Coach
Redback71 said:
and in 07 barrett maybe off to the uk, what then?

Well it will prove one thing ... Barrett is a bad choice to fill Fittler's boots for NSW. But ... is Barrett that shallow ? I dont believe it.

Eddie.

Bench
Saints will be up there.

Unfortunetly for them no one really cares how good they play in the regular season. If they lose one game in September their year seems to be written off as a failure.

Ill say they will make the 2nd week of the finals no problems. Can they win the big games though?

Latest posts