What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whew....Great game.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
I agree with what you've said pete. I also thought robbo was great tonight.

I think our goal line defence is still a worry, and the dogs seem to score a lot of points through flare. They don't appear to be well drilled. Our attack has been phenomenal though!

Great game and one I thought we had to win to prove that we are definate contenders!
I agree it appeared that every time dogs got near our line they crossed, a great win but goal line defence still a concern.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
last week against manly, this week against the mutts.
two weeks of some of the best parra club games in a long long time.

and its still a month to go to the finals...stock up on the high blood pressure pills.

Gronk

Staff member
Great stuff. A few stats from NRL.com

Hindy, N - 52 tackles !

Fui - 17 hitups, 162m, 21 tackles

Hayne - 171m

Missed tackles - Grothe 4, Smith 4 (gotta fix that side)

Completion rate - 33/38 or 86% !

BILLYA-BULLDOG

Juniors
First of all let me congratulate parramatta on a greta win last night in what was the game of the year.Great atmosphere created by both supporters i was there screaming my lungs out.Shame a dumb a** player like Morrin had to ruin the game with a blatant bite on Tahu.
Im proud of out team we never gave up & if Hickey had looked on the inside & not the outside it would have being 28 all with about 5 minutes to go but it wasnt to be & the better team won.
Lets hope we meet again in the semi finals with bith sides at full strength it would be unreal & have a massive crowd
Once again congratulations to parra & well see ya in the semis

Kornstar

Coach
Has anyone else noticed that Ben Smith has stopped running out of the defensive line? The only time he has done it in the last few weeks was once against Ryan last night and it paid off, Ryan knocked it on.......i think that is a big reason why they are letting in tries too, most of this year Benny has put so much pressure on the attackers that they faulter, however it has been missing for a few weeks now and it has resulted in a few soft tries

Stagger eel

Staff member
watched the game last night under unusual circumstances and really had to contain my emotions but the one thing I noticed more than anything was how animated some of our players were, Timmy, Finchy, Benny, Pig, T and PJ seemed absolutely possesed and in the zone, I've seen Timmy jump out of his skin several times but never seen him like he was lastnight he was almost inhuman..some of his instinctive body movements made me piss myself laughing at times.

as long as the spirit in the camp is there, we'll be in with a real show because it certainly a big part of manufacturing the win last night.

Glenn

First Grade
Indeed seeing the recation from Tim after Ben Smith was on the end of the grubber, looks like they are enjoying playing football without being under the screws of you know who.

fish eel

Immortal
In a year where the standard of play hasnt been that great, the match last night had it all....some great defence, great tries, passion and feeling.

The contrast with the second friday night match last night was stark indeed

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I can feel finals footy coming now. Two weeks of quality football coming from both parra matches. If we can strengthen our defence we can give it a huge shake.

What a game! last week was a good game even though we lost but last night was way a better game of footy. GAME OF YEAR!
Timmy was outstanding!
Every body on both sides played well. (expect one dog *bite*)
Well done to both teams, lucky for the Dogs they scraped home against the Dragons last week or they would be in a spot of bother for the race to the finals.

Kornstar

Coach
fish eel said:
In a year where the standard of play hasnt been that great, the match last night had it all....some great defence, great tries, passion and feeling.

The contrast with the second friday night match last night was stark indeed

It has really picked up since Origin III though, i know the knights v Dragons wasn't the greatest but they both have ridiculous amounts of injuries, can't really fault their effort.....

strider

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
It has really picked up since Origin III though, i know the knights v Dragons wasn't the greatest but they both have ridiculous amounts of injuries, can't really fault their effort.....
i agree - i've seen some fantastic games of late

there are sh*t teams and sh*t games every season ..... i think this year is building towards a sh*t hot finals series