What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will this team finish part **

Where will the Warriors finish

• 1st

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

• 4th

• 5th

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 7th

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • 8th

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 9th

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 10th

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 11th

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • 12th

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 13th

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • 14th

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Wooden Spoon

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters

Iafeta

Referee
anjado said:
7th-15th
the warriors dont seem to have the spark in attack
they once had
there defence is better and if they can keep there discipline
and unearth a few younger players they can push into the bottom of the eighth
hopefully it wont go bad for them
but the warriors along with melbourne are probably
the most frustrating team in the comp to watch
sometimes there brilliant other times they looklike a park football team
so hopefully there are more flashes of the 2002/2003 warriors

Thats a fair analogy compared to the usual dribble of they throw too many hot potato passes and play with no structure, if anything in 2005 it was too structured.

Corbin

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
I doubt that will be the team. I'd be surprised if Vuna came from no appearances in 2005 to starting wing for 2006. I'm guessing Tony Martin will get a start (Byrne probably on the wing) and kick goals. Either that of Ropati will start in the centres again.

Wiki and Price will definitely be the props, with probably Anderson, Koopu and Guttenbeil in the back row.

Last year we defended well, played hard, and lacked inspiration on attack. This year, with Faumuina out of position in the halves and only plodders to take his place in the back row, we are going to be even shorter on inspiration. The forwards will tough it out but where are we going to score points?

I see us coming 12th-15th. If we make the top 8 it will be because either a) Faumuina has a huge season, and the likes of Ropati and Vatuvei really come in to their own, or b) we play a forward oriented game similar to the Tri-Nations final gameplan used by the Kiwis, and win low scoring struggles based on grit and determination (hard to see this working for a whole season.)

An accurate call from a true fan.

LU needs more of these type fans.

Dakink

Bench
If they have an exceptional run with injuries then anywhere from 8-12, if they have the average injuries for an NRL season then 14th.

Humphrey

Juniors
if the trials had been a bit more impressive I wouldnt be so negative even without the loss of points but I see us near the tailend

dodge said:
Robster, f**k up.

Dodge - If you got paid by the IQ point you'd die of starvation inside a week.

Either contribute something meaningful - or just shut the f*ck up. Nobody cares.

I see the Warriors realistically as coming 10th-12th.

They will initially play well and surprise many - fired up by (What THEY see as anyway) their 'unfair' punishment - but will fade badly as the season goes on. Same old, same old.

RABK

Referee
I still think Canberra will be right down there with them battling it out to avoid the spoon.

Mmm - look at the Warriors' 'competition' for the wooden spoon's halves combos - Sutton/Walker at Souths - and J.Smith/Withers at the Raiders.

Both of those teams are already a clear points winner over the Warriors in that dept.

And as bloody Peter Sterling won't stop going on about (even though he's RIGHT! :lol:) - for a team to be any chance of anything - ever - they need decent halves. Or at a pinch - even ONE decent half. Ok, I know it's a team game - and that you can make up & compensate for a lack of a lot of things...but not that.