What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whew....Great game.

parra pete

Referee
What a great game of Rugby League put on by two top teams, ruined by the act of one player..Couldn't believe it.
Those Bulldogs NEVER give in..
The Bulldogs had Mason, O'Meley Patten out.
The Eels had Cayless, Cordoba, Wagon and Burt missing
If the Bulldogs couldn't beat a weakened Parra tonight, they never will.;-)
Tim Smith had a great game and I thought the Eels got great value from Chad Robinson, Fui Fui in the forwards, and both dummy halves.
Good game..bad luck there had to be a loser:sarcasm:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Agree Pete, glad you paid notice to Tims game, very mature and top class. Still having doubts?

Like to give credit to Finch as well, he was very solid and looked very dangerous!

Parra Guru

Coach
I agree with what you've said pete. I also thought robbo was great tonight.

I think our goal line defence is still a worry, and the dogs seem to score a lot of points through flare. They don't appear to be well drilled. Our attack has been phenomenal though!

Great game and one I thought we had to win to prove that we are definate contenders!

parra pete

Referee
Eels win amid biting claim
August 3, 2007 - 9:58PM

Bulldogs 22 Eels 34

Parramatta withstood a thrilling Bulldogs fightback tonight to move a step closer to securing an NRL home final with a 34-22 victory, but it was overshadowed by a stunning biting accusation aimed at Dogs backrower Brad Morrin.

Morrin was put on report just before halftime when rugby union-bound Eels centre Timana Tahu made an official complaint to referee Sean Hampstead as he pointed to a mark on his arm.

It took the gloss off a magnificent game of rugby league at Telstra Stadium as the Bulldogs never gave up, Eels winger Krisnan Inu finally sealing the result with a try just before fulltime for a six tries to four win.

Asked a number of times if he wanted to make his accusation official, Tahu left Hampstead, Morrin and the live television audience in little doubt as he approached the referee.

"You f**king bit me you dog," Tahu was heard to say over the effects microphone.

He told the Nine Network after the match: "It was just a normal tackle and I felt a sting go on my arm.

"He bit me, I retaliated and got (penalised) for it.

"I was pretty upset and a bit angry but I had to get on with the game.

"It was a bite so what happens during the week happens."

Replays indicated the Bulldogs backrower could have a case to answer at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night, former Cronulla forward Chris Beattie the last player banned for bitting when he was given two weeks on the sideline in 2001.

The Bulldogs staged an amazing comeback after Inu had looked to have put the game beyond doubt with a penalty goal for a 24-10 lead after 55 minutes.

Cameron Phelps scored his second of the night three minutes later to put the home side back in the hunt but the Bulldogs looked to be dead and buried when Tahu went over out wide after a pair of long balls from Brett Finch and Tim Smith.

Again the Bulldogs came back via centre Daryl Millard and it looked like Sonny Bill Williams would be the hero for the second week in a row when he stripped Eric Grothe in his own in-goal, but the Kiwi backrower was denied for propelling the ball forward before touching down.

Inu finally sealed the win when he chip and chased for the corner - the Kiwi international tip toeing along the sideline as he ducked in to complete a personal haul of 14 points.

The Eels had made a flying start after the Bulldogs let the kick-off dribble over the sideline, powerful prop Fuifui Moimoi powering over on the second tackle of the match.

The visitors were beating the clock when Eric Grothe reeled in a ball that was floating over the sideline before stepping his way over for a 12-0 lead after eight minutes.

Williams single handedly dragged his side back into the contest when he carried three Eels defenders over the line but it was all two easy as Parramatta lock Chad Robinson ran straight through the heart of the Bulldogs defence for an 18-6 lead.

Again the Bulldogs surged, Willie Tonga drawing three defenders before flicking a ball out for an unmarked Phelps to put the ball over just inside the corner post.

AAP

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...id-biting-claim/2007/08/03/1185648149800.html

sportsmad

Juniors
gonna take a while to come down from that ride......awesome game.
:clap:
how good is it supporting the Eels, never a dull moment :crazy:

would've hated it to have been decided through 50/50 refereeing decisions, had the remote at the ready if the SBW knock on was awarded a try. thanks Bill, you saved me having to buy a new TV.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Yes, it was a great game of footy, but I wish the guys will stop give us supporters bloody heart attacks. I don't think I can handle anymore.
Can someone tell me what the Riot squad were dong at the game, for them to allow a dog to run onto the field and bite one of our players, god help our country.:lol::lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Eels win amid biting claim
August 3, 2007 - 9:58PM

Bulldogs 22 Eels 34

Replays indicated the Bulldogs backrower could have a case to answer at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night,

Could??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Suity

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ahh yes a great game I enjoyed it, a wins a good win especially over the arch rivals Canterbury. I mean was frustrating at times but I still enjoyed it.

I thought Tim Smith played well, really matured in the last few weeks. I dont know if anyone at home saw it, but he really tried to rev up the boys when they struggling to get back to their goal line leading 28-22. And threw that great pass to Timana Tahu to score, geez dont we have great backs in our team.

And how good is Inu, he looked dangerous everytime he took the ball up.

I am concerned about their goal line defence, they dont seem to move up in defence quick enough. They shouldnt have let in that first try, why doesnt Grothe stay on his wing.

Great win, and the hoodoo is broken, finally a win at Telstra against the Dogs.

Kornstar

Coach
We need to move up in a straight line, we are all staggered and that is why we keep getting into trouble, we are not attacking with our defence, we are waiting for them to come to us........that never stops tries, it is way to easy to run different angles at!!!!

Great win though, we really needed that. Tim Smith was outstanding!!!! The whole team was good but he has been good consistently now for a while, hopefully people will start believing in him.....

lucablight

First Grade
I thought Finch had his best game for the club. For the first time he was involved in alot of backline movements and setting up plays.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Finch looked very dabgerous tonight, great game. Timmy was sensational, but he has been all year.

You will find that our forwards really aimed up and this helped the halves set the rest up. Very impressed with Junior, Wellar has been a little quiet thou

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Weller and junior have played well the last 2 weeks, Hagan has used them well. He knows big games may tire them so he only gives limited time.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
Agree Pete, glad you paid notice to Tims game, very mature and top class. Still having doubts?

Like to give credit to Finch as well, he was very solid and looked very dangerous!

I've talked up Timmy all year, He gets better and better each game, Deserved MOM.

Fathead

Bench
We can attack but if we dont fix our goal line defence up big time we will just be making up the numbers. Notice that its not the defence in the middle but always in the centres thats the problem ?
Either Ben Smith or Eric Grothe leaves their man and comes in resulting in a try. We have to fix this up !!!!

goboggo

Juniors
In the modern game centres and winger HAVE to come in off their man.

It's about WHEN they come in. Good defensive outside backs pick the right times to come in and the right times to stay out.

If there's an overlap then the centre or winger needs to decide what to do. There's no point in them racing in if they get to the player 4 steps after he gets the ball, because he will just draw and pass. They have to get there at the same time as the ball.

If it's the centre that rushes in then the winger has to go with him. Likewise, if there's no overlap then the winger has to have faith in his centre (and the cover) to stop the attacking raid. At these times he needs to stay on his man.

It's all about timing and teamwork.

The line speed is a BIG issue.

goboggo

Juniors
Oh, as for the great game, man I'm loving our team.

You never feel safe, but you always feel that we can score if the other team does.

High-scoring, heart-attack stuff. Keep it coming!

Latest posts