What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which club junior are you?

paulmac

Juniors
I moved about a fair bit as a kid so in order here are my junior clubs
South Eastern (Souths)
Seven Hills Waratahs (Parra)
West End Bulldogs (Ipswich)
Whalan Warriors ( Penrith)
Asquith Magpies (Norths)
Berowra Wallabies (North's)
Played Harold Matts and SG Ball for Norths with a few blokes that went on to play first grade namely
Matt Orford,Wes Tillot and Steve Carew.

SunnyCoast85

Juniors
Yeppoon Seagulls....

So smack bang in the middle for either Cowboys/Broncos....I'd rather neck myself than be a Bronco :lol:

big hit!

Bench
Whenever I've been in Oz, I've always lived in the Marrickville LGA which was originally a Newtown junior catchment. Since they folded, they've been absorbed into Souths Juniors.

The GF this year was interesting as certain suburbs within the Marrickville LGA, such as Dulwich Hill was very prominent for Canterbury paraphernalia. I supposed that's expected as it's only a one suburb removed from 'Canterbury'.

I played my junior footy for Carrington in the Souths juniors comp. They're now defunct.

Packy

Bench
I would be a Bronco junior. Played for Deception Bay, Burpengary and Redcliffe in that order....

BRB topping myself.

unforgiven

Bench
we had guys in the team that also played 16s for Muswellbrook. Played for Aberdeen one Saturday afternoon followed by a night game at Muswellbrook against teammates from a few hours beforehand. Lots of distance travelled playing group 21

Its probably why traveling to watch the footy isnt a chore for me now. Always had travel for something in the Upper Hunter, even to just go to the shops.

Butto

Juniors
When I moved to Newcastle kids would complain about having to travel to Maitland for games (30 minutes). Playing at Merriwa every second weekend was at least a 1 hour trip sometimes 2 hours plus mostly with Def leopard in the car cassette player.

unforgiven

Bench
When I moved to Newcastle kids would complain about having to travel to Maitland for games (30 minutes). Playing at Merriwa every second weekend was at least a 1 hour trip sometimes 2 hours plus mostly with Def leopard in the car cassette player.

I know the trip out to Merriwa well, though I actually preferred that trip than the one to Singleton. I always hated playing the Greyhounds, much preferred the Magpies.

RedVee

First Grade
I'm the 3rd Holman boy, and Terry Hey was in my team for a year or two around 77/78 ish. Living at Croydon Park. I also played for Lewisham. So I'm Wests & Newtown, real silvertail Stock! lol.

My son, Campbelltown Collegians & Macarthur Saints. So, Wests as well.

Liverpool City Lions as a kid.

Live in the glorious city of Campbelltown, but played for Appin Dogs last year. Not sure where Appin falls under.
Group 6 I think.

Butto

Juniors
I know the trip out to Merriwa well, though I actually preferred that trip than the one to Singleton. I always hated playing the Greyhounds, much preferred the Magpies.

Merriwa always had shit teams. Lost by 50 or 60 most weeks.

unforgiven

Bench
Merriwa always had shit teams. Lost by 50 or 60 most weeks.

Maybe thats why I have fonder memories of heading to Merriwa, lol. I also enjoyed heading out there for cricket as well as we played on the footy field, so therefore had the shorter square boundries.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm the 3rd Holman boy, and Terry Hey was in my team for a year or two around 77/78 ish. Living at Croydon Park. I also played for Lewisham. So I'm Wests & Newtown, real silvertail Stock! lol.

My son, Campbelltown Collegians & Macarthur Saints. So, Wests as well.

Group 6 I think.
Good on ya redvee

Keith Holman at the back left

196355_4829745204_4680_n.jpg

Butto

Juniors
Maybe thats why I have fonder memories of heading to Merriwa, lol. I also enjoyed heading out there for cricket as well as we played on the footy field, so therefore had the shorter square boundries.
Our cricket teams were just as bad. No matter who won the toss opposing team always batted first. They would make 2 or 3 hundred and we would get out for about 50 in reply. We just didn't have enough kids to be any good. I always played at least 2 years ahead in league and played open age cricket from about 13.

unforgiven

Bench
Our cricket teams were just as bad. No matter who won the toss opposing team always batted first. They would make 2 or 3 hundred and we would get out for about 50 in reply. We just didn't have enough kids to be any good. I always played at least 2 years ahead in league and played open age cricket from about 13.

I remember beating Merriwa 230-23 in a 24 over game, hit my first 6 that day. lol

RedVee

First Grade
Good on ya redvee

Keith Holman at the back left

196355_4829745204_4680_n.jpg

A couple of those guys look familiar. I think it was 74 & 75 or 75 & 76 I played at Lewo. Ashbury Angels before Holman, then Lewo, then Holman, then a last couple of years at Lewo OBs.

But I'm Jan 62 vintage, so the age is about right. My first year if two at Holman we had a 'blue' and a 'gold' team. My coaches were Bernie Burton, then Don Rogers (Wests & Canterbury), then Cliff Smith. Loved the old Holman club.

girvie

Staff member
I didn't grow up in Australia and they didn't play League where I come from, so no Juniors as a kid

In Australia, I first lived in Double Bay, so the now defunct Rose Bay Rams (Roosters) would be most local

Now I live in Pymble which has no Junior club. My nearest would be Lane Cove (Norths / Central Coast Bears) or Belrose Eagles (Manly)

Some good news on the north shore is that there is a new junior club being formed for next season to cover from Roseville to Wahroonga called the Ku-ring-gai Cubs. The contact details for the new club is cubsrugbyleague@gmail.com

Slug

Juniors
Liverpool Pats, Fairfield Pats, Mounties, Group 6. Flegg and Ball for Parramatta.