What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which loss hurt most

mets

Juniors
For me it was the 2000 semi-final against the roosters, when we were up 16-2 at half time and lost 26-20 i think. Not only were we gunna meet Brisbane in the grandfinal, which would have been a cracker, it was also Mattys, and Butters last game. Plus I flew over from NZ to see my 1st GF that year and instead of my team being there, it turned out to be 2 teams i hate. What games hurt you the most?

Misanthrope

Staff member
The 22-21 loss to the Bulldogs in 2002. That really hurt. My Dogs supporting mate had given up hope at halftime.

That semi final you mention was awful too. I was distraught. Wanted to beat the piss out of the TV.

Unrelated to Newie, but seeing the Warriors get smashed in the 2002 Grand Final really sucked. I was cheering for them once we got knocked out.

2002 again, when Cronulla smashed us. That hurt.

Terminator

First Grade
Definietly the 2000 playoff for the GF, I crawled inside abottle that night and stayed there for nearly two days until the pain went.

Anonymous

Juniors
Yeah. 2000 Playoff game.

Threw a video recorder out of the window of the second story house we lived in, after that game.

I was drunk BTW.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
That semi in 2000 killed, it was even more painful as I was at the ground. The loss to canterbury in 1998 was also really painful after we were up 16 nill.

Terminator

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Yeah. 2000 Playoff game.

Threw a video recorder out of the window of the second story house we lived in, after that game.

I was drunk BTW.

As was I, and I stayed that way for nearly two days.

MC DUI

Juniors
Yeah 2000 was not berry nice at all, worst thing was it was to the Goosters and also the fact that we were up 16-nil and whooping it up. #-o

I still remember the 1995 loss to Manly in the GF qualifier. No-one really predicted the Roosters to beat us in 2000, so it was embarrassing to lose that one, but when we were close all the way to the fancied Eagles, I just kept thinking they'd make it.

I believe the final score was 12-6 after a one point win the week before over the Sharks.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
I still remember the 1995 loss to Manly in the GF qualifier. No-one really predicted the Roosters to beat us in 2000, so it was embarrassing to lose that one, but when we were close all the way to the fancied Eagles, I just kept thinking they'd make it.

I believe the final score was 12-6 after a one point win the week before over the Sharks.

14-6 over manly. 19-18 over cronulla, muir had a blinder and scored two trys in that match to bring us back from the dead. We trailed twice in the match by 12 yet still won. Won of the all time best games, great field goal from matty johns as well.

Johns Magic

Referee
tiger_nick said:
Round 26 this year will take over for you boys! 8)

No because the only thing we'll lose that week is the "can't play without Joey" tag, as we grace into the finals series. I know I'll be happy with the win, but the fact that it will be at the Tigers expense is sad. I have a soft spot for you guys, so seeing you miss out on the 8 will be a little bit sad. But I'm getting used to it now. :lol:

antonius

Coach
Definately the 2000 loss to the Goosters, I was shattered, what hurt the most was I predicted it would happen after one incident in the game when we were romping along, My Sister-In-Law will confirm the prediction, and I've always blamed that one little incident for the loss. It was whe Peden tried to milk a penalty just after halftime, the penalty went to the Goosters they scored and it was downhill all the way after that. I was really p!ssed off because as mentioned it was the last game for a couple of our old hands.

thuganomics

Coach
2000 GF Hurt me.
We had it and lost it.
For 2004 the Raiders match really hurt me. And the Roosters match at EAS.

Latest posts