What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whew....Great game.

Fathead

Bench
Re Ben Smith and Grothe, I know sometimes they have to come in but Ive just watched the tape again and the amount of times that Finch had Tonga and either Grothe or Ben Smith came in to give him a hand when it wasnt needed was obvious.
On one of the Phelps tries Tonga had three players on him including the winger and then off loaded to Phelps to just put the ball down. Stay with your man and no try.
Fix this up and we are all go.

sportsmad

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Has anyone else noticed that Ben Smith has stopped running out of the defensive line? The only time he has done it in the last few weeks was once against Ryan last night and it paid off, Ryan knocked it on.......i think that is a big reason why they are letting in tries too, most of this year Benny has put so much pressure on the attackers that they faulter, however it has been missing for a few weeks now and it has resulted in a few soft tries

mate, was going to say the exact same thing. get up there and smash 'em Benny, don't wait for them to come to you.

Kornstar

Coach
Listening to Talkin Sport today and good old Tunksie and Hughesie were crying about not having Mason, Patten and O'Meley, they seemed to totally leave out that we are down Wagon, Burt, Cayless and to a lesser extent Cordoba (i say lesser because i believe he is still building his way into being "crucial" to our team).

I actually turned over to the Continuous call after the Hagan interview because I hate Peter Tunks, he couldn't even admit that the Eels and in particular Tim Smith played well last night......he is a moron!!!!

sportsmad

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Listening to Talkin Sport today and good old Tunksie and Hughesie were crying about not having Mason, Patten and O'Meley, they seemed to totally leave out that we are down Wagon, Burt, Cayless and to a lesser extent Cordoba (i say lesser because i believe he is still building his way into being "crucial" to our team).

I actually turned over to the Continuous call after the Hagan interview because I hate Peter Tunks, he couldn't even admit that the Eels and in particular Tim Smith played well last night......he is a moron!!!!

Let them cry all they want, it means they aren't looking deeper into the facts that the players picked did not do the job. funny how if you abide by the salary cap then you can't stockpile the depth and a few injuries start to bite (no pun intended :lol:)

mickdo

Coach
That show is always a Dogs love-in whenever Tunks is on, and I usually just switch off. When Geyer's on it's usually pretty good though.

goboggo

Juniors
Kornstar said:
to a lesser extent Cordoba (i say lesser because i believe he is still building his way into being "crucial" to our team).

It depends who is out.

At the moment, without Cayless and Wags, the loss of Cordoba is important. Cordoba is a good defender. He makes quite a few important tackles close to our line.

If Fui or Cannings was the other prop injured, and Mateo the backrower that was injured, then the loss of Cordoba wouldn't be so bad.