What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players to release???

dragon-83

Juniors
If the dragons are to go after the Stewart bros which players would they cinsider possibly releasing to free up some money?

Matt prior maybe

gypsy

Bench
Nightingale, Morris, Creagh and Scott need to be moved on asap. How they keep getting contracts is beyond me, I wouldn't feed Scott.

Bring back choc

Juniors
We shouldnt sign those wankers. But to entertain your post i would definitely off load prior.
Then the likes of Young, hornby and cooper will retire soon.... then contracts can be back loaded.
Dan hunt would be close...

Fingerbang

Bench
I am not a fan of the Stewart boys, but no one in their right mind would say this didn't look enticing.......

1. B Stewart
2. B Morris
3. K or C Stanley / Vidot
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Weyman
9. King
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. G Stewart

14. Merrin
15. Fien / Rein
16. Young
17. Anyone else who can cover front row

Last edited:

Bring back choc

Juniors
It is yet another rumour. The only enticing thing is the Stewart brothers are the exact players we need.
I know it won't happen, so luckily I don't like the players.

rainman44

Bench
young,fein,prior and hornby after this year and either go after the stewart brothers or maloney and simms

to_ddeath

Coach
Prior, Fein & possibly another forward or 2. Not sure what the hell is going to happen now that this rumour has been let out of the bag....

T.

watatank

Coach
If this is true it would probably be Young (off contract- may retire), Fien (probably lose his spot to King/Rein) and possibly one more. Hmm I'm thinking it might cost us Brett Morris (off contract) but I hope not.

Father Ted

First Grade
I wonder how much we have under the cap? I surpose we can backend the contracts if we sign them and let most players retire on their own terms . Can't see them letting Morris go . I wonder if they can place some of our signings under the Illawarra Steeler feeder cap If it happens then the Moltzen thing worked out well. "Memo" don't forget to get the release forms Peter.

Last edited:

PaddyBoy

Juniors
It is yet another rumour. The only enticing thing is the Stewart brothers are the exact players we need.
I know it won't happen, so luckily I don't like the players.

:lol::lol::lol:

What about Kyle Stanley (not for a release), is he a future fullback or seen as playing in the halves, that kid has got some serious skills from what I've seen.

watatank

Coach
:lol::lol::lol:

What about Kyle Stanley (not for a release), is he a future fullback or seen as playing in the halves, that kid has got some serious skills from what I've seen.

Natural successor to Hornby long term, in the meantime either fullback, centre or utility.

Mr Red

First Grade
irrespective of needing to release players to make room on the salary cap i would seriously think:

- prior needs to have a huge season, otherwise he should be gone
- dan hunt likewise, needs to have a huge season
- nathan Fien may retire before the end of the 2 year contract, he seems to have lost the spark needed
- Hornby may retire at the end of 2012
- dean young may be forced to retire - his knee is getting worse each season

Minh

First Grade
We've lost Boyd, Gaz and Moltzen there's your $1m plus, we did sign a few fringe players though.

Latest posts