What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the most one-eyed supporters?

Which team has the most one-eyed supporters?

• Total voters

maestro1

Bench
Neither does St George Illawarra.................................

Get over it. The 15 premierships are locked and loaded. See below when Killer Kearney is being chaired after one of our 15 premierships. I know this is something you have never enjoyed with your club, but it is poor form and poor sportsmanship to try and deny history. If you notice, the jersey Killer is wearing has a red V and a dragon on the emblem. They stiil play out of kogarah, and the fans staill cheer on the same entity which has had an addition to it. to try If you add an extension to your home, it is still located on the same premises and the address doesn't change. The NRL is a merger of Super League and ARL, but its hsitory goes back to 1908. By your logic all 16 clubs have a history that only dates back to 1998 (the year the NRL was formed). We all know that would be a ridiculous notion to entertain. You can't have it both ways. If you accept that the NRL dates back to 1908 even though it was formed in 1998, then you MUST accept that Saints history dates back to 1921.

1960_kearney_1a.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Get over it. The 15 premierships are locked and loaded. See below when Killer Kearney is being chaired after one of our 15 premierships. I know this is something you have never enjoyed with your club, but it is poor form and poor sportsmanship to try and deny history. If you notice, the jersey Killer is wearing has a red V and a dragon on the emblem. They stiil play out of kogarah, and the fans staill cheer on the same entity which has had an addition to it. to try If you add an extension to your home, it is still located on the same premises and the address doesn't change. The NRL is a merger of Super League and ARL, but its hsitory goes back to 1908. By your logic all 16 clubs have a history that only dates back to 1998 (the year the NRL was formed). We all know that would be a ridiculous notion to entertain. You can't have it both ways. If you accept that the NRL dates back to 1908 even though it was formed in 1998, then you MUST accept that Saints history dates back to 1921.

1960_kearney_1a.jpg

Incorrect. The St George Dragons are a defunct club with a proud history. They have 15 premierships, although sadly that number will never be added to.

The St George-Illawarra Dragons are a newly formed club who are yet to win their first premiership.

Put it this way... you say that your team as it exists now has won 15 premierships, and the next will be the 16th. I know Illawarra never won a premiership, but let's say they had won 1. Would you say your club had 16 premierships, or still 15?

maestro1

Bench
Illawarra never won a premiership, so you point is a moot one.

You conveniently disregard the super league vs ARL merger. So you are saying that the Raiders have never won a premiership, seeing as the NRL's history only goes back to 1998. The Raiders became a new entity when the NRL began. If you try and have it both ways you show yourself to be a hypocrit.

Answer me this.....Why do you accept the history of the NRL (being a merger between two entities, ARL and Super League), but will not accept the history of St george?

St George was never defunct, they continued trading. They never missed a game of ARL or NRL.They continued from the same premises, with the same emblem, jumper, home ground, same fans, sponsors, traditions.

Why do Saints bring John Raper, Langlands et al to speak to current players on the premise of past players who wore the famous red V.

Why do the NRL promote the Souths vs Saints Charity Shield as the traditional, official opening of the NRL season by traditional foes. Why do Saints reunions attended by current dragons players have past players such as Changa and Gasnier attending.

A defunct club is one which is no longer recognisable or represented by its fans and no longer participates in the competition. i can assure you, the Saints fan base, the largest in the NRL, is cheering on the same recogniseable emblem and jumper. Acknowledge your competitors efforts and achievements. Its called good sportsmanship. By all means have a friendly dig at other teams, but don't discount their history on something as flimsy as "Illawarra joined you". Why should that change anything. When you got married, did you stop being you? You merged with your wife, but you are still you..........

maestro1

Bench
Incorrect. The St George Dragons are a defunct club with a proud history. They have 15 premierships, although sadly that number will never be added to.

The St George-Illawarra Dragons are a newly formed club who are yet to win their first premiership.

Put it this way... you say that your team as it exists now has won 15 premierships, and the next will be the 16th. I know Illawarra never won a premiership, but let's say they had won 1. Would you say your club had 16 premierships, or still 15?

I'd say my club ONLY had 15 premierships. The Illawarra one could be recognised in a footnote and be identified by an asterix. The NRL do this at other times when it suits. Ie, the 1997 Super League grand final and the 1997 AR grand final. Its not hard if your not trying to be difficult. Why would a non-supporter of the Dragons get so hung up on how we identify our history. Surely that is our clubs reponsibility and perogative. As long as they don't manufacture a premiership then it should be fine.

Why does it burn you so much to acknowledge our history. If we want to play that game we could start saying thigs like, the raiders first premiership was tarnished by proven and admitted salary cap breach. So let's not count that premiership. Or the roosters only won 2002 because the dogs had their points deducted, or the knight 1997 premiership was tarnished by admitted steroid use. Anyone can be petty and try and change history by coming up with some cockamamy reason.

I'd probably say 16. Wests Tigers fans would be the best to ask about that.

(Off point to a degree, last year's Centenary of Rugby League designated Wests Tigers as founded in 2000 and STGI as 1921).

Jasdragon

Juniors

1960_kearney_1a.jpg

Correct!

Jasdragon

Juniors
Illawarra never won a premiership, so you point is a moot one.

You conveniently disregard the super league vs ARL merger. So you are saying that the Raiders have never won a premiership, seeing as the NRL's history only goes back to 1998. The Raiders became a new entity when the NRL began. If you try and have it both ways you show yourself to be a hypocrit.

Answer me this.....Why do you accept the history of the NRL (being a merger between two entities, ARL and Super League), but will not accept the history of St george?

St George was never defunct, they continued trading. They never missed a game of ARL or NRL.They continued from the same premises, with the same emblem, jumper, home ground, same fans, sponsors, traditions.

Why do Saints bring John Raper, Langlands et al to speak to current players on the premise of past players who wore the famous red V.

Why do the NRL promote the Souths vs Saints Charity Shield as the traditional, official opening of the NRL season by traditional foes. Why do Saints reunions attended by current dragons players have past players such as Changa and Gasnier attending.

A defunct club is one which is no longer recognisable or represented by its fans and no longer participates in the competition. i can assure you, the Saints fan base, the largest in the NRL, is cheering on the same recogniseable emblem and jumper. Acknowledge your competitors efforts and achievements. Its called good sportsmanship. By all means have a friendly dig at other teams, but don't discount their history on something as flimsy as "Illawarra joined you". Why should that change anything. When you got married, did you stop being you? You merged with your wife, but you are still you..........

Correct again and so true!

Jono1987

Juniors
maestro1 why do you bother? The amount of 'thick' on these forums unfortunately far exceeds people such as yourself making valid points. I mean St. George Illawarra hasn't won a premiership for 30 years right?!. Yet according to the vast majority on this forum we've only been a 'club' since 1999. Wait what? Far too confusing for me.

Keep up the good work maestro1.

fightingirish69

Juniors
actually i'm very suprised that the broncos got less votes than other clubs, you just have to read some of the posts by broncos fans on this site to see that they are extremely one eyed

Shire Panther

Juniors
This is easy. I have been going to games for as long as i can remeber (im 28) and without a shadow of a doubt The St George Illawarra Dragons have the most one eyed supporters by a country mile.............. Where do i even begin???

I dont think the St George Illawarra Dragons have lost a game fair and square in the 10 years they have existed:crazy: some of the supporters they have are dead set unbelievable, Some of them really need to get out more and see that there is a big wide world out there!!:lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
I would have zero problems if we started counting history from 1998. It's probably the only fair way to do it tbh.